PDA

View Full Version : G7 vert frame for pneumag?

Spiritchaser
03-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I might be in a position to get a good condition vert frame for an angel G7 for not a lot. Obviously there's going to be a lot of work to do before this could work on a mag, but has anyone actually tried such a thing? Is the fastener pitch right? how about fitting pneumatics/lpr in? any comments?

Low prices and pretty nice ergos might be a good motivator to make me do more futzing to get it going, but I'd love to hear that it'd been done before...

Any and all suggestions appreciated...

sQuidvision
03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
not sure about the G7 specifically, but if its the same shape as other Angel vert frames then you may want to do a search for Renie, i know i have seen him crank out 3-4 angel vert pneumag frames that turned out looking really great.

Spiritchaser
03-06-2013, 07:37 PM
ok, will do, thanks. I "think" it's the same shape... better check that too...

need4reebs
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
check it out dood:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?262906-First-mag-build

yeah it can be done pretty easy!

Spiritchaser
03-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the info and the leads.

I also found this:

http://s16.beta.photobucket.com/user/renie666/media/2012-06-15200150.jpg.html

If I had a magic wand/way more hands on experience than I have, I'd personally aim for a glossier finish, and that I'd curve the front face of the foregrip and make it a shade shorter, but in a general sense, that picture basically defines what I want to do.

In my little magical kingdom I'd start with an M90, but those are pretty scarce/expensive. I think I'll maybe take a stab with that angel frame. It's probably affordable enough that if I butcher it I can probably manage to think of it as a learning experience.

Spiritchaser
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Ok, looks like this could be worth a shot. Still sorting out the trigger ( included or not) but if so ill take the chance...

I do have one big technical concern though:

Any suggestions on how to do a safety?

I'm sure this comes up with more generic pneumag setups too

With two or three mm of travel (which might be in an odd part of the trigger stroke) can a standard mag safety work?

Any anecdotes/ suggestions appreciated

need4reebs
03-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Ok, looks like this could be worth a shot. Still sorting out the trigger ( included or not) but if so ill take the chance...

I do have one big technical concern though:

Any suggestions on how to do a safety?

I'm sure this comes up with more generic pneumag setups too

With two or three mm of travel (which might be in an odd part of the trigger stroke) can a standard mag safety work?

Any anecdotes/ suggestions appreciated

use a on/off ASA and a barrel plug/cover if it doesnt have a a safety already on the frame? thats what i do for the Airwalk V1, Stormwalk, and G-force frames. the other frames ive used have a working safety w/ no issues.

RT Lover
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
u could drop a PMR board in it... its what i did with my dark.

use a on/off ASA and a barrel plug/cover if it doesnt have a a safety already on the frame? thats what i do for the Airwalk V1, Stormwalk, and G-force frames. the other frames ive used have a working safety w/ no issues.