PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about nitro

Yudanja
02-20-2002, 09:21 AM
Been away from pball for about 2 years, and am now being pulled back into it. I live in texas and an automag without compressed air is baaaaaaad. Was thinking about the Crossfire 68ci 3000psi Fixed Nitrogen System Steel Tank(cut and pasted from an online store..paintballgear.com has them for 129). What are your thoughts on this particular tank and do you have any other sugesstions that are around 100-150 dollar range? Keep in mind I am merely a rec player, maybe twice a month but would like to upgrade to nitro. Thanks in advance.

Chris

virus
02-20-2002, 09:56 AM
that tank should work fine... also the prue energy ones should be fine also

Thordic
02-20-2002, 10:53 AM
The new crossfire tanks are supposedly excellent. I had an old one, it worked fine except for a fill nipple leak, which was easily fixed.

The newer ones supposedly have excellent recharge rates, and good consistency.

The PMI ones are good too, but I don't have any personal experience with them, really. Only used one once, it seemed pretty good.

Army
02-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Welll shoo boyy, y'all down thare in Tayxes don' neeed nitro, heck, good 'ol see-O-toooo will work jes' fine!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Nitro is the best first upgrade for 'Mags, but they can be set up to run fine on Co2. I use it most often until I run out of juice, then I switch to nitro.

If you can get the Crossfire for $129, get it, it's usually more than that. The comparable Pure Energy 68 "stubby" is also $129 normally.

...and Welcome to AO!:cool:

splat11756
02-20-2002, 11:18 AM
i have a crossfire 68 3000 stubby steel tank, a lil haevier but its great, i like the shorter tank compared to the fiber wrapped ones

Yudanja
02-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Cool! I am going to grab that unit! We's folks here's in Tejas love us some nitro! cheap mind ya! hehe

Thanks for replying guys, I am just getting back into paintball, and am glued to this forum....can't get enough of automag forums!

thanks
Chris

cphilip
02-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Had one...liked it.