PDA

View Full Version : Booh-Yaah E-Frame...

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Found this on Ebay, are they really that expensive?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261191963542&item=261191963542&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

BTAutoMag
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
dunno, never seen one that complete:rolleyes:

thats on/off is a RARE item

steve_81
04-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I've been bidding on it. (stopped at $225) I wanted it but it went just above my max bid. It's nice but too rich for my blood at its current bid price. Lol

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
With all the original stuff, yes.

I have two of those on offs :)

I've seen them in the $150 range for the frame only. Usually they are missing any type of charger and the trigger guard around that price. Almost all I've seen recently did not come with the on off assembly either.

I bet it sees over $250. I've been watching it as well since the day it was posted but it went WELL above my max. Crazy it started out at $25, lol

skipdogg
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Didnt know these were so popular all of a sudden. I have a couple of them, and they are fantastic. I dont have chargers for them. Do have on/offs. For those prices I may part with one. If anyone is interested????? :ninja:

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
This is why out of all the stuff people have proposed to do to classic mags I say someone bring back an electro frame. Nothing fancy since ramping and full auto is banned anywhere except your back yard. And I ran a hyper for a couple years in tourneys and regular play with no shootdown or ill effects, my buddy with an Angel back in the day actually liked my mag with the hyperframe over his brand new $1200 Angel.

If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up....

Just sayin

kevdupuis
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Funny about the price since I don't think I paid that much for mine when it was new, still have all of it though it needs a new board.

steve_81
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol

knownothingmags
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
maybe i should buy it?:rolleyes:

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol

LOL, Id be down as well. They are all disappearing or dead now days. And even the Spyder frames for a Spydermag are getting harder and harder to find.

I still to this day kick myself in the @ss for tossing my hyper after the board fried... But back in the day when it went out the board cost 3/4 of what I paid for it originally. I was out at a tourney and had to swap the battery... forgot to do the discharge on the capacitor (touching the +/- together) and just slapped the new battery in it, toasted on the spot.

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb

Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden? :cry:

Frizzle Fry
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm blown away that people are paying so much for BooYah frames - the QC made it such that finding one that worked and would continue to work was totally hit or miss, and the design is chunkier that an early Eblade. I've owned a few, but I never paid more than $100 and even as a board certified mag whisperer I had trouble making them function consistently. I never thought there'd be a world in which you could buy a mag with a Hyperframe installed for <$200 and a standalone BooYah knockoff is $250 or more LOL

If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up.

E90 and Magnus.

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 02:13 PM
E90 and Magnus.

Arent those right around $400?

dodge3500
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I would be in on new e grip frame as well.:-) :-) I've been thinking about doing one,spyder or ego mag but if someone builds one I'll be onboard. :-) :-)

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Found it, was under the passenger seat...
A new battery and...yep it works.:dance:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/swe_crazy/Paintball/some%20of%20my%20markers/DSCN0298_zps20074ee0.jpg

Frizzle Fry
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Arent those right around $400?

My point is that's what happens when you set these guys on a low production run of a fancy and unique setup (i.e. 90* frame, scratch built, special grips, etc) and it ends up at $400. I'm guessing they could scratch build a very plain 45* frame (like the old Zenitram Bushmaster frames) for cheaper, like $200-$250 and make it in such numbers that it could be sold through actual retailers. Modifying existing frames can be more difficult.

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden? :cry:

No, all of them are in the house...well almost all:rolleyes:

dodge3500
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Found it, was under the passenger seat...
A new battery and...yep it works.:dance:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/swe_crazy/Paintball/some%20of%20my%20markers/DSCN0298_zps20074ee0.jpg
Lol if my daughter hadn't turned 18 today I would make you an offer but seeing as she's trying to drain my bank account I better not atm:-) :-)

Frizzle Fry
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
...if my daughter hadn't turned 18 today

Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
My point is that's what happens when you set these guys on a low production run of a fancy and unique setup (i.e. 90* frame, scratch built, special grips, etc) and it ends up at $400. I'm guessing they could scratch build a very plain 45* frame (like the old Zenitram Bushmaster frames) for cheaper, like $200-$250 and make it in such numbers that it could be sold through actual retailers. Modifying existing frames can be more difficult.

My point goes this way... if its only a mod to an existing frame, its not something that will sit on a shelf, its a computer file on a zip drive... you mill 5 of them, or 50, its parts coming in stock, and out modified. The ule milling is set up already for most frames, make a pocket for the clapper, a recess in the front strap for a trigger switch and its pretty much there...

Thats all I was trying to get at :)

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Lacks the on/off. What is the difference compared to the standard one?
Is it possible to have a standard on/off to work?

skipdogg
04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
"Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN "

well, since you had to say something...

Pics or shens!!!

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Lacks the on/off. What is the difference compared to the standard one?
Is it possible to have a standard on/off to work?

