GOOD:
-xvalve is tune and shoots fine.
-everything goes together just fine.
-using and EGO8 OLED board/the one that does the readout not the LED lights
-got a plug to plug the SMC noid into the board

BAD:
-SMC noid seems to be venting all the the time
-sometimes the ram in the clippard rammer stays out and does not reset
-the ram when it does reset and i start cycling shots with the ram in my hand, it doesnt seem to be activating very hard. (exmaple i get the lpr to put out a higher preasure and hold my thumb over the ram and it doesnt even move my thumb) is this right?, the hole time the smc noid is just dumping air out the vent port.

anyone who can help me with what to do please speak up.

thankyou for any and all help.
kinda bummed that this is not going well.

lmk what you guys think.

thankyou,
KNM.

need4reebs
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
wat psi is the lpr putting out???

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
wat psi is the lpr putting out???
definently not the max for the noid

if anyone is wondering which one im using here it is.
http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=SMC-S070C-SDG-32&Category_Code=SOLENOIDS

the tiny one but i have definently not over preasurized it.

need4reebs
12-16-2012, 10:47 PM
maybe the lpr spiked causing the noid to leak...do you have a lpr tester to see what the pressure the lpr is putting when you air the marker up, shooting the marker, and when you de-gas the marker? the lpr could be spiking on ya???

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
maybe the lpr spiked causing the noid to leak...do you have a lpr tester to see what the pressure the lpr is putting when you air the marker up, shooting the marker, and when you de-gas the marker? the lpr could be spiking on ya???
i dont think it is.
using a micro rock, or a tickler.

need4reebs
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
u got a pic of it? hoping its not a tickler lpr...they are great for a pneumag but i wouldnt trust them with a ep set up! i use a Micro Rock on mine and have a LPR tester so if the egomag has been sitting for awhile i can test the LPR and make sure its still set correctly! the Micro Rock is consistent as well as reliable but i would rather check the pressure to be safe than mess up my noid and have it start venting like the problem yours is having...them noids aint cheap!

hill160881
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
sounds like you have the air lines reversed. Double check you have the input, out and vent correct.
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/hill160881/Ego-Mag%20II/100_0414.jpg

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
sounds like you have the air lines reversed. Double check you have the input, out and vent correct.
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/hill160881/Ego-Mag%20II/100_0414.jpg
yeah have the noid hooked up the right way with hoses and such.

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
u got a pic of it? hoping its not a tickler lpr...they are great for a pneumag but i wouldnt trust them with a ep set up! i use a Micro Rock on mine and have a LPR tester so if the egomag has been sitting for awhile i can test the LPR and make sure its still set correctly! the Micro Rock is consistent as well as reliable but i would rather check the pressure to be safe than mess up my noid and have it start venting like the problem yours is having...them noids aint cheap!
i know i have six of them. :D

dont have ****ing air though so now im sol till tommorow.

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
just so im not being a total bonehead,
counter clockwise or backing the adjuster out is lowering the lpr's preasure correcct?

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:37 PM
if its not a broken noid/ psi spike what else could be wrong?

knownothingmags
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
i have a microrock that was reanodized,

i have a pebble pps lpr ill try when i get air along with a new noid.

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 12:49 AM
if its not a broken noid/ psi spike what else could be wrong?

dont really know, any pics?

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 12:54 AM
dont really know, any pics?
how about this maybe this will shed some light.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/th_video-2012-12-16-21-58-20.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/?action=view&current=video-2012-12-16-21-58-20.mp4)
maybe answer my issues with this build.

hill160881
12-17-2012, 01:06 AM
I have only had one of these noids go out on me. It was due to a massive pressure spike. :( I blew my LPR and.........

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 01:10 AM
I have only had one of these noids go out on me. It was due to a massive pressure spike. :( I blew my LPR and.........
......?

blew the lpr?

im not new to doing this im just new to having issues like this.

something simple like plug the computer in?

you know what i mean?

