PDA

View Full Version : How are people achiving such sickeningly fast RT effect?

Patron God of Pirates
08-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Strictly input pressure?
Sear mod?
Shortened on/off pin?

What's your secret?

renie
08-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Strictly input pressure?
Sear mod?
Shortened on/off pin?

What's your secret?

sear mod not really, shorter on,off can help but really its all about the psi :) :) :) :)

Nobody
08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
the right input pressure does help. combine the on/off pin length(which will vary with each gun on reactiveness), with different input pressures.

AFAIK, there is no set formula, i.e. do this and that and you'll get 30bps or change this and get another 5bps. its really trial and error.

BTAutoMag
08-15-2013, 05:36 PM
My gun rts like crazy. Even with a ULT it's hard to shoot just 1ball.

BLachance75
08-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I think part of it is trigger pressure. That combined with input pressure and practice. You have to he in that middle point between shooting the marker and having the RT push your finger back. If you can ge just enough pressure to fire the RT kicks you back out pretty easily. Keep that pressure and it will run away.

My X-valve with stock rt and pin using a ninja SHP can consistently hit 23bps. If I want to shoot 1 ball I have to really pull the trigger and hold it. It will 3rnd burst otherwise. It took practice to figure out what worked best.

Justus
08-15-2013, 08:26 PM
A good rule of thumb is that an Emag pin (0.712") in the on/off combined with a Ninja SHP reg set to 1100 psi is likely to RT at over 20bps.

BTAutoMag
08-15-2013, 08:30 PM
I have really weak hands, i wonder if that plays a factor.

Frizzle Fry
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Emag on/off pin, Ninja 1200psi regulator, done.

TyeStick
08-15-2013, 10:28 PM
My ULE custom came directly from Tuna himself with the On/Off pin. Everything was factory. No modded accessories.
Threw on my Ninja SHP, and well... You've seen the video I posted, right?

I'm not sure how many (Balls Per Second) we were hitting, but I knew its upwards of 20 something, possible more.
I'd love for someone to Gold Wave my video I posted, to get a more accurate reading.

renie
08-16-2013, 07:36 AM
My mech, standard sear, X valve with ULT ninja 1200psi reg I was hitting over 26 bps :)

Dayspring
08-16-2013, 07:47 AM

You need some "alone time" to work on that. ;)

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 08:53 AM
You need some "alone time" to work on that. ;)

No seriously. I have horrible hands. If I use an impact wrench, a grinder or any tool that vibrates my hands shut down. Its very painful. When I play paintball I do the hold my paintball gun in the same sense that you guys do as I can't physically grip it for long periods of time. I rest mymag on top of my hands between my thumb and fingers and use my left hand to press it hard into my shoulder. I grip it tthe best I can but really the only time during a game I have a good hold on it is when I'm running.... Oh running... Yea. I had to go through months of physical therapy to be able to run. I constantly have people at work commenting that they can hear my knees cracking over the machines. I wil need then replaced at some point, ending paintball for me. I have to stretch and expertise them every day just to be able to walk and stairs are something I fear.

I have weak hands. Did you not catch that or does that really label me a pervert to you?

Dayspring
08-16-2013, 09:16 AM
I have weak hands. Did you not catch that or does that really label me a pervert to you?

Wow, somebody can't take a joke...

Patron God of Pirates
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
No seriously. I have horrible hands. If I use an impact wrench, a grinder or any tool that vibrates my hands shut down. Its very painful. When I play paintball I do the hold my paintball gun in the same sense that you guys do as I can't physically grip it for long periods of time. I rest mymag on top of my hands between my thumb and fingers and use my left hand to press it hard into my shoulder. I grip it tthe best I can but really the only time during a game I have a good hold on it is when I'm running.... Oh running... Yea. I had to go through months of physical therapy to be able to run. I constantly have people at work commenting that they can hear my knees cracking over the machines. I wil need then replaced at some point, ending paintball for me. I have to stretch and expertise them every day just to be able to walk and stairs are something I fear.

That truly sucks. I have a friend suffering with a mystery condition that sounds allot like what you're going through. It's pretty damn emasculating and I understand you taking offense. Dayspring is a good guy though and I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way you took it. Just a playful joke.

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 09:43 AM
I know. I just hate telling people about my hands because EVERY time I do I hear the same joke.

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 09:56 AM
take a look at this first pic, youll see me holding the gun how I usually do:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000831_10152038779819392_1767589360_n.jpg

this is how I hold it when I "don't" need to hold it:

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001832_10152038781124392_36685444_n.jpg

Freedy500
08-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Not sure if you also mean finger strength. I found that the lighter the pressure you put on the trigger and can still reach the Rt the more reactive it is.

Backed up by www.zakvetter.com

VecTor
08-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Have you every tried a remote line setup. It would take a lot of pressure off your hands. When i play all day games i get out my vest and remote line setup. It keeps the line tucked right under the arm so its not gettn snagged on everything.

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM
I keep thinking about it but I hate vests... At least I havnt found one I like and theyddon't have many choices for packs. I like being able to fill and check my tank as well.

shooter311
08-16-2013, 04:18 PM
I hit around 36 bps with a SHP reg and what I found is:

-well used on/off pin
-1200 psi
- lube the crap out of it (I put like 10 drops in the c/a adapter, probably not the best thing for accuracy, but I was shooting a speed video)
- lower fps, I was shooting around 250fps
- I think the Medusa frame Rt's the fastest, but that might just be what works for my hands the best
- Fast hopper, Qloader is your only option once your in the 20's bps (Strictly my opinion)

need4reebs
08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I hit around 36 bps with a SHP reg and what I found is:

-well used on/off pin
-1200 psi
- lube the crap out of it (I put like 10 drops in the c/a adapter, probably not the best thing for accuracy, but I was shooting a speed video)
- lower fps, I was shooting around 250fps
- I think the Medusa frame Rt's the fastest, but that might just be what works for my hands the best
- Fast hopper, Qloader is your only option once your in the 20's bps (Strictly my opinion)

where is tha link for the shooting video???:headbang:

OPBN
08-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Everybody above is lying to you.... It's magic. We all sold our souls to achieve maximum ROF....

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 04:43 PM
i would love to know how fast my dry fire shooting vid is. i dont know how to check the waveform

Mercenario
08-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I also hate vests, i use a spec ops drop leg pod holder thing with 2 pods and use a reg mil style belt and i got a bt tank pouch that attaches molle and attached it to the belt with alice clips the tank sits above my right hip and i can fill it and see my pressure that way

shooter311
08-16-2013, 07:06 PM
where is tha link for the shooting video???:headbang:

I guess I can give you a bit of a teaser, better video to come. I have dry fired in the 40s. I just need to get with my camera man to make one. I have one shooting close to 40 with paint, but it was below freezing and it turned into a blender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_JAodWCIo

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
wow,

good news.... he cant run through my stream of paint

bad news... stream of paint lasts 1 1/2 seconds

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 07:38 PM
anyone tell me how fast this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoWa-8l9ec

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 07:42 PM
and this is the slowest I can get it to shoot... also why I had to get a ULE
(note, how I hold the gun:rolleyes:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VJxpm7O5s

El Zilcho
08-16-2013, 07:50 PM
wow,

good news.... he cant run through my stream of paint

bad news... stream of paint lasts 1 1/2 seconds
This actually made me LOL!

shooter311
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
anyone tell me how fast this is:

I wish I could help you, but I don't have my audio program anymore.

I do have a video of me dry firing at its peak I think it was 44bps, but I am not sure. I almost got a whole qloader load through it, but it chopped on like the last ball, so in my mind it doesn't count.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HEraWnkVS48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTAutoMag
08-16-2013, 09:08 PM
thats pretty fast

blackdeath1k
08-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Other that sweet sound effect. What good really is that high rate of fire and un controllable trigger worth?

Billz804
08-16-2013, 10:02 PM
I always see people talking about how to get more reactivity or how to eliminate it.

How feasible is it to try and set-up a mag valve to RT just a little so that I can keep up on the speedball field without people looking at me funny?

Frizzle Fry
08-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Not challenging. I have one of my Micros set up using an X-valve with a standard R/T on/off assembly and when I feed it 950psi from a Ninja reg it pumps out a consistent 10-12bps or so. Fire in bursts and nobody is the wiser - plus it's not total overkill like a few of my others tend to be. I don't consider it "cheating" in recball when there are people ramping at 12.5-14bps with their electros.

blackdeath1k
08-16-2013, 10:11 PM
I always see people talking about how to get more reactivity or how to eliminate it.

How feasible is it to try and set-up a mag valve to RT just a little so that I can keep up on the speedball field without people looking at me funny?

My classic rt is running 900psi input with a y grip and everything else bone stock. I've never felt out gunned. No clue what bps that is. Its borderline on what stock halo too settings can feed if I shot a 2 or 3 sec string. But totally controllable for single shot 3 round burst. Or fast semi auto with assisted bounce.

