PDA

View Full Version : 15* Forward or Reverse?

Cokrkilr
02-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Ok, my LAST purchase for this mag (:D) I think is going to be a 15* foregrip extender from Luke... Whats the preffered? Ive seen the 15* forward and reverse, It came stock on some Cockers in reverse and those guys love it. Guys here have flipped their 15* backward, some have them forward...

What gives?

I have never used either one, so guide me to the light so to speak.... I personally like the look of reverse, but I'd rather be able to hold the thing comfortably than go off looks alone.

Thanks!

PS, Im still fairly old school, I run a decent size drop, I like the gun back putting scratches in my lenses... and Ill sprint for the 50 and crawl around to get up in the action (if my body allows it ;)) I just want this for a little extra room from the trigger frame now that I went to a double.

cougar20th
02-22-2013, 08:12 AM
For me 15* forward is perfect

On my pumpmag it allows me to rest the gun in the palm of the had that does the pumping.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_5143_1024x768_.JPG

I cant stand 15* back setups that Ive tryed on other guns. Ive tryed them and found the uncomfortable for me.
It all comes down to your preference I guess.

GEE TEE
02-22-2013, 09:18 AM
I prefer vertical or reverse ASA layout on my cockers, and usually run vertical foregrips on mags

A lot depends on what trigger frame you run as not all allow space to reverse the ASA/grip/regulator

OPBN
02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Definitely a matter of taste. I like my Mags tight and straight. No extenders or angled foregrips for me.

Cokrkilr
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I just wanted to get it moved a little bit to have a grip back, the grooves of my grip are less than a credit card away from the trigger guard, and the trigger guard takes away about 1/3 of my grip...

Still seems like its pretty mixed? Guess ill just flip a coin... haha

keiko_819
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I tend to lean towards smaller rails with 15* out...you could get a rt length rail and you could do either way?