PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper Reg Question

debruynda
06-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm thinking of building a sleeper pneumag using Luke's battery pack manifold and an Emag battery pack. Any advice on the "best" regulator and/or one that will fit inside the battery pack without modification to the battery pack itself? I had an old Shocktech regulator that is too big. I was thinking something like a Palmer pebble but was wondering if there were any comparable ones that did not cost as much. Any advice would be appreciated.

OPBN
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it's generally agreed upon that the Palmers microrock is the best option for a pneumatic setup. One reason is that they are designed to handle HP input. I think the AKA has a pretty good rep as well. Wgp bullet and ticklers can be used as well, but some complain that they are not as reliable and/consistent. I'm not sure what will fit inside an Emag battery pack. But I do know that Luke is in the design stage of offering a foregrip with an adjustable regulator built into it.

debruynda
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
I think it's generally agreed upon that the Palmers microrock is the best option for a pneumatic setup. One reason is that they are designed to handle HP input. I think the AKA has a pretty good rep as well. Wgp bullet and ticklers can be used as well, but some complain that they are not as reliable and/consistent. I'm not sure what will fit inside an Emag battery pack. But I do know that Luke is in the design stage of offering a foregrip with an adjustable regulator built into it.

Thanks!

C_losjoker
06-30-2013, 12:45 AM
the microrock is to thick to fit inside the battery pack, I am pretty sure its the rock that I tried and it would not fit. the jack hammer is another good one, and that one will fit for sure.

debruynda
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
the microrock is to thick to fit inside the battery pack, I am pretty sure its the rock that I tried and it would not fit. the jack hammer is another good one, and that one will fit for sure.

Thanks! I ended up sending the shocktech reg to luke to see if he could flatten out the sides a bit. I took a pair of calipers to the battery pack and the reg and it is a couple thousandth's too thick so hopefully there is enough material that it can be modded. But jackhammer's aren't all that expensive so that maybe a good option if I can't get the shocktech to work.

debruynda
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks! I ended up sending the shocktech reg to luke to see if he could flatten out the sides a bit. I took a pair of calipers to the battery pack and the reg and it is a couple thousandth's too thick so hopefully there is enough material that it can be modded. But jackhammer's aren't all that expensive so that maybe a good option if I can't get the shocktech to work.

And by thousandths I think I mean hundredths...