PDA

View Full Version : What Do U Do??

SlipknotX556
02-19-2002, 05:54 PM
hey guys, i just wanted to see what ppl did to get to the next bunker. The poll will say it all.

Jonno06
02-19-2002, 06:11 PM
i slide on my knees.......and dive

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-19-2002, 06:21 PM
i ussually slide in on my side and i like crawling snakes...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Sometimes I attemp to slide then end up crashing :p

(only when I wear cleats and try to do it on rock hard dirt)

:rolleyes:

HoppysMag
02-19-2002, 07:03 PM
i kinda slide...... it never works, 2 out of 3 times i end up shooting my foot. but when it works i look GOOD! i mean no tourny player can match my slide.....when it works....i can do a really good slide and shoot!:D

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 07:05 PM
i run then crouch walk in to the bunker

Dont wanna get holes in my new cammo pants!!!

Chri$

speedballbanks
02-19-2002, 07:16 PM
i do a backflip with a triple axle lol no i usually slide but if i have enough time i will run in and crouch it all depends though.

bornl33t
02-19-2002, 07:19 PM
lay down and then roll.... ya know, like you did when you were a kid down the hill? :D :D

SlipknotX556
02-19-2002, 07:47 PM
well just so u all kno i am the diving master... i dove into a bunker when Jonno06 wuz playin with me and i broke my harness and sent my battle swab that was on my mask strap flyin... it wuz really funny.

Trunnion
02-19-2002, 07:59 PM
heh. i'd like to do one or the other, but the floor at the place i play is solid concrete. not a good environment for diving/sliding. i just run.... real fast...

RT_Luver
02-19-2002, 08:04 PM
usually I just kinda run in and duck.But when i feal like it I will slide.....into the bunker wall.but when I dont i and it looks really good.One time I had this awesome jumo dive shoot kinda thing happen on accident and ended up getting the guy out.see I tripped and not to loose my balance I jumped and dived,I then pulled the trigger accidentally and SHOT THE GUY OUT.It was so cool.this guy got it on tape and it looked REALLY professional.couldn't remake it if i tried.

Jonno06
02-19-2002, 08:04 PM
concrete???that sounds safe....my field has grass,well,crab grass,and dirt,and lots of rocks,not big ones though.it sux trying to snap shoot w/ my knees on them though

AllAmericanMag
02-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Other. I just fall.

SlipknotX556
02-19-2002, 08:35 PM
well since alot of u dont dive into the bunker well this is what i look like.( this isnt really me this is what it looks like when i do dive though.)

Jonno06
02-19-2002, 08:38 PM
yea,i would dive,but i dont want to mess my gun up and stuff in the dirt,i also dont want to cut my arms to shreds....i might dive if a couple paintballs are getting close

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 08:43 PM
another reason i walk in to the bunker is because my brother though my gun down with my hopper and the lid cracked so it easliy pops open :). So if i slide or dive i will usally loose all my paint too!

Should you go out if the bunker has paint on it and you rub up against it. or should you be like John Macenrow (he's a tennis player) and throw down your gun and yell at the ref?

just wondering

Chri$

HoppysMag
02-19-2002, 08:47 PM
GalligerAtWar
for your hopper use the wonderfull fix it all, Duct tape....

nutz
02-19-2002, 09:28 PM
i have my own technique... i usually slide but sometimes i trip and fall head first into the bunker... haha at my friends house last saturday i triped while i was diving and since the grass was wet i tore a 1 foot by 6 inch line out of the grass with my emag!!!! haha im a smart one.....

:D

Cha0tic
02-19-2002, 10:24 PM
i like it when its wet and muddy....get a running start and go into a 20 foot slide to the bunker. but usually, i dive, slide, slip, fall, and stumble into the bunker. hey, whatever gets you there...

MAGS own YOU
02-20-2002, 05:46 AM
I lean back and slide in. This way i cant get smacked and get a third nipple when i make it to the 50.

udtseal
02-20-2002, 07:33 AM
I have my own special move, that I invented and copyrited. Its called the "Crash & Burn". I run to the bunker full throttle, then as I start to decelerate, I go down on one knee, the stupid Redz knee pad then begins to curl in on itself, at which point it becomes filled with dirt, I am now scrapping my knee on the ground and my knee has become a front end loader (construction equipment that scoops dirt). Now at this point, I will either
A.) keep sliding and make it to the bunker
B.) knee pad becomes so filled with dirt and knee digs into ground so much that I tumble head over teakettle.

hmmm...

polorboy
02-20-2002, 08:09 AM
Sometimes I end up falling on my butt, but I usualy slide because I think it is fun. The other day when we were practicing with GZ (Ground Zero) we were doing a gauntlet. When it was my turn I slide into the last bunker but I did not realize how muddy it was. My feet went first into the bunker and I ended up falling right on my butt. Rosie started said "you ok?", I said yes then he was like alright and I saw about a hopper full coming at me at once. I do not know how but I managed to get up and get behind the bunker before they hit me. I was kind of surprised. But anyway... I do slide a lot but I have had a lot of funny experiences. I just thought of another one. Last summer we (my team) were playing at some kids house playing woods ball. I was out so I started to ref, my one freind chet and my other friend Moe, were in a fire fight. Someone called paintcheck on Moe so I ran over and he did not see me untill the last second. I or my freind chet scared him so bad that he flung his gun in the air and his hopper opened. He was out anyway but it was pretty funny to see.

