PDA

View Full Version : z grip owners.....

SlipknotX556
02-20-2002, 09:31 PM
hey i might get a z if tom still has them in stock when i get enough money.... now are they comfy and have a short trigger pull???

Thnx

virus
02-20-2002, 09:35 PM
they are very comfy... but they are not for everyone... some do find them horrible.. though those on here with them... we luv them and cant wait for AGD to remake them and intellaZ's....

thecavemankevin
02-20-2002, 10:29 PM
i must admit, i was skeptical at first, but love my z now. And hey, look at it this way, if you don't like it you should have no problems selling it off, perhaps even at a profit.

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-20-2002, 10:54 PM
it depends how u hold your gun mostly, if ya try to hold it up kinda high and twitst your wrist back on a 45 and it hurts after a game, a z would help u, like i need one cause i started doin that. but if u fire with your arm straight and your wrist doesnt bother u, u might not like it... ok well this is all my opinion.. when i get a z ill tell u. I love my intelli now but if it was 90 degrees like those angels i would fall in love even more!

X-Plosive
02-21-2002, 12:10 AM
I think you should go for an Intelliframe personally. However the other side of me wants to say z-grip so that the Y-grips come out sooner. I have a chrome intelliframe on the way....should be shipped on the 25th. I really do love my z-grip but I can't stress this enough, it is only really comfortable/useful when used with an offset drop. Do a search, I ahve answered this question in full detail atleast 3 times.

RoadDawg
02-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Is it basically like having a 45 frame turned around? I tried that with my Benchy frame and it was comfy as all gets. Of course it had no gun weight but still I liked how it felt. Let me know if it is anywhere near the same. Thanks

Nick

Mantis
02-21-2002, 12:47 AM
When I use my Z-Grip, my hand sort of naturally wants to put my middle and ring fingers on the trigger, with my index finger sticking straight up and my pinky the only finger on the actual grip(well, my thumb too of course).
Note that I don't shoot any other trigger frame this way- even on two-finger triggers I usually only use my index finger on the bottom of the trigger.
This position seems to make it easier for me to pull the trigger good and fast, but it also doesn't allow me to hold much of the gun's weight up with my right hand. So, a foregrip or a good place to put your left hand is mandatory to hold the gun steady.
Also, referring to what X-Plosive said, my hand and wrist goes straight down from the Z-Grip, so if you have an on-gun tank, it will be in the way, making an offset necessary.

G-Rexx
02-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Two of my mags have Z's on them, and they are great. Less wear and tear on your wrist. If it is ever translated over to the E-Mag platform, I'll get one for mine.
I'm thinking of getting another one in crome if it plays out that way!!!

hitech
02-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Mantis
my hand and wrist goes straight down from the Z-Grip, so if you have an on-gun tank, it will be in the way, making an offset necessary.

Do you have a picture of your setup? I'd like to see it if you have one handy.