PDA

View Full Version : Help! Safety is stuck!

Top Secret
02-19-2002, 01:16 PM
My E-Mag's safety is stuck in the safe position, and there is gas in the gun. The bolt was jammed, but I pushed it back in. The only gas is the gas in the line between the tank and gun.

cphilip
02-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Oil then rubber hammer. Doesn't work still ...bigger hammer.

udtseal
02-19-2002, 01:38 PM
DONT USE PLIERS!!!! tee hee! Pliers are the first things i grab when something gets stuck.

But like phil said, carefully put oil around the edges, let it sit for a little, then rubber mallet it, maybe use a small peice of wood as a shock dampener.

cphilip
02-19-2002, 01:46 PM
What! I was right? And I thought I was just kidding...well maybe?...there is always a first time right? :D

On a flat surface with a good couple of thick towels and a small rubber or plastic dead blow mallet. Tap on it after oiling it. Its probably got some grit or paint in it is all. If you use a punch be careful not to slip and scratch it. Or a wooden dowel will work good too. Be firm not tippy tap pansy like. One good solid wack. Have someone steady the marker so you have both hands free to steady the dowel or punch and strike a solid blow.

Top Secret
02-19-2002, 02:55 PM
:) For some reason the skeptic in me wants to wait for an answer from Tom before I take a rubber mallet to my $1000 electro. :D

Any other ideas before I go ahead and do it?

cphilip
02-19-2002, 02:59 PM
He he he he! I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't listen to me neither! :D

I'd opt for the big wooden dowel as a punch myself. Lot of pre oiling. You should be soaking it now by the way. You got a buddy handy? After oiling try it with your fingers a lot first. Hopefully it will pop on over that way.

nutz
02-19-2002, 03:20 PM
unscrew ur tank then maybe try taking apart ur gun??

BlackVCG
02-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Unscrew your tank or put it in the off position. Disconnect the air line going into the valve. Either disconnect the air going into the valve by unscrewing the fitting slowly and letting the air leak out, or if you have a quick disconnect, just pop that off.

Now you can disassemble the gun by pulling the mainbody off and then the rail. Make sure to pull the sear axle pin first before you take off the rail. Now you can see your safety and try getting it loose.

cphilip
02-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Listen to Black. He is the God of this kind of stuff.

Chupas2
02-19-2002, 03:37 PM
RUBBER MALLET. if that doesn't work try jack hammer and then call Jon and say it came that way. :p

Top Secret
02-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Ok then, where did I leave my jackhammer?

I really need to put a Pro-Connect on the gun so I don't have to worry about this crap anymore. I'll post back with results.

FedEx{SS}
02-19-2002, 05:22 PM
You could remove trigger frame and oil inside of saftey and oil outside.

dmonahan
02-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Mine did the same thing at the start of a game. I had to hit it on a poll to turn it off (Set safety button on poll and smack it) I have tried cleaning and lubing the button and it still sticks. Now I just don't use it.