PDA

View Full Version : AO Army Jersey Design Thread (Updated)

BTAutoMag
09-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Pre-Order Click Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?266381-AO-Army-Jersey-Pre-Order)

Ok updating this thread.

this is what animal is going to get regarding the artwork:

-Magpie logo on front

-It will say "magpie" below the magpie logo and "We are everywhere" above it

-"chuff chuff" will be on your right collar

-ToTs AGD logo with hex on top of each sleeve with "Automags.org" coming down from that and "AO Army" above it

-Automags.org will also be on your left breast

-The animal customs logo will be on the top of the back (you have the option of saying you dont want it) and "AO Army" above it by the neck

-The jersey will have the old skool splash pattern on it incorporated with the hex design. will be alot like the pictures at the top right of the screen, with the players in it

-YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE COLORS ON YOUR OWN JERSEY!!!!!!

-The back area is reserved for your name OR what ever artwork you want animal to put on there to represent you i.e. If flatliner333 wants a dancing banana and a heartbeat.

ok decision time guys, are you more into the old skool eclipse type splash pattern OR the splash pattern used at the top of the screen OR use both

for those who need an eclipse splash reminder:
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/baconquilt/paintball/photo_zps6d42a7e6.jpg

Please refer to post 17 for up to date info

Ok, plans are almost complete. I have all the ducks in a row except 2.

1: I have a ROUGH idea of what it will look like and I would like your input in it before I send the template to them. I'm commissioning their artist to do the work so nothing on it has to be perfect.

2: the preorder, although I want to get your input on design before I do anything crazy like that.

This whole experience has taught me... never to do this again.:nono:

Ok, through alot of emails and around 2-3 hours of conversations with various people I have come up with this so far. it is in NO WAY a set in stone thing but there are several things that are a definate and I will list them.

1. We're dipping in the old skool bucket. Mondo from Animal is in love with 90s splash mags and the jersey WILL have splash on it. (there are represented by the crappy squiggles on the draft)

2. Hex... Hex... HEX

3. Logos... magpie, AGD, Automags.org and Animal customs logo. These are set in stone but can tweak locations

ok. I do like the "chuff chuff" and "we are everywhere" what do you guys think?

placement on things? please help

the hex pattern and location of... everything is just a place holder. dont look at my art and say "I hate that" as its my art and all it is is a "there will be a general piece of art here.

OK THIS IS THE BIG THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are gonna love this. I was inspired by the multiple color magpies on our team thread.

I spoke to animal to see if this was even possible...

he he he.

I am a big fan of the joker colors, purple black and lime green BUT you guys will be able to choose YOUR OWN COLORS at no extra cost.

:clap::headbang:

so you see the crap draft below... I'm sure not all of you are purple and lime green fans. so you say you want a red and gold for example? so all the purple will instead be red and all the green will be gold instead.

so all of us will have the same jersey but in different colors.:hail:

I find that to be incredibly FREAKIN awesome.

This is just the first design and I suck at art

click for bigger
I just noticed how little purple I have on it, there will be more

throw me your tweaks and suggestions. for this im just gonna stick with the purple and lime green... use your imagination for the other colors

Fred
09-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Lulz... Sigh. I feel for you bro. The FB post made me look to see if this still existed... Holy crap it was 11 years ago!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?57986-The-Current-Jersey-Concept-Need-comments&highlight=jersey

My critique of the posted design for this iteration:
-Color options are highly desirable. I'm not Cap'n Canuck or Master Wang, therefore purple has zero appeal to me.
-I'm also not Kai, therefore a red star is a ??? design choice. I'd suggest the AGD crest on the shoulders or one side with # on the other.
-bring the hexes into the design better... they look applied to me right now.

vintage
09-25-2013, 07:50 PM
are the trapazoidal things the sleeves? the color doesn't bother me other than your green magpie doesn't stand out enough. what is your estimated cost?:clap::clap:

vintage
09-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Crimson and Cream would look cool.:cool:

BTAutoMag
09-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Fred... All of your critiques... Read the first post again. And the red star thing... Have you not been around?

Vintage... What trapezoid?

Something not standing out will be covered in art when the actual artist covers it.

Dayspring
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Fred... All of your critiques... Read the first post again. And the red star thing... Have you not been around?

Vintage... What trapezoid?

Something not standing out will be covered in art when the actual artist covers it.

He may have been around and STILL not like it. I'm sorry, but I'm with him in this.

