PDA

View Full Version : 3000psi Ninja Reg Question

TimmyJay
04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
If you put a 3000psi output reg on a larger bottle 112ci, could you use that as a fill station for smaller bottles? What would you need between the 2 regs, just a quick disconnect with a slide check?

Justus
04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes and yes. That, or instead of a slide check you can use an on/off venting ASA. You won't get fills up to 3k though, not even on your first fill. And you won't get many fills at all.

uv_halo
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Is the tank you're talking about a 4500PSI or 3000PSI rated tank?

If it's a 3K PSI tank, forget about it.

If it's a 4500, get the ninja 3K PSI output reg and, their PCP 13ci fill station (http://www.rockstartactical.com/Ninja_Paintball_PCP_13ci_Fill_Station_p/nin-pcp-fill.htm) and you'll have the best portable fill station for 13ci tanks on the market. Even a 90ci 4500 Tank is good for filling nearly three 13ci tanks.

GoatBoy
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I asked the same question 3 years ago, and a certain number of people poo-poo'd the idea. Lot of poo-poo going around these parts.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?250643

It's interesting that Ninja's straight up making the kits now; I'll assume the fill station parts really are 3k rated.

Personally, I think it's easier to just tap the high pressure side (think gauge) of a tank regulator and use a proper high pressure rated fill whip. The trick is the on/off/bleed.

Apparently the Centerflag regs have a high-side on/off/bleed built in; I picked one up for this purpose but never got around to actually trying it out.

I don't think you need to get a full fill off of it to be useful; sometimes it's just helpful to be able to top off a tank if the remote fill station is being a little gimpy. Say you're playing with a 13ci tank and the back fill station is only filling to 1500 or so.

blackdeath1k
04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
As stated above. All depends on the size of the tank you want to fill. Because a 110ci tank won't even begin to fill a 68ci tank. But a nice scuba tank works great. You are basically using a storage tank to fill a storage tank. So you need a large line side tank to get any fills on the load side.

uv_halo
04-30-2013, 06:34 PM
If you tap the HP-side of a reg, you're going to output whatever the pressure of the tank is and each fill will be lower and lower. If your source tank is a 4500, then don't even think of filling 13 or even a 22ci tank since those peak out at 3K and you're likely to blow their burst discs.

Justus
04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
As stated above. All depends on the size of the tank you want to fill. Because a 110ci tank won't even begin to fill a 68ci tank. But a nice scuba tank works great. You are basically using a storage tank to fill a storage tank. So you need a large line side tank to get any fills on the load side.

Bingo. I've also done this, so I'm not poo pooing any ideas, I'm just speaking from experience. What I didn't expect is that you'd simply be wanting to fill a 13/3000 off a 112/4500. When I've seen this question come up in the past it was in the context of taking some air off a buddy's tank via a remote line with slide check while in a game, so that's immediately what I thought. A 13/3000 might get a decent fill off a 112/4500. It would be kind of like filling a 68ci tank off a Scuba, only smaller scale on both ends.

Justus
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
If you tap the HP-side of a reg, you're going to output whatever the pressure of the tank is and each fill will be lower and lower. If your source tank is a 4500, then don't even think of filling 13 or even a 22ci tank since those peak out at 3K and you're likely to blow their burst discs.

I think the OP was talking about getting a Ninja 3000 psi output tank regulator. I assume that would have to be ordered custom from Ninja though?

uv_halo
04-30-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't know if I like the way the reply function is working in the new board software. In Linear mode, it makes it look like I replied to blackdeath, when in fact, I replied to Goatboy.

I think the OP was talking about getting a Ninja 3000 psi output tank regulator. I assume that would have to be ordered custom from Ninja though?

I agree (see post 3 if you didn't). You can get the gold anno'ed 3K output reg separately- it's available from Hustle.

TimmyJay
04-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I was looking to be cheap at LL6 by buying a 3k reg and using it as a fill tank for the group. Rather than $15 each. Added bonus would be a fill tank for other events.... Doesn't sound like it will be practical and I will just need to pay.

blackdeath1k
04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
My scuba tank cost me a little over 100 bux. Its a 3500psi steel tank. Works great. If your wanting something for fills. Or was this strictly to slide out of the 15 dollar air fee?

GoatBoy
04-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah.... no, you're not going to be saving any money in a scheme like this.

TimmyJay
05-01-2013, 06:16 AM
My scuba tank cost me a little over 100 bux. Its a 3500psi steel tank. Works great. If your wanting something for fills. Or was this strictly to slide out of the 15 dollar air fee?

Both future fills and save multiple $15 fees.

Laku
05-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Scuba tank is nice If you don't have fill station close by or go to "outlaw" fields that don't have filling options. Other than that I don't think it's really worth the hassle.

uv_halo
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Both future fills and save multiple $15 fees.

FYI- "Personal Fill Stations" are prohibited at Living Legends. I'm currently asking Viper if this applies to the Ninja kit.

EDIT: Confirmed- The Ninja PCP Fill Station (3K output reg, hose, on/off, gauge, etc) is not allowed at Living Legends.

blackdeath1k
05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
FYI- "Personal Fill Stations" are prohibited at Living Legends. I'm currently asking Viper if this applies to the Ninja kit.

I thought they were prohibited basically anywhere that had hpa air supply.