PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from AGD.....SHIPPING = ouch!!!

beam
02-21-2002, 08:09 AM
I just got a safety assembly that I ordered directly from AGD. I was appalled to see that a tiny $6.00 assembly had a shipping fee of $6.95!!!!!!

Ouch! Does AGD have a flat shipping fee that they charge? I can gaurantee that $6.95 is not the actual shipping cost. (I live in Iowa).

If there is a flat shipping fee...could you please not that on the Parts/Price list page on Airgun.com?

Thanks.

cphilip
02-21-2002, 08:38 AM
If I remember correctly Tom discussed this before. It was set on a minimum volume and weight from their shipping vendor and yes it can be costly for a single small item. If I am correct he said you could call and get a better rate by regular snail mail but it was not possible for the store software to calculate but one set fee like it is now. I find many online stores have this same problem. So I try and group my orders together with a few more items to make it worth it. So you could just order yourself an AGD Sweatshirt to go with that or something! Or an AO Patch!!! :D

Or you can call and have one of the AGD Ladies ship to you regular US mail. You can always ask them if they will.

beam
02-21-2002, 09:02 AM
I actually didn't order it from the store, but from AGD direct. I referenced this page: http://www.airgun.com/Prices/index.html for the prices.

I knew the total was going to be $6.00 plus the cost of shipping, but I just had no idea it would be more than the item itself. I should have asked when I was on the phone.

I guess I learned my lesson. But I still think it would be good to list a minimum shipping cost on the parts/prices page. That way, someone won't order a Level 7 bumber for $1.00 thinking they are getting a way better deal than buying a $10.00 parts kit off ebay, and then find out they actually just spent $7.95 for it.

Paintchucker
02-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Dont forget the handling...

Anything that you order today has a handling charge. You can't order anything cheap without taking a hit on it. When ordering parts on the internet, I typically see $7-10 shipping and handling fees. On many sites for stuff, when you find that fantastic price that is a couple dollars cheaper than everyone else, you will find a couple extra dollars in handling.

AGD
02-21-2002, 10:50 AM
We don't make a markup on the shipping, that's what UPS costs. Please specify next time and we can US Mail it if you call in the order.

AGD

AGD-OfficeGal
02-21-2002, 10:50 AM
I've looked up your order and have a question. Did you specify UPS for a special reason? Thanks.

beam
02-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Nope. I didn't specify any carrier. There was no rush on the parts, and USPS is like 2 days to Iowa anyway.

I should have specified USPS, but I just didn't know to.