The on off that came with these actually uses an emag/rt/x valve on off pin... the difference is the housing is made like the classic on off... ill take pics, be back in 5

Cokrkilr
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
heres the on offs,

Left is classic, middle 2 are hyperframe/booh-yaah, right is RTP style

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cokrkilr/IMG_20130401_140857_zpsb121c78a.jpg

swe_crazy
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM

dodge3500
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN

Yeah no doubt,better class of folks here.:-)

steve_81
04-02-2013, 04:27 AM
Sooo...let's find some folks that can design and create a new Automag electronic frame for us. I'll throw a sizable chunk of start up capital in if we get serious interest.

Spiritchaser
04-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Sooo...let's find some folks that can design and create a new Automag electronic frame for us. I'll throw a sizable chunk of start up capital in if we get serious interest.

I would definitely be Interested in a new run electro frame

The only thing is that I'd be a little picky about the ergos

With my short fat fingered mole hands, not everything is a great fit, and I'm finding out the hard way that I need a fairly roomy trigger guard. (Always had one before so i never appreciated the potential shortfall but the new airwalk is a bit on the small side.)

That said, if it does fit the ergonomic bill or even come close, I'm now in the unexpectedly happy position of bein able to afford something really nice

So yeah tentative sale right here

Cokrkilr
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM
I would definitely be Interested in a new run electro frame

The only thing is that I'd be a little picky about the ergos

With my short fat fingered mole hands, not everything is a great fit, and I'm finding out the hard way that I need a fairly roomy trigger guard. (Always had one before so i never appreciated the potential shortfall but the new airwalk is a bit on the small side.)

That said, if it does fit the ergonomic bill or even come close, I'm now in the unexpectedly happy position of bein able to afford something really nice

So yeah tentative sale right here

The bigger problem you run into in regards to a roomier frame, is the layout of the gun. It is very possible to use or make a larger area with the trigger guard, but you would have to run an rt length rail. The setup on an am/mm rail has the foregrip basically touching any frame made for a mag.

You could do something like the egomag, but then the cost goes through the roof in designing and making a whole new frame

Spiritchaser
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Multiple frames would potentially drive up cost a lot. Still might be viable

Edit: That said I expect I'll find myself looking into modding an existing frame from somewhere else. I had a quick look at that UTB thing... Might try that road

halB
04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
I just wanted to add that I got a booyah for my spyder back in the day, returned in after one day of playing with ti. That thing was a piece of garbage.

Frizzle Fry
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I just wanted to add that I got a booyah for my spyder back in the day, returned in after one day of playing with ti. That thing was a piece of garbage.

Francois Louvett. 'nuff said.

halB
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
If this is going for 250, what would a set of emag lowers and rail (w/o ba

Cokrkilr
04-04-2013, 06:26 AM
If this is going for 250, what would a set of emag lowers and rail (w/o ba

Somewhere in the same ballpark if everything else works and just needs a battery. Maybe a little lower?

RT Lover
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Somewhere in the same ballpark if everything else works and just needs a battery. Maybe a little lower?

I have a boo yaah on my piranha pro, i ordered it when they first came out.... it took forever to come in! My shop convinced me that i needed a super semi and i traded my pro and 300 for his Rt. It finally came in and he played with it with all the other big markers... it rips. I got it back and still use it now. I just had a member work on it and fix the buttons for me...no charge!:D

Cokrkilr
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I have a boo yaah on my piranha pro, i ordered it when they first came out.... it took forever to come in! My shop convinced me that i needed a super semi and i traded my pro and 300 for his Rt. It finally came in and he played with it with all the other big markers... it rips. I got it back and still use it now. I just had a member work on it and fix the buttons for me...no charge!:D

Are you talking about emag lowers or a booh yaah? I was answering Hals question above :)

But I agree with you, I loved my hyperframe back in the day. I saved up almost 3 months of allowance to get that sucker (I was only 15 at the time). It worked flawless for 2 years and my own carelessness fried it and i threw it away :(

RT Lover
04-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Are you talking about emag lowers or a booh yaah? I was answering Hals question above :)

But I agree with you, I loved my hyperframe back in the day. I saved up almost 3 months of allowance to get that sucker (I was only 15 at the time). It worked flawless for 2 years and my own carelessness fried it and i threw it away :(

boo yaah

93klauss
04-08-2013, 12:14 PM

I am currently running a hyper.. With 20 bps board... How did you fry it.. and What major things should try to avoid?

Cokrkilr
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I am currently running a hyper.. With 20 bps board... How did you fry it.. and What major things should try to avoid?

In the original instructions it said when you did a fresh battery change you have to discharge the remaining power that is stored in the (capacitor/resistor???) And you do this by touching the +/- together (I always used an Allen wrench from my tool box). I had one of the early early frames so I do not know if they changed things over time with this procedure?

But on my particular one I remember taking the battery out with the frame on, swapping it without doing that discharge and everything went blank, never turned back on again