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
how about this maybe this will shed some light.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/th_video-2012-12-16-21-58-20.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/?action=view&current=video-2012-12-16-21-58-20.mp4)
maybe answer my issues with this build.

cant really tell from the pics? maybe clip the ends of each hose and reattach them to get a tighter fit, make sure there are no kinks in the hoses...the kink will either stop the air flow, or possibly cause a spike in pressure if it un-kinks it self...just like a water hose? but cant see the hose connections or tha lpr or the way its setup in the frame from the pic???

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
cant really tell from the pics? maybe clip the ends of each hose and reattach them to get a tighter fit, make sure there are no kinks in the hoses...the kink will either stop the air flow, or possibly cause a spike in pressure if it un-kinks it self...just like a water hose? but cant see the hose connections or tha lpr or the way its setup in the frame from the pic???
its a video

and of course now that im out of air, it doesnt vent. lol
it has enough air to get the ram to go iny outy.

renie
12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Defo sounds like an lpr issue those tiny noids can be sensitive I've had them vent at 50psi before
Try swapping the lpr 1st if that don't work i would say it's a noid issue.
If u run a ULT it will lower your operating pressure to

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Defo sounds like an lpr issue those tiny noids can be sensitive I've had them vent at 50psi before
Try swapping the lpr 1st if that don't work i would say it's a noid issue.
If u run a ULT it will lower your operating pressure to
i had the lpr back out (counter clockwise) all the way and still vented, this hapened for two of my 4 noids.

i hope its not the lpr, i had it stripped and reanoded to match.
we will se when i get two more bottles of air tommorow.

f#*$#*$#$*#$*#$* i need a shoebox.

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 03:14 AM
i had the lpr back out (counter clockwise) all the way and still vented, this hapened for two of my 4 noids.

i hope its not the lpr, i had it stripped and reanoded to match.
we will se when i get two more bottles of air tommorow.

f#*$#*$#$*#$*#$* i need a shoebox.

didnt realize it was a video...sorry bout that big Dawg!!! if it was venting when the lpr was backed all the way out then either the noids are bad or the lpr is just letting the full pressure from go to the noids...should always make sure it works before anno...so you dont run into possible problems like this...you know??? :(

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 03:16 AM
didnt realize it was a video...sorry bout that big Dawg!!! if it was venting when the lpr was backed all the way out then either the noids are bad or the lpr is just letting the full pressure from go to the noids...should always make sure it works before anno...so you dont run into possible problems like this...you know??? :(
they worked. lol. trust me.
hmmmm im going to have to ask the techs in town if the forum cant help lol.

dont get me wrong you guys are helping i just need to get air to confirm.

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 03:22 AM
just watched the video and thats weird man! lpr cant be all the way backed out and still out put air...its supposed to not let any air pass thru? do you have some spare air fittings and a 0-160psi gauge to build a lpr tester for when you do get air???

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 03:25 AM
just watched the video and thats weird man! lpr cant be all the way backed out and still out put air...its supposed to not let any air pass thru? do you have some spare air fittings and a 0-160psi gauge to build a lpr tester for when you do get air???
i know why im getting full air preassure lol.
ill check in tommorow.

duh im dumb

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
they worked. lol. trust me.
hmmmm im going to have to ask the techs in town if the forum cant help lol.

dont get me wrong you guys are helping i just need to get air to confirm.

its either the noir, LPR, or tha mag is pissed caused you stripped it....it prolly liked its original color??? just kidding!! you dont have a scuba tank???

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 03:27 AM
i know why im getting full air preassure lol.
ill check in tommorow.

duh im dumb

why is that???

GEE TEE
12-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Sounds like LPR issues to me and possible noid damage

What dwell do you have the board set at, and does the X run the stock on/off or ULT?

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Sounds like LPR issues to me and possible noid damage

What dwell do you have the board set at, and does the X run the stock on/off or ULT?
ULT
but i was just dry firing the ram no actual use in the gun yet, since the noids started venting right off the bat.

Every one***
what does it mean when the micro rock is backs all the way out and it is still letting air go by?

