PDA

View Full Version : Dynaflow Rebuild and Lube?

Levi
06-28-2013, 09:45 AM
In the process of testing my new Q-Loader setup last night, the piston o-ring in my Dynaflow reg decides to crumble.... and then an on/off o-ring does the same. So I pull out my still factory sealed Centerflag rebuild kit... only to find that all of the urethane o-rings have aged to the point that they crumble when I try to install them.

I found the o-ring kit on oringmonkey.com but it looks like they are using Buna-n o-rings instead of urethane.

My concern is that the buna o-rings won't hold up as well in the dynamic seal areas in the reg.

Does anyone offer a rebuild kit that includes the proper urethane o-rings?

Alternatively, does anyone have a listing of the o-ring sizes in the Dynaflow? Then I can just order the proper orings from Mcmaster.

Also, what lube should I use in this thing? I found a pbnation thread while googling, that said centerflag used white lithium grease... can someone confirm this?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but my reg is the most recent generation of Dynaflow (the one with the removable rail)

BigEvil
06-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I have a list of the sizes. Hit me up later tonight or tomorrow to remind me to post them.

Levi
06-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I have a list of the sizes. Hit me up later tonight or tomorrow to remind me to post them.

That would be great! I'll send you a pm this evening.

GoatBoy
06-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Actually I need the specs too. My on/off on my Hyperflow 201 is not sealing anymore. :(

Levi
06-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Just a side note, the o-ring off a RT regulator piston goes right onto the Dynaflow piston and works really good.

I just put 200 rounds through my mag with the Dynaflow running an Automag o-ring. :D

Seems to work well... +/- 4fps over the chrono.

BigEvil
06-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Here it is...

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/BigEvilOnline/Tech%20stuff/CenterflagDynafloworinglist_zps683b0fef.jpg (http://s509.photobucket.com/user/BigEvilOnline/media/Tech%20stuff/CenterflagDynafloworinglist_zps683b0fef.jpg.html)

GoatBoy
06-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Thank you, sir. Raided my automag parts kit for the o-rings. My 201 appears to be back up and running again.

Man that's going to suck when I have to replace that 012 in there though.

BigEvil
06-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Actually, what is going to REALLY suck is when the reg seat goes. Im still trying to figure out where they got them and what they are made of. I was thinking of making a mold, but Im not that desperate yet :)

Levi
07-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Actually, what is going to REALLY suck is when the reg seat goes. Im still trying to figure out where they got them and what they are made of. I was thinking of making a mold, but Im not that desperate yet :)

I was on the Internet Wayback Machine a few nights ago searching the captures of centerflagproducts.com and came across a parts breakdown somewhere in the process. The reg seat was labeled as a Kevlar reg seat or something to that effect.