PDA

View Full Version : Angel Owners Group Post at PBNation ( I couldn't resist)

AGD
02-19-2002, 10:53 PM
Automag Owners Group,

I could not resist bringing this post over from PBN in the WDP forum. It seems they are having a little membership activity issue.

So, for all the times I have to hear "If Mags are so popular why don't I see them in tourneys?" now I can ask "If Angels are so popular why don't they have more posts?"

Anyone seen a post problem here lately? (looks around)
AAAALLLLRIGHTY then!!!! (church lady voice)

From all of 4000 members surrounding,

AGD!!!

Post from PBN:

The Future of the AOG

Greetings! To many of you that visit PBC or chat with me online you may know who I am. I'm hear to help inform the WDP community about the AOG.

Sure you're well aware of it, it's purpose, it's owner or what have you. However if you have not visited the site recently I encourage you to do so in the next few days.

I have been brought onto the team as webmaster and administrator of AOG as well as co-owner. Accord has done an excellent job of keeping AOG alive but someoned needs to rekindle the fire.

Please continue to visit the AOG for more information, news and updates regarding the changes involved and WDP information.

Enjoy!

ProjectMag
02-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Go to the AOG site and look at the weekly poll on the right. :)

http://www.angelownersgroup.com/

udtseal
02-20-2002, 08:06 AM
hahah! we own them! :)

joeyjoe367
02-20-2002, 09:54 AM
for us "1337 h4x0rz", that's "pwn" them UDT :D

Bonx0007
02-20-2002, 10:02 AM
So Tom you are a co - owner then?

ProjectMag
02-20-2002, 10:57 AM
That post is from a guy with the screen name Arch. Tom just copied the post from PBN.

Cliffio
02-20-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
So Tom you are a co - owner then?

no he took that post from pbc, its arch angel that is saying it, and your right AOG is dying, because of many reasons, well first and formost because the person that owns the site is quiting paintball and is not keeping his site updated, so that same information has been on aog for the last few months

also u couldnt join AOG if u wanted to, because u had to send him all your info and he would make u a member, its not the same kind of board we have here ao AO, because i sent my information in a bout 5 times and no reply, this was obviously because he was not updating his site.

SO.... its not because angel owners group lacks members its because their website lacks updated info, this may chance now that there are new people

I also believe that for one reason or another AO may have more members, which is true, but i believe that the quality of posts here has decreased, i still post here more often than i do on PBC but AO is not the same as it was the first few months when i joined, maybe its me:D

but thats just my 2cents

Cliff

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-20-2002, 11:04 AM
wouldn't the popularity of a gun go by how many sales it gets, not by how much it's owners go online and tell about it? just seems kinda dumb to me. angels are by far the most seen tourney guns. just because they don't come online, just means that they have better things to do, not that they're not out there. plus i don't think they can talk with their guns creators like we do. so they don't come online for the advantages we have.

Cliffio
02-20-2002, 11:07 AM
AOG is a little different that AO, first of all its not ran by WDP

they never had boards like AO does, it wasnt that kind of website, it was more of information on new things to come and updates in the sport, it was more of an informational website where AO is forums along with info

i really dont think its fair to compare the two websites, well obviously AO has big TK crusin' em every so often and no rep or president of WDP will be on AOG, i dont believe, but i dunno who that person is so maybe he is, im not saying that either is better, im only saying that the two are different

later

Cliff

FooTemps
02-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
for us "1337 h4x0rz", that's "pwn" them UDT :D

Don't you mean "0\/\/|\|"? I speak hardcore |_337

Arch Angel
02-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Well I am that member that posted that information.

I'm Arch Angel from Paintballcity.com, Arch from PbNation.com! A few things that TK stated which are a bit inaccurate.

1. Accord, the owner of AOG was losing interest in the site as well as the sport of paintball. That is why the site lacked because his interest lacked.

2. I have decided to take over as webmaster and adminstrator as a "one man show" for the team being until I can build up a staff to assist me with the site.

3. AOG was not designed to rival AO, in fact I love this place, it's clearly the best Owner's Group and I was looking to increase the popularity, functionality and design of AOG.

I am interested in helping the community of Angel Owner's around the world. I'm looking to rebuild what that site once had and make it popular and informative for all those that are interested. WDP does not support or assist in the AOG at all (corporate sponsorship pending), everything you see is done without help and the fees eaten by Accord and myself.

We're not a forum so thus we can't have any posts (DUH!) We're a website based on information and resources, not a powerful place like yourself.

TK: At least read what we're about before assuming what we're about. K? ;)

shartley
02-20-2002, 06:58 PM
I am VERY glad some folks realize that more posts does not mean more sales, or that the product is more popular, or doing better…. They have nothing to do with each other, and are an indication of nothing relevant (taken in the manner Tom posted it). Sorry Tom.

AO hype very seldom translates well in the real world.. unfortunately (but wish it did).

AO is a great place… can’t we just leave it at that? Do we really need to fabricate irrelevant comparisons to try to boost our egos, or make others “look bad”? I truly believe making yourself look good by making yourself look good is better than trying to make yourself look good by attempting to make someone else look bad.

