PDA

View Full Version : dammage from dropping a tank :(

MagMaster2
02-19-2002, 07:19 PM
The other day I was carrying my spare tank (a 20 oz co2 tank) when I accidentally dropped it. it landed valve first, perfectly vertically and fell over. It fell from a height of about 3 feet onto hard floor. there doesn,t appear to be any dammage to the valve but is there any structural dammage that could have occeured to the tank???

please post your thoughts.

speedballbanks
02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
i dont think there would be anything yuo would have to worry about cause those co2 tanks are pretty strong believe me me and my friend hit a 12 ounce chrome-oly one with a softball bat and i had to hit it 5 times before it even dented then me killed it really bad. lol:D

HoppysMag
02-19-2002, 07:39 PM
well if it dosnt seem right replace the vaulve......its only 14$..........better safe then sorry!;)

MagMaster2
02-19-2002, 08:49 PM
considering it was empty at the time as well I don't think anything really happened. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank God i wasn't carrying my fiber tank:D

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 08:51 PM
HEY i droped my 114ci nitro tank off my back. Ii had a harness and bent over and it came out. It landed on its top and bent the on off thing on the remote. i also got a few scraches on the tank and it is a carbon fiber tank. does that mean anything?

Is my tank ok? or will it blow up :D

i need a WDP 114 ci tank cover if any 1 has 1 or know where to get 1

Chr!$

hawpunch
02-20-2002, 04:38 AM
hey gallagher,

you sure your brother didn't throw your tank on the ground too? j/k :). i'd get the tank checked out before you use it...the scratches might not adequately indicate the amount of structural damage to your tank. and i read a thread once where a guy was filling a tank and it blew up in his hand. you got to be careful now days. but if there are any fiber wrapped n2 tank experts here, help out!

aloha,

jae park

Blennidae
02-20-2002, 08:37 AM
OK, now what was your reason for doing this?

Originally posted by speedballbanks
i dont think there would be anything yuo would have to worry about cause those co2 tanks are pretty strong believe me me and my friend hit a 12 ounce chrome-oly one with a softball bat and i had to hit it 5 times before it even dented then me killed it really bad. lol:D

Drizit
02-20-2002, 11:34 AM
GalligerAtWar i'd take it to the local dive shop and have it hydro tested, or you could check out www.hydrotesters.com it's better safe then sorry, when you're dealing with a 3000 or 4500 psi bomb, that you put next to your head.

FeelTheRT
02-20-2002, 02:30 PM
read this lucky person's story. His Air tank blew up and luckly he was holding it so that the tank didn't blow up into him. He could have lost an arm or died...

even has pics

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58893

xmetal2001
02-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Since its CO2, don't worry, if it was nitro, then you would DEFINATLY want to get it hydroed. At the field i ref at when we are taking apart the rentals we chuck the co2 tanks into a basket often times missing. Burst disks blow all the time and some have cracked and co2 started spraying out. Now that i think about it this probably isnt too safe hmmm.... anyway u see no damage its probably fine. if the valve is ok...

Drizit
02-21-2002, 03:34 PM
up
after seeing that link that Feel put in i think every one should read this.

Paintballer86
02-21-2002, 03:59 PM
After I read that story on PBnation, I went and put my gun in my dads gun safe in his closet! :eek: