PDA

View Full Version : Reaming out cocker threads on a micro?

shorty24
05-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Several years back I was working on an ultralight micromag with plans to build it into a pneumag. Along the way, I discovered that the barrel threads were not quite standard cocker threads. Some older cocker barrels fit fine, most newer ones didn't. I got a barrel jammed in the threads, and kinda screwed them up. I recently rediscovered the body and am having an urge to complete this project, but I need the barrel threads reamed back out. Is it possible to do this? Is there anyone here on the forum that could do this for me? Any help would be much appreciated.

luke
05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Along the way, I discovered that the barrel threads were not quite standard cocker threads. Some older cocker barrels fit fine, most newer ones didn't.
Well that's the problem, as I understand it Autococker threads were never standardized, with that you will have variances from one machinist/machine shop to another.

BigEvil
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Solution flow chart v1.0

PM Xmagterror> ship gun> pay monies> XMT waves magic wand> Short24= :)

shorty24
05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Solution flow chart v1.0

PM Xmagterror> ship gun> pay monies> XMT waves magic wand> Short24= :)

Perfect, thank you!

Frizzle Fry
05-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Is it a genuine Micro? What sort of detente does it have? Also what generation (got a picture)?

going_home
05-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Is it a genuine Micro? What sort of detente does it have? Also what generation (got a picture)?

Be careful, you're going to get in trouble again buying stuff.

:rolleyes:

Frizzle Fry
05-09-2013, 09:32 PM
LOL you're always looking out for me GH!

I was thinking it might be one of Francois' clones, maybe one in ten of them is tapped perfectly. That, and I've had issues with SS Freak backs and SS glued All American backs with several of my Gen2 bodies which makes me think it was growing pains for PTP or that Smart Farts didn't tool properly for their SS barrels.

shorty24
05-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Not a genuine micro. It has an Impulse threaded ball style detent. If it was a genuine micro I would have felt bad cutting it up...

It was a clone, although I am not sure of the origin.