PDA

View Full Version : To Tom Kaye...disturbing bounce test!

Sponzy
02-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Well...I'm kind of bummed. I read your tech tip (#4) about the paintball bounce test and was curious to test my next case of paint. Well...it came in today. JT Maxim yellow/yellow I bought online from actionvillage.com on sale $54.00. I read reviews on this paint from happy customers at countypaintball.com and was impressed by what players were saying. I understand this paint is made for JT by RP Schearer, a trusted name. Anyway, on to the test.
I tested a total of 10 balls with a sampling from all four bags: #1) broke on 2nd bounce, #2) 4th bounce, #3) 1st bounce, #4) 1st bounce, #5) 1st bounce, #6) 1st bounce, #7) 1st bounce, #8) 3rd bounce, #9) 1st bounce, #10) 1st bounce. According to your tip...THAT SUCKS!!! Dropping the high/low, and averaging the other eight, my "bounce number" is 1.375. Ouch. Also, As far as I can tell, these balls would be considered "dry-ball". Also, upon inspection of the paint I was impressed to find no breakage from shipping, but I noticed many balls are dimpled. What do you think? I am about to go put some rounds through and see what happens.

LaW
02-21-2002, 05:19 PM
hence the reason they were on sale :)

Sponzy
02-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Well I just put 20 rounds through my Lapco Bigshot, no breaks in chamber/barrel, decent marking on the target, no bounces off the target, and man...this stuff flies pretty straight. It's approximately 45 degrees, no wind, target at 60feet. I wonder if the "dry-ball", or whatever it's called has something to do with it?

dmonahan
02-21-2002, 05:38 PM
I have had the best luck with RPS & JT maxim. The last 3 cases of paint I bought was the JT and of all 3 cases I have had 1 brake in the barrel. The stuff rocks!! The other members of my team shot Powerball (I'm the only Mag user)but my guns seem to chew it up.