PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting your Emag trigger-TIP

ah137
02-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Having a hard time adjusting my Emag trigger by only relying on hearing the solenoid click. This wouldn't always happen because the Emag solenoid would bottom out after one click. Also the new 1.37 soft ware will not flash when the trigger is pulled. I decided to make a very easy aid. It is a L.E.D. on a warp interface plug. So now when adjusting my trigger I can tell exactly when the hall sensor is in range. I found an extra plug out of a Motorola radio that had been run over by a car. Another way would be to buy a female headphone jack and add the led, that way you can just plug it in to the existing Emag intelifeed link.

Enjoy...Later Hills

Pictures are worth a 1000 words

tjussery
02-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Nice job! Thanks for the info! ;)

Johnny Bravo
02-22-2002, 09:07 AM
Nice sig. :D

animal
02-26-2002, 01:25 PM
On mine if you turn the mechanical safety on it will keep clicking indefinately because the solenoid can't bottom out. Granted it's not nearly as cool as flashing lights, but it's the lazy man's approach :)

On that same note though, wouldn't it be just "neato" to wire the whole emag body with a bunch of motion led's that went off every trigger pull? Just think of the newbie intimidation factor on that one. :D

gimp
02-26-2002, 11:06 PM
I think the IR3s that are cut and carved light up when you fire them. I dont know if it's just a rumor though

animal
02-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Yeah, but that's an angel, which makes it evil ;) Evil things naturally light up on their own.

Hasty8
03-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by animal
On mine if you turn the mechanical safety on it will keep clicking indefinately because the solenoid can't bottom out. Granted it's not nearly as cool as flashing lights, but it's the lazy man's approach :)

On that same note though, wouldn't it be just "neato" to wire the whole emag body with a bunch of motion led's that went off every trigger pull? Just think of the newbie intimidation factor on that one. :D

My 15 year old brother wants me to hook up a loudspeaker to my Emag that would say thing like:

"Emag arm and cocked. All within the vacinity should prepare to get painted!" in a loud ED209 voice [see the movie ROBOCOP for more information].

nutz
03-07-2002, 09:13 PM
ok thanks for that info but how do u adjust the trigger?

z_mann_z
03-08-2002, 09:14 PM
nt

halo13
03-11-2002, 10:25 AM
All you had to do was plug that LED into your bord? You didn't have to do anything more? I like the idea of having something blink every time i pull the trigger. Can you give me specific instructions on how to do your LED "mod"? :cool:

halo13
03-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Oops, I have another question also. I am contantly looking for new ways to make my gun unique. I was wonderng how many little LED lights i can safelt attach to the mag. I was thinking that i could put the lights in interesting locations arround the mag. So every time I pull the trigger, my mag lights up. :cool:

ah137
04-12-2002, 12:27 PM
This tip is to keep your hall effect sensor in correct alinement.

Fisrt remove the hall effect sensor, make sure it has a nice 90deg bend to it or a touch more. Put the sensor back in.

Next, jam a SMALL peice of foam behind the hall effect sensor, this keeps the sensor and sensor holder from moving.

put it back together and adjust your trigger.

your done

BlackVCG
05-19-2002, 08:41 PM
What are the specs on your LED?

tmill
05-22-2002, 09:28 PM
i registered jost so i could say this:

heres my story that inclused advice: i had screwed the screw in the trigger that adjusts its swinging distance really far so that the the distance that the bottom of the swinging part moved was about 1/2 the width of a fingernail (thats pretty darn small), so when i tested it it never fired, i went back and fiddled with it for about 1/2 and hour till i realized what was the problem: the hall effect sensor was not being activated by the magnet in the trigger! so what you hafta to do is make the trigger swing as far as you want, tyhen go back and mess with the magnet in the screw till its is far back enough to activate the sensor. !Warning! if it is too close, it constantly activates the sensor and it wont shoot that way either, and you can tell because it also locks up the electronics: you can tell by pressing either of the two buttons and looking at the screen, seemingly random lites will lite up.

thats how i fixed my trigger, i want to know how agd says to do it in their manual that you are supposed to be able to download that has no link. Does anyone know where to find it?

ps. if you flip the selector switch so that its pointing to thr right in stead of left or down (approx 3 'o clock) its a pretty short trigger pull and works all the time (asuming something isnt broken) incase your having difficulty with your custom one

Strider
05-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Why did they remove that feature? AFter watching the video, I thought it would be nice to have the light flash. Handy for tuning the trigger...

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 11:50 PM
can't wait to get my E-mag, to bad I gotta wait another 2 months

spacemanspiff
06-01-2002, 09:59 AM
Okay I was able to finally found a plug to fit the warp interface. It was on a small fan that I found at a electronics store. I picked up a led too. I don't think its anything special just a regular led not sure. I can find out to be sure. But I was able to splice the led onto the leads from the plug. Man its unreal how short you can get the trigger. Hope this helps some of you guys.

XR4
06-08-2002, 04:11 PM
bored at work, been here since 7am (fake time)

why don't you all read the post before you reply. if you want to lace your gun with all kinds of flashing lights, buy an angel. They're for people like you.

If you want to know how to adjust your trigger, watch the video.

I've got an emag, and there's no high pressure for 200 miles.

blah
XR

RT_Luver
06-16-2002, 01:49 PM
thanks...i might use this once I get an e-mag

ah137
07-10-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
What are the specs on your LED?

not sure just grabed on out of the junk pile. sure anyone would work.

Hills

Seabass
11-01-2002, 06:47 PM
I'm just curious if anyone has that video tape that comes with the emag in a computer format such as MPEG or Real Media or something? I bought my emag used and I don't have a video and I really need to fix this trigger, its horrible. - Seabass