PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve

TOTShadowCompany
12-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Which parts kit do I use? I have a RT kit but didn't they make a retro valve kit?

Tunaman
12-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Which parts kit do I use? I have a RT kit but didn't they make a retro valve kit?
Rt parts kit, Has enough to do it twice and you just have a few orings left over(banjo bolt orings). Comes with a spring too. I have them if you need one. tunaman5@verizon.net

TOTShadowCompany
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Ok. Rebuilt the Retro Valve and I had to replace the orings on the reg piston. Now I have air gushing out the back of the velocity adjuster. I have a level 10. Broke it back down to recheck. Everything looks ok. Stump'd.

TOTShadowCompany
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
^^^ Still stump'd.

BigEvil
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a bad piston. If this was an older Retro valve that came lvl 7 out of the factory, the safety pressure on the piston is too low and needs to be replaced.

Spider-TW
01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
If you have the adjuster backed out and it still leaks, you should look at the reg pin seal o-ring, and make sure you have the brass seat in there. You have to blow the piston o-ring or relief to get out of the back, and the reg pin is supposed to be shutting it off. Reg pin assembly good?

TOTShadowCompany
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a bad piston. If this was an older Retro valve that came lvl 7 out of the factory, the safety pressure on the piston is too low and needs to be replaced.

^^^ This. Just emailed tuna.

Ando
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Make sure you don't have the velocity up too high, it's designed to vent out the back. If you have the silver bolt spring installed remove it and install either the gold or red. The silver one isn't meant to be used as is.

I would ck the oring again before you go replacing the piston. Wouldn't be the first time someone pinched/cut that oring installing the piston.

TOTShadowCompany
01-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Make sure you don't have the velocity up too high, it's designed to vent out the back. If you have the silver bolt spring installed remove it and install either the gold or red. The silver one isn't meant to be used as is.

I would ck the oring again before you go replacing the piston. Wouldn't be the first time someone pinched/cut that oring installing the piston.

Will try first. Had the velocity adjuster pretty far out before I air'd up. Will check orings again.

Hook
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Glad I found this thread, I'm about to acquire a ReTro valve, so now I know what to check in case I have issues.