PDA

View Full Version : ZE-mag

thlibo
02-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Well, I am addicted to this sport and have well over 1G into my gear and gun. The only thing that is holding me back from getting an E-mag, is my sick infatuation with the Z-grips. When I picked up the Z-grips for the first time I knew that I would never go back, but when I picked up the E-mag I also knew that I could NOT stay away.

To all of you E-mag owners who like doing mods, is it possible to modify the Z-grips and add the solenoid, and magnets and mag a ZE-mag? I have not dug into the E-mag much, so I don't know, but if it were do-able, then I would be laying down a big check on an E-mag. I am willing to chop of expensive equipment, but I need to know if it would be feasable before I buy me an E-mag.

Tom if you read this, what would it cost for a custom job Z-grip on an E-mag?

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-20-2002, 10:46 AM
1g? thats it? hahaha, anyways. i'm sure it can be done. if you can put emails into a gun, you can make an ez-mag. i think it would take a bit of enginuity and milling and such. i'm pretty sure manike is working on one and there was one other person. try doint a search and finding outt who's looking into this. they're around.

Tim Jacobitz
02-20-2002, 10:48 AM
I am in the same boat I love e-mags but will not give up my z-grip.

If they ever do make such a thing they should call it the EZ-MAG:D

bofh
02-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Or you can get in touch with Dingo, (in the Dealer thread) and see what he's cooking up with a custom Z-grip and mako frame internals...

I'm sure it can be done. And I might even make one, once my morlock board shows up.

Shaun

FeelTheRT
02-20-2002, 02:24 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20570&highlight=ygrips

i believe is going to be called the "Y-Grips".

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-20-2002, 02:42 PM
bro, there's no such thing as a y grip. it was just an itelliframe put on an emag backwords. there is no new grip.

thlibo
02-20-2002, 02:59 PM
After looking at that pics I agree with TheBigRaguPB4L. That is just a grip frame on backwards. If AGD does make an EZmag, then I will be purchasing, but until then I guess I am stuck with my Z-microRT. Oh well.

MajorDamage
02-20-2002, 03:05 PM
I already asked Tom if he could do a Z-Emag and he said that they probably wont, and that they don't so custom work, and even if they did that I couldn't afford it lol :). Your best bet is to contact Punisher and see if he could do it, but the solenoid would have to be redesigned...:(

ENDO!

Xzion
02-20-2002, 05:01 PM
From what I understand, it cant be done without some MAJOR redesigns as the solenoid pulls in the wrong direction to be installed in a Z-Grip frame.

FooTemps
02-20-2002, 06:21 PM
It would be possible but there would be some redesigning. I've been thinking about it for a bit and it made more sense to just move the solenoid and make it pure electro with z-grip. I'm guessing my idea would leave more room for the solenoid to be relocated.

Miscue
02-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
bro, there's no such thing as a y grip. it was just an itelliframe put on an emag backwords. there is no new grip.

Y Grip is in the works. It doesn't exist... yet. They might not be made at all though... depends on response from Z-Grips on sale and what AGD feels like doing.