PDA

View Full Version : valve mounting ?

RT Lover
12-19-2012, 01:22 AM
ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.

knownothingmags
12-19-2012, 02:53 AM
ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.
i guess the techs would say dont do it.
since there is no zlock or zlock pin channel to stop the back half of the valve from possibly unscrewing and busting/ killing the user in the face.

people will tell me if im wrong.

but thats what i gather.

knownothingmags
12-19-2012, 03:01 AM
are you rotating the rail exactly with the valve?
the rail is your saftey mechanism for the valve.

again no expert just sayin.

RT Lover
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve

knownothingmags
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve
locktight, not sure.

my tripple mage the two side valves have been rotated a bit, i would say almost 45*

so you can do it, but that tripple rail is one milled piece so i pretty sure thats not what you are thinking of doing,

yeah it would be a good idea to have a zlock chanel.

athomas
12-19-2012, 07:07 PM
The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.

knownothingmags
12-19-2012, 07:16 PM
The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.
+1

TimmyJay
12-19-2012, 07:36 PM
How do you plan to activate the on/off? The sear is in the grip and if you spin the valve 180* then it would be pointing up. I may be missing what you are asking...wouldn't be the first time for me. :tard:

sQuidvision
12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
if you set it up like a pneumag you can do it without issue. Hill's EP block works great!

RT Lover
12-19-2012, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes:

if you set it up like a pneumag you can do it without issue. Hill's EP block works great!

athomas
12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.Correction for better explanation: Actually, its the body that holds the on-off assembly in place. The rail holds everything at the correct spacing including the sear assembly which holds the on-off pin in place.

GEE TEE
12-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Are you trying to achieve a bottom feed mag?

If so you can leave the valve as it is and just fit a custom body with rotated breech port.. like a ULE warp but turned 90 degrees