PDA

View Full Version : 1vs1 Novice Tournement...

slave
02-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi guys,

I am tossing around the idea of putting together a 1vs1 monthly/bimonthly tournement ladder in my area. The sole purpose is to provide novice and non-team member players with a chance to compete, get recognized, and win a new gun or some other nice prize.

Let's face it, not everyone has the money for an emag, but some rec people take the game as serious as pro people and sure would like a chance to show their worth. It seems to basically boil down to who has the most money...so why not give the small timers a chance at the big boy toys.

Basically the idea is to use standard tourny protocol...players submit a registration fee..ladder is started..random names are generated..and eliminations begin Last one standing wins the big prize, runners up get nice promotional items or smaller prizes. The style of play would most likely be hyperball, with time capped games, best 2 out of 3 or something to that effect.

My questions are...

1: How likely is sponsorships or donations from companies for promotional items or prize packs if it is not a national leage oriented event?

2: How would one go about doing something under a nationally recognized league for such a small event?

3: Is this idea even feasible? Would YOU pay $25? $35? $50 bucks at your chance to compete for a brand new eMag/Angel/Autococker/etc? Most of us spend at least $50 a day to play anyways...

4: What would you do to permit this to happen without some greedy field owner wanting some kind of ridiculous profit?

Kick around some ideas with me guys. I really want to get something started on my end and propose this to the local field owner.

Jonno06
02-20-2002, 09:24 PM
I like this idea because:

1)i live in florida
2)i love paintball
and 3)i could use emag!!!

what field,and what area of florida exactly

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 09:34 PM
what part of flordia u live in????

slave
02-20-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm in Boynton Beach. This would most likely take place at Mike's in West Palm Beach, unless it could be scheduled to work at the indoor place in Pompano (Florida Indoor or whatever).

I like the idea of trying to do it at Mikes because of the multiple fields...this won't interrupt normal business operations for the guy.

Hopefully it can turn into a monthly/bi monthly event if the turn out is good enough.

I'm thinking this would actually turn out to be worthwhile. I figure that with me promoting it, I can draw at least 50 people in, and if there is a reasonable registration fee, it will cover the cost of the prize(s) and everything else.

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 09:55 PM
OMS i live in jupiter like 40 min away and want to play at mikes, hey can u play in jupiter on march 9th????????

slave
02-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Don't know..depends. I've been playing at Florida Indoor (home of team Nemesis I might add, not that it matters) for the last few weekends, It's cheaper there then Mikes..but Mike has some variety..although I wish to God they would spend a little more money on a service desk..on a crowded day it's a paint in the *** to get tanks filled and what not.

Florida Indoor is..
$14 field fee includes air
$55 for a case of field paint
They are open till 10:00pm
I know some regulars..

So add those all up and it's more worthwhile for me to go there for normal play.

I didn't even know there was a field in Jupiter..how is it? How much? How many fields? Indoor/outdoor? Any hot lady paintballers who may be in the 20something age range? (hehehe)

Originally posted by SlipknotX556
OMS i live in jupiter like 40 min away and want to play at mikes, hey can u play in jupiter on march 9th????????

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 10:05 PM
well i got a suprise to tell u... if u come to my field its 8 buks total.... 5 field addmission and 3 for lunch and its BYOUP. Slave to u go to skool or u over 18?

slave
02-20-2002, 10:07 PM
23 going on 24 guy..

And for that price..I may definitely check it out..

Is there a website for it? Give me more info!!!

Originally posted by SlipknotX556
well i got a suprise to tell u... if u come to my field its 8 buks total.... 5 field addmission and 3 for lunch and its BYOUP. Slave to u go to skool or u over 18?

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 10:12 PM
www.righteouspaintball.com

Just so u kno Jonno06 is coming down to and so is my brother The Patriot.

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 10:20 PM
also its in the middle of no where so that means.... u piss in the woods, i suggest u bring chair to sit on, u have to listen to a bible talk for 10-15 min at lunch and their are all kids of every age.. but kids 12 and under have their own field and the teams are like 40vs40. if u have a AOL instant messanger give me an IM at slipknotx556.

Jonno06
02-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Righteous is pretty cool.3 fields,1 for 12 and under.The last game was like super-insano-super-hella-cool-arse game....it was literally 40vs 40,2 teams vs 2 teams....the victors....of course,orange and green......

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 10:42 PM
yhea u were followin my bro around the whole last game and u didnt kno it.... LOL

slave
02-20-2002, 10:45 PM
40 vs. 40 is awesome..I bet that was a lot of fun..heheh. Man now I have to finish my ghille suit!!

