PDA

View Full Version : zmag backspin

splat11756
02-20-2002, 11:16 AM
is it worth getting a zmag body since it give a backspin on the ball like a flatline barrel would?

Tim Jacobitz
02-20-2002, 12:14 PM
No i searched for a long time to find one. When I got it I found you have to have a very large bore barrel (usialy like .670). The problem is that the body does not put a back spin on every ball you shoot. It is impossible to tell which ball will have the back spin and which one wont. With out the back spin the large bore barrel insures you will have no accuarcy. And if you break paint forget about it you will not hit any thing untill you clean the gun.

In my opinion you are better off getting a tight bore barrel and saving the money the z-body will cost you

AdrenalineMag
02-20-2002, 08:58 PM
first off .670 is insanely small, i think you mean like 697 cause that is about the reccomended bore size for the body. do you actually have one? i have been looking into buying one also, mainly because it looks cool. by the way it is nothing like the flatline, the flatline uses barrel curve to give better distance (i think flatline is a big hoax) and with the flatline you cant just turn off the backspin. where as the zbody uses a rubber pad to spin the balls, and you can unscrew the adjustment knob on top to the point it doesnt do anything anymore

Load SM5
02-20-2002, 09:49 PM
I've used one exactly one time and I gotta admit the thing actually worked. It shot a nice flat shot but I have to wonder how hard it would have hit when it made it out there. Another thing to consider is that when you chrony a z-body you have to do it with the nubbin all the way out. So as you screw the nubbin in to dial your backspin you will actually lose some velocity. The reason you have to do this is if you chrono it with the backspin on and then unscrew it out on the field you will be shooting hot.
Another thing you need is a good large bore barrel, as other's mentioned, and good round paint. Warped paint and forget about accuracy.

Tim Jacobitz
02-21-2002, 09:08 AM
accualy I ment .70. I don't know why I wrote .67. Thanks for correcting me. The nubin is nylon. The body is not all bad. when it works its cool, but its in concintince is enough of a draw back to make the body not worth the money. It is expensive but some people (like me) have to find out for their self. I sold my body a few months ago.sorry. If you really want one search E-bay. I seen a couple on there the other day. Search z-body minimag. I know its not a minimag if its a z-body mag but thats what I saw it under. They also have a few auto response triggers on there.they are harder to find but if get one you can make you trigger pull shorter than you would belive possible on a mag.