PDA

View Full Version : Who is still making hardlines?

OPBN
01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Anyone still doing these? If not, anybody know exactly what tools are needed and where to get them? I have at least two markers that I would like to put hardlines on. If the investment isnt too steep I might think about buying the tools to do it and making a few extra sets.

Loguzzzzzz
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Some people have used the lines from a Phantom. I have seen it done. you can get them through WWA but I am sure there are other places too.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/cci%20parts.htm

OPBN
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Some people have used the lines from a Phantom. I have seen it done. you can get them through WWA but I am sure there are other places too.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/cci%20parts.htm

So basically just take these and cut them to length?

Loguzzzzzz
01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Actually from what I recall, all you need to do it stretch them out a little, that will slightly decrease the angle and it will line up. No cutting necessary.

At least this is what I remember.

OPBN
01-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Actually from what I recall, all you need to do it stretch them out a little, that will slightly decrease the angle and it will line up. No cutting necessary.

At least this is what I remember.

Doesnt do me any good for the bottom lines though. I want to replace both the line from the ASA to the foregrip and from the VASA to the valve.

BigEvil
01-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I can make you a custom hard line using macro fittings :eek:

OPBN
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM

But the macro fittings are what are pissing me off right now....:mad:

BigEvil
01-15-2013, 11:59 AM
But the macro fittings are what are pissing me off right now....:mad:

The compression fittings normally found on hardlines will piss you off more in the long run. They arent designed to come on and off frequently.

If you are having macro fitting issues there are a few solutions. There is an oring inside of then, slather them with dow 55 to swell them. Also make sure your macro line ends are cut fresh every now and then. They do tend to wear out making then not want to seal properly.

OPBN
01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
The compression fittings normally found on hardlines will piss you off more in the long run. They arent designed to come on and off frequently.

If you are having macro fitting issues there are a few solutions. There is an oring inside of then, slather them with dow 55 to swell them. Also make sure your macro line ends are cut fresh every now and then. They do tend to wear out making then not want to seal properly.

Today there are macroline issues to be sure. In general though, I have at least a couple that I would really like hardlines on. Might actually be interested in the hardline using macros. I want to replace the braided lines on my pump since I can't seem to get the exact length that I want. I'll PM you.

Konigballer
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Doc can make you any kind you want.

OPBN
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Doc can make you any kind you want.

Doc Nickel?

BigEvil
01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Good luck with that. :rofl:

Chronobreak
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/kdog-karta2.jpg

WWA did mine, not sure if he is will still do them.

usualy required sending the gun in for proper spacing

OPBN
01-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Very nice Chrono. I've heard some pretty mixed reviews about WWA to be quite honest. I would be reluctant to ship him anything for custom fitting.

Konigballer
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Did Doc retire, or is he just insanely back-logged?

Freedy500
01-15-2013, 04:02 PM
get a red X-valve and that will be a sexy beast. Well not like it already is.:p

dboggs79
01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Check out McMaster Carr. I was looking into doing some awhile back. You can get everything needed from them. Line,fittings, tubing cutter and bender.

rukh013
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/kdog-karta2.jpg

WWA did mine, not sure if he is will still do them.

usualy required sending the gun in for proper spacing

what barrel is that???

Henchman
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM

I agree.
Also, it's nice to know if you are at the field, a macro line is quickly fixed. All you need is an xacto knife and some line.
Done.

keiko_819
01-15-2013, 09:11 PM

never thought of this but sounds like i need it for my pump...

Chronobreak
01-16-2013, 04:38 PM
what barrel is that???

WWA Truth Series

the Justice Series is bored for Freak Inserts

mpsd
01-16-2013, 07:06 PM
My Justice one:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC06577.jpg

OneSelfLost
01-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Might want to look into Swagelok compression fittings. They're cheap and easy to fit, all you would need is a wrench. These fit nicely on an SS line. If there is a shop local to you that specializes in hydraulic and pneumatic hoses, drop by there and chat them up. They should have 1/8th inch NPT to Swagelok 90* elbows as well.