PDA

View Full Version : How can I check an emag board is working if I don't have batteries?

halB
03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I have the charger though! Never used an emag though, so explain it real slow.

Cokrkilr
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
OK, first, grab a fresh 9v battery and stick it on your tongue. Then order an emag battery ;)

cougar20th
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Shameless self promotion: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?263970-Replacement-Emag-Xmag-SFL-Batteries

OR I could sell the used working AGD battery that is in my Xmag for 60 shipped.

Tuna may also have some so checking with him wouldnt be a bad thing either.

halB
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't have access to those. I need to know how to check the board with just the charger, if that's possible.

Cokrkilr
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
From everything I've read, you need the actual battery. Using the charger most likely wont work because its just meant to trickle charge a pack, not supply power to the board. You could fry it if you try so I would recommend against it.

You could find out the voltage the actual battery puts out to the board and find a battery with the same voltage and try some alligator clips? But this is all do at your own risk.

cougar20th
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
where are you located. Maybe theres a member with a battery that could meet you to allow you to try powering up the gun.

Or is this just a board without a gun?

athomas
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Try it with two 9v batteries in series. They will power the board and allow you to trip the solenoid, just not consistently with enough power to operate a valve that has a full charge of air. At least you will be able to test your board.