ThePatriot
02-21-2002, 12:52 AM
Where is florida national indoor? I think that is what you said it was. I like my field, but its only the 2nd saturday of every month(notice, its MY FIELD.) I haven't been able to go to mikes yet, i dont have the cashola...me need job :( . Also notice how i refer to it as my field, thats because i literally own it, i eliminate everyone in a manner of seconds...no im kidding, 5 bucks admission, 3 bucks for 2 slices of dominos and a bottle of brisk or mountain dew etc.... They dont fill HPA, but they are getting scuba tank donations...so they should be soon. You also have to decide if you want to come and play with little kids, compared to you we r little, im 16 in april, jonno is 15, and slipknot is i forgot like 12 or 13(brothers ages, can never remember em) But its great cuz its BYOP and plz excuse my brothers horrible typing errors, hes a little slow. The end game is always nuts tho, it was a HUGE game, last time i was there they had something like 150 people, the month before that(january) they had a record 178 ppl show up to play, u tell me thats not insane(for paintball standards.) Maybe one day we could meet up at that Florida national place(depending on where it is of course) and maybe Mikes(never been there.) This is of course assuming i get some money, a new place opened in Stewart also called Paintball Kingdom, i have yet to check it out tho...

slave
02-21-2002, 08:47 AM
Sounds cool. Not bad pricing at all, and I love the fact that there can be huge games. I think me and some friends may check it out on the 9th.

No HPA may be a problem...hrmmm.

Florida Indoor is Team Nemesis's field in Pompano Beach (outskirts of Ft. Lauderdale)

Mike's is very expensive...FPO and it's $80 a case...$5 field fee I think and I can't remember if that covers air or not...I don't think it does.

Jonno06
02-21-2002, 11:03 AM
What I think Patriot meant to say was he gets out in a manner of seconds.Of course its field,thats why he got shot......i can almost go anywhere...in florida atleast.BTW,its ok for BYOP,except you still have to buy paint!!!!paint is 70 at my field,and first weekend i get case,use 500 every weekend,and run out last weekend,it works out quite well..except i ran out last week(my stepsister used 500 first week)so,i need paint....but,here is a plus......at righteous,i will have a new elcd frame for my piranha pro ts g3....

the last game is the best game.

there is 4 teams,and its one team vs one team on 1 field,and the other 2 teams play on other field.dont play back left!that side of the field sucked,every team on that side gets murdered,like us

slave
02-21-2002, 11:25 AM
I go through a case in a weekend..hehe..but I play all weekend..for hours and hours each day. I play every game I can...and I throw paint like a madman.

I don't even WANT to know how much paint I will go through when I get an eMag...you can empty a full hopper in about 45 seconds. Hehe

Originally posted by Jonno06
What I think Patriot meant to say was he gets out in a manner of seconds.Of course its field,thats why he got shot......i can almost go anywhere...in florida atleast.BTW,its ok for BYOP,except you still have to buy paint!!!!paint is 70 at my field,and first weekend i get case,use 500 every weekend,and run out last weekend,it works out quite well..except i ran out last week(my stepsister used 500 first week)so,i need paint....but,here is a plus......at righteous,i will have a new elcd frame for my piranha pro ts g3....

the last game is the best game.

there is 4 teams,and its one team vs one team on 1 field,and the other 2 teams play on other field.dont play back left!that side of the field sucked,every team on that side gets murdered,like us

Jonno06
02-21-2002, 11:54 AM
you are probably a back player,i play hopperball until i get my jt slammer pack.....i can only use 500 a weekend,i play everygame,from start to open

i usually buy more paint though:D

slave
02-21-2002, 12:28 PM
I play different styles actually. I'm highly agressive though..and not afraid of getting nailed..so you'll usually find me in the back for the first 5 minutes..then right behind you with my barrel sticking in your nose 2 seconds later..hehehe. I'm notorious for sneaking up on people.

you are probably a back player,i play hopperball until i get my jt slammer pack.....i can only use 500 a weekend,i play everygame,from start to open

i usually buy more paint though:D

Jonno06
02-21-2002, 12:42 PM
I start at either the middle/or the front,and i just keep moving up until we overcome the other team,and when all the n00b's snap out of their stupid trance thing and finally move up some,we rush and make their whole team surrender.or bunker them,which is more fun.

ThePatriot
02-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Hey slave, the website url is http://www.righteouspaintball.com/index.html they did change it around, its more updated and new now. I also suggest you get the insurance forms filled out before hand, it just makes things easier. Ok, post on here if you are going so you know what to look for.

Jonno06
02-21-2002, 03:50 PM
there website makes the field look cooler than it is though.Patriot thaught the field was crap,and was only half right,they have good compitition....what about this 1vs1 tourny?any news?

slave
02-21-2002, 07:15 PM
It is going to take a little time to plan and put into motion. I have to discuss the idea with some guys at the indoor field to see if they like the sound of it and are willing to cooperate.

there website makes the field look cooler than it is though.Patriot thaught the field was crap,and was only half right,they have good compitition....what about this 1vs1 tourny?any news?