Want to compare Forums? Fine.. AO wins (even though as it was already stated, they are not the same TYPE of forums). Want to compare actual marker sales and use? Do we really want to honestly go down that road?

Tom… please…

DarkRipper
02-20-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey Arch! Good to see ya.

DR

Arch Angel
02-20-2002, 07:04 PM
Shartley:

Thanks a lot of the post. As mentioned before, I'm not out to go after AO.

Maybe if AOG ever gets forums, then TK you can make threads like this.

:D

Cliffio
02-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Arch Angel
Well I am that member that posted that information.

I'm Arch Angel from Paintballcity.com, Arch from PbNation.com! A few things that TK stated which are a bit inaccurate.

1. Accord, the owner of AOG was losing interest in the site as well as the sport of paintball. That is why the site lacked because his interest lacked.

2. I have decided to take over as webmaster and adminstrator as a "one man show" for the team being until I can build up a staff to assist me with the site.

3. AOG was not designed to rival AO, in fact I love this place, it's clearly the best Owner's Group and I was looking to increase the popularity, functionality and design of AOG.

We're not a forum so thus we can't have any posts We're a website based on information and resources

man i should be webmaster i said all that stuff already:)
hehe, anyways good to see u on AO arch

p.s.-how will membership be ran? like i posted before i have tried to register many time, but i never get a confirmation email or anything

thanks
Cliff

shartley
02-20-2002, 07:34 PM
Arch Angel
No problem. I actually wrote that and by the time I posted it, you had already posted.

I try to post things as I see them. And I simply do not see what good a post like that can do… and the backlash could actually be worse than any perceived “help”. How about if people went to the other Paintball Forums and posted that Tom Kaye was making up stuff about other sites and forums to make his forum and markers look better… or that it was not accurate information, or misleading at best?

Heck… AO has already been warned about going to other Forums and starting problems (just a few over zealous members… live and learn)….

Also folks need to keep in mind that people could very well say the same things about the AO “Static” portion (not the forums which are dynamic and grow because we members POST), and the AGD Main Site…. How many times have we seen people (yes AO MEMBERS) complain that the information has not been updated? How many times have we seen people complain about the looks and function (AGD Main)? And how many people does AO and AGD have to draw upon to help with this stuff? How many does AOG have? See my point?

A bit more care should be taken before tossing around stones. And even more so when the whole world can see you do it…. as well as see who it is doing the tossing… the owner of the company. Not a good PR move IMHO.

than205
02-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Arch,
Welcome to the forum. (though I take it you've been here a while) I wish you the best of luck in everything. Information is good what ever form.

Shartley,
Great points. Very concise. Harsh perhaps...
Here is why I think so.
1. I believe Tom has a few Angels, which I have read (his postings) he enjoys playing (games, not just tinkering) with.
2. Tom will be the first person to tell anyone to play paintball with whatever you like. (again what we/I have read)
3. I was confused by Tom's original post and read it repeatedly. (I came away with the impression that Tom actually was Arch. I'm not claiming I'm all that bright sometimes.)
Like I said I read it repeatedly. I did not come away with the impression that Tom was bashing anyone. I did feel that Tom was comparing the users of either product.

As you know the people here are/seem fanatical about Airgun.
The underdog always has that advantage. (at least for me) Above and beyond that this is a great place for information about any marker. And I will continue to help with my little pea brain where I can.

PS - Honestly, if there are people here that are starting crap on other forums/web pages. Get a life! It sucks when people do that here!

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-20-2002, 08:09 PM
why dont we get a poll those things are so nifty!

Rock Star
02-20-2002, 08:14 PM
AMEN!

AGD
02-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Arch Angel,

Thanks for coming here and straightening me out. I assumed you had a forum that was connected to PBC and you were promoting the idea of expanding it. I will delete this thread once you respond so I know we are on good terms.

I wish you good luck in expanding AOG and I am sure you will take it in new directions. We don't diss other guns here but I think this post was taken as such. If anyone took this wrong I appologize.

Tom Kaye

Bonx0007
02-20-2002, 11:38 PM
Well put RogueFactor!

Arch Angel
02-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Thanks for coming here and straightening me out. I assumed you had a forum that was connected to PBC and you were promoting the idea of expanding it. I will delete this thread once you respond so I know we are on good terms.

TK, thanks for your 'support.' At the present time AOG does not have a forum on our server or linked somewhere else. The previous webmaster had attempted to link an existing forum but nothing was ever achieved.

As I had mentioned, I love the AO layout... I hope someday AOG can be just as exciting.

Accord
03-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by udtseal
hahah! we own them! :)

You do, literally.

LOL!

Dubstar112
03-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

I also believe that for one reason or another AO may have more members, which is true, but i believe that the quality of posts here has decreased, i still post here more often than i do on PBC but AO is not the same as it was the first few months when i joined, maybe its me:D

but thats just my 2cents

Cliff \

I agree, but thats inherited, and most members here are only here for a breif period of time. My guess is that there is not 4000 active members, but more like 800-900 that stop by every so often, and then there is people that are always active about 100 or so.