Chupas2
02-20-2002, 09:13 AM
I'd have to say anything and everything. It all depends on the situation.

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 09:15 AM
o i have a very speacil move when i dive its.... i jump over the bunker and land on the guy, once i dove into one of those pipe bunkers and knocked it over and so did my bro The Patriot he knocked one over and then he was an open target and managed to get away but i dont kno how he did.

e21bgl
02-20-2002, 09:59 AM
I usually dive . I can't slide because of my weight & size is too fat !! :D

TheTramp
02-20-2002, 10:08 AM
I play back so I don't move too much but when a do take a new position I generaly walk (if we are winning)or slide (if I'm one of the last left).

Jonno06
02-20-2002, 03:26 PM
I have a new one to add,it should kinda be in the stupid shist youve done,but oh well.Sunday i was playing at FloridaPaintballCenter,and i ran full speed to the teepee which was at the 50,and i slid like 5 feet before it and i keep sliding,and i nail it.The bunker starts to tip over,so i quikly drop my gun and grab the bunker from falling over.......embarrising,but i stayed in the game and didnt get out.

ps...isnt it illegal in the NPPL to move any bunker?(i know you can mover supairball bunkers easily,but they are steaked,if they come unstaked,your out?)

MajorDamage
02-20-2002, 03:33 PM
I do them all, but usually its a slide. Usually when I dive its a failed slide lol, and my hopper flies off...lol. My hopper usually falls off when I dive :(. But then sometimes I just run to the next bunker(especially to a standup). But sliding is the norm.

ENDO!

HoppysMag
02-20-2002, 03:45 PM
my friend Hoover, hes like 250LB's and 16 , knocked over a piramid of 55 gallon drums it was like 4 cross the bottm and 3 on top...... they wernt bolted and it was like BAM!!!! bowling cans flyin everywere like bowling pins on a strike.

Linkin
02-20-2002, 04:28 PM
lol,
I usually crah into the bunker cuz i pay to much attention to shooting on the way. lol Just last week i was on an indoor feild and i ran into a rather hard metal column.

FatMan
02-20-2002, 04:33 PM
My normal move is to waddle up to the bunker and then kind of collapse. My buddy Phil likes to jog almost all the way there and then trip and fall flat on his face! :p When I was younger I liked to skip - really throws the competition off guard! Now I'm too old to skip. :(
Diving is right out! I'd look like a beached whale flopping in the sun! :o Sliding *sounds* like a good idea it just never seems to work out right for me. I think the coefficient of friction is too high or something. Who out there knows what the coefficient of friction is for a 40 year old white fat guy? Maybe this belongs in the Big Blue forum, being all technical and stuff.

So, I guess I'm "other" huh?

FatMan

Jonno06
02-20-2002, 04:42 PM
um...you could classify that as other,but if skipping is "other",what is hauling arse?lol

Cardinal_Biggles
02-22-2002, 04:15 AM
I can pull off one mean slide, especially on gravel. It saved my butt one day when I bunkered three kids and had no paint. Lucky for me they all surrendered.:D

ThePatriot
02-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I need naught slide nor jump. My leet speed helps me...i can outrun anyone on the field, i even outrun paintballs. Its not that hard either...most of the time the people shooting at u, point the gun and fire at u, when ur running, by the time the paintball gets to you, you are already like 3 feet ahead of it. Someone has to know what they are doing and take time to think and shoot ahead of the person to hit them...

Jonno06
02-22-2002, 08:54 PM
we both mad that mad crazy dash across the field without getting hit.That was insane,they suck b/c they didnt hit us.darn n00b's say they are gonna rush with us,and only we run.....idiots

RoadDawg
02-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Last time I tried slidding was in snow and I slid out the other side and got shot a bizillion times. When I dive I loose all my paint and end up hurting myself. Normally I try to slide and do some snap shots. (thank you 10 years of baseball) If that don't work I crash into the bunker and usually get a good laughing response.

Telefragged
02-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Yea...I..."Slide" More like trip, land on my knees and go forward, trying to make it look like I meant it all along. But when I actually slide good, it looks goooood

Hasty8
02-27-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm a really big fat guy so you may want to ask those who se me as a bunker.

SlipknotX556
02-27-2002, 05:07 PM
lol im fat to. not really i just like callin myslef fat. i think it funny.

Jonno06
02-27-2002, 05:17 PM
i tried to slide the other day,and i looked like the guy on warpig,doing a slide,who looses his hopper,and kinda rolls over,it was hilarious

SlipknotX556
02-27-2002, 05:18 PM
jonno we gotta learn to slide better cuz remember the 2 guys on warpig who slide into that huge bunker..... thats us march 9th.

Exodus
02-28-2002, 07:17 PM
i usualy slide but its fun to cannonball into a bunker every now and then. others dont enjoy it when you do it into a shared bunker:D

SlipknotX556
02-28-2002, 09:38 PM
when i dive i usually dive on top of one of my own teammates or i dive on top of the other team. LOL