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
so my oring for my micro rock maybe fudged and is letting full preasure air through

lol 100$ of busted noids so far im guessing.

i need to get air tommorow and ill test things out with a good lpr and a good noid.

im in a good spot to start getting things fixed. :D

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 07:41 PM
try running oil through the rock to grease up the insides, adjust the pressure all the way up and then back it out all the way with out it connected to the noir

sometimes the noid will vent like that so it wont over pressurize...a lil safety mechanism but it if keep happening it will blow up tha noid

still test out wat ever noid you were just using to make sure? if its bad try another one ?

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
try running oil through the rock to grease up the insides, adjust the pressure all the way up and then back it out all the way with out it connected to the noir

sometimes the noid will vent like that so it wont over pressurize...a lil safety mechanism but it if keep happening it will blow up tha noid

still test out wat ever noid you were just using to make sure? if its bad try another one ?
will do.

thankyou ill try that

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
will do.

thankyou ill try that

hope thats all it is man!!!

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
hope thats all it is man!!!
yeah so i threw in the pps pebble that i know works for sure with the little air i had left i back that sucker all the way out and, i have come to the conclusion like you guys are saying that it the lpr im using,

i called PPS an they said that the oring might be dried out or might have a small nick in it.they said the smallest nick in the oring can cause it to leak.

so im pretty sure it will be an easy fix tommorow.

thankyou again guys. :D:D

i need to get a shoebox and a scuba. lol

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
yeah so i threw in the pps pebble that i know works for sure with the little air i had left i back that sucker all the way out and, i have come to the conclusion like you guys are saying that it the lpr im using,

i called PPS an they said that the oring might be dried out or might have a small nick in it.they said the smallest nick in the oring can cause it to leak.

so im pretty sure it will be an easy fix tommorow.

thankyou again guys. :D:D

the Rocks are alot of fun to take apart :rolleyes: when my rock did this i shot oil thru it and adjusted the pressure up and and down a few times and it has worked great ever since...it was brand new...but might have been sitting on the shelf awhile

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 09:20 PM
the Rocks are alot of fun to take apart :rolleyes: when my rock did this i shot oil thru it and adjusted the pressure up and and down a few times and it has worked great ever since...it was brand new...but might have been sitting on the shelf awhile
yeah just think how long my stuff has been sitting.

too long.
:rofl::rofl:

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
yeah just think how long my stuff has been sitting.

too long.
:rofl::rofl:

oh then thats prolly wats going on then

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
oh then thats prolly wats going on then
now that i think of it thats the first thing i should have thought of.

i should write a manual on what not to forget when getting things setup in a mag.

because i apparently for get everything.

need4reebs
12-17-2012, 10:13 PM
now that i think of it thats the first thing i should have thought of.

i should write a manual on what not to forget when getting things setup in a mag.

because i apparently for get everything.

if your drunk when you tune or put a mag together, best thing to do is get drunk before you tune or put it back together...drunken recall is how i keep all my mags in order...haha!!!! :cheers:

knownothingmags
12-17-2012, 10:21 PM
if your drunk when you tune or put a mag together, best thing to do is get drunk before you tune or put it back together...drunken recall is how i keep all my mags in order...haha!!!! :cheers:

lol if only.:D

sober as can be when messin with the mags. wouldnt want to kill one of my babies.

it would be a sad day.

knownothingmags
12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
yeah its fixed now.

maybe if you remember to put in all the parts in the lpr when you reassemble it.

forgot the platic/rubber piece that the brass pin goes through for a seal.
the arrow will show you how dumb i am.
very important piece.:D:D:D:D
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/AO%20PICS/microrock_assembly1.jpg

GEE TEE
12-18-2012, 06:19 PM
http://saptstrength.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/8e634c2b_homer-doh.jpg

Glad you got it fixed

hill160881
12-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Did the noid hold up? They are designed to simply vent if over pressured,,, to a point.

knownothingmags
12-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Did the noid hold up? They are designed to simply vent if over pressured,,, to a point.
yeah noids are good to go.