But these videos are sweet. And I'm still impressed that loader feed rate has got to the point it can keep up with a fast shooting gun.

Billz804
08-16-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't consider it "cheating" in recball when there are people ramping at 12.5-14bps with their electros.

That's the idea that I've got. Thanks for the insight.

Or fast semi auto with assisted bounce.

Exactly what I'm going for.

Thanks fellers, I need to get out an start tuning her up.

EDIT: I'm curious though, can you still fire single shots?

blackdeath1k
08-16-2013, 11:18 PM
With my setup I can single shot easy. Just pull the trigger to the stop. And release

saintnoir
08-17-2013, 08:12 AM
BT a friend of mine had a nasty head on auto accident,saw it coming and on instinct put his hands on the dash (he was a passenger)Messed up his wrists,elbows and hands fairly badly,his hands weren't weak really but any strong gripping hurt and his hands would eventually fail losing any grip.
Reason I am mentioning it we put a zgrip on my classic rt,glued a neoprene pad on the back of the frame,built a half inch spacer and used a ndz kick to build a more spaced out "cripple-z"(no offense that's whats its called).So he rested the tank on his shoulder supported its weight with his shoulder and the backs of his hands,he also crossed his middle finger over his index and used that to squeeze the end of the trigger.Its worth a shot to see if a zgrip makes playing easier

BTAutoMag
08-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Someday I'll have my zgripped Rt classic back. But I'm really happy with what I got atm

keiko_819
08-17-2013, 09:57 PM
my bros x rts super easy, shot this today at the feild and its pretty fast, i threw his tank on one of my guns with a gauge and it was rt'ing with his reg that that puts out a little more than 800...id like to see his mag with one of my ninja 1100 tank...i should have taken the camera off my barrel before shooting this but here it is anyways...v35 halo with well used batteries, no breaks and the level 10 kicked in once...not bad:headbang:

http://contour.com/stories/rt-action

alpha_q_up23
08-17-2013, 10:35 PM
I'll post a clear video of my mag rt-ing eventually, don't have anything really planned tomorrow, so tomorrow is possibly a filming day

Spider-TW
08-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Besides pressure, you have to have good flow and bottle reg response. Now that most of us use ninja regs, it hasn't been an issue. Fewer hoses and fittings helps, although I think my inline maxflo on remote did as well as a bottom mount shp. My agd 3k bottle on remote never did rt more than a couple of shots, even at 1000psi. Blocked/skinny ports and narrow Id hoses can be a problem too.

keiko_819
08-17-2013, 11:09 PM
For sure...asa to valve > asa to gas through to valve...for speed on your mag anyways

shooter311
08-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Besides pressure, you have to have good flow and bottle reg response. Now that most of us use ninja regs, it hasn't been an issue. Fewer hoses and fittings helps, although I think my inline maxflo on remote did as well as a bottom mount shp. My agd 3k bottle on remote never did rt more than a couple of shots, even at 1000psi. Blocked/skinny ports and narrow Id hoses can be a problem too.

I know a I had a nitroduck and a pure energy I had outputting at 1100-1200 and I could only get bursts out of it. With the Ninja tank at 1100 I can hold that RT for an entire hopper.

For sure...asa to valve > asa to gas through to valve...for speed on your mag anyways

I'm not sure if I agree with that. I have found my mag with gas-thru rt's way faster than all my others without. I even tried it with a direct hook-up and I couldn't achieve the rates I wanted.I have no explanation for this, I just know it makes a difference.

Ando
08-19-2013, 08:09 AM
I grind all my pins down to around .730. I found this with a 1000-1200psi output tank will get you optimal RT performance (mid 20's) with the ability to semi. If you can find a Geddon, buy it. They are hands down the best regs for a mag due to how high you can get them adjusted (1400 psi with no mods). You can also adjust them on the fly during a game to either take on the kiddies with space di!dos or for those one ball situations. Down side to them is the amount of weight they bring to the table.

cockerpunk
08-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Other that sweet sound effect. What good really is that high rate of fire and un controllable trigger worth?

agreed.

rarily shoot my mags at over 8 bps. hell, rarely shoot any gun i own at over 8 bps.

djinnform
08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
I tried everything, but nothing worked until I sent my valves back to AGD to tune, clean, and file down the ON\OFF pins to make them "bouncy". Then, the SHP Nina tank, and blammo! I have an E-MAG and regular X that both rip in exactly the same way with control. Roman did one at AGD. Dave did the other at AGD.