The originals are still the best - which is why I'm wearing that for the game.

vintage
09-25-2013, 08:10 PM
the two outside images on the top line

BTAutoMag
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
ok better critiques then.

the black circle with the red star is Toms idea and I like it. thats why it's there. there was a huge conflict with the red star earlier and I still dont know why. if enough people want the AGD logo on the shoulder rather then the AO Army crest then I'll switch it

you said to bring the hexes into the design better but I clearly said in the first post to think of all that as a placeholder for things that will go there later. all it says is that "a hex pattern will go in this yonder area"

I also pointed out that the purple and green is my thing but the color options are up to the person buying the jersey at no extra cost. you can make it pink and pastel blue for all I care, YOU have to say what colors YOU want before it will be ordered for you.

I did not state why the red star was incorporated but I figured it was well explained in many other threads that lead up to this post. I apologize for assuming our members have read the previous posts.

I also feel there is nothing wrong with the old jersey but many people have put alot of interest into wanting an AO Army/Magpie jersey. If you dont want one dont bash it please. I have asked nicely.

Fred I do apologize if I came up rash. My wife too the computer and I replied through my phone in short hand. I would actually love to talk with yout about your experience in your jersey adventures and I hope you dont see this as a direct attack on you.

Dayspring, I respect you... ALOT. I hope you dont take it in the wrong context that I feel a little put down by you. I'm sure this was a misunderstanding on my part and youre still da man. again, wear the old design, theres nothing wrong with it, Ive always wanted one.

BTAutoMag
09-25-2013, 08:25 PM
the two outside images on the top line

oh, yes they are sleeves, I thought you were question something on the art itself:rofl:

Fred
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
The difference between critique and criticism is that its a dialog. A discussion.

I should have read your first post closer. ;) No worries bro. :cheers:

Dayspring
09-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Nobody's bashing on the design. If somebody doesn't like it, they have every right to voice that.

If they want to give feedback, that's great, but not required.

Laku
09-26-2013, 12:43 AM
I assume the fonts are not the final ones and will be finalized by the artist?

BTAutoMag
09-26-2013, 07:12 AM
true. fonts are up in the air

GRimm
09-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Depending on the font we go with we may want to consider using a border on the letters, possibly purple (or whatever color we use in the place of purple) otherwise the words may not be so easy to read

BTAutoMag
09-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Agreed

vintage
09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
at this point i have no preferences other than color and BT has solved that for me. i'll go with whatever consensus the forum comes up with. you could always put the AO Army logo on one sleeve and the AGD on the other or put a large AO Army logo on the back and the AGD on both sleeves. the options are endless and the opions will be also.GoodLuck

BTAutoMag
09-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I've actually been going over this in my head.

-Axe the red stars

-ToTS AGD logo on the Arms with "automags.org" vertically down from each one

-I still want the hex and splash pattern but I want to talk to bunny about the design he used for the header

-I want "chuff chuff" on the collar, cause its a hat tip to Tom

-Animal customs logo top center on back

-Magpie logo front and center

-I kinda want to open this up for a sponser or 2. maybe have inception, bigevil, or tuna make a 25$ donation to the setup cost for a spot on the jersey (I would put this money back into the Magpie club to fund future projects like this or free stuff for people like barrel socks) I will only pursue this if people think its a good idea

THOUGHTS ON THIS?????

vintage
09-27-2013, 09:52 PM
you could put the stars/AO complete logo on both sides of the name on the back of the jersey. i think it needs one anyway. everything else i'm good with. did not know there was a Magpie club. maybe put the name under the animal customs logo a couple of inches and use forum names.

BTAutoMag
09-27-2013, 10:01 PM
you could put the stars/AO complete logo on both sides of the name on the back of the jersey. i think it needs one anyway. everything else i'm good with. did not know there was a Magpie club. maybe put the name under the animal customs logo a couple of inches and use forum names.

Sticky... Topof the page

ScottyBeans
09-27-2013, 10:30 PM
at this point i have no preferences other than color and BT has solved that for me. i'll go with whatever consensus the forum comes up with. you could always put the AO Army logo on one sleeve and the AGD on the other or put a large AO Army logo on the back and the AGD on both sleeves. the options are endless and the opions will be also.GoodLuck

I'm the same way- Whatever the consensus is is fine by me.

BTAutoMag
09-28-2013, 03:15 PM
The lions are going on the arms where the red stars are

I have no idea about short sleeve jerseys... ill shoot out an email

need4reebs
09-28-2013, 04:14 PM
here are some more ideas for placement of logos and all that...even has tha magpie in tha backround on both the front and back:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?243446-Automag-Army-Jersey-2nd-Run-!-***VOTE-NOW***

maverick13
09-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Shouldnt the AGD lion logo be bigger and more prominent on the back ?

Same idea !

dodge3500
09-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Can anyone get in on the AO Army Jerseys? Or are they for a team only?I would be down for one if open too others.:-) very cool looking

BTAutoMag
09-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Can anyone get in on the AO Army Jerseys? Or are they for a team only?I would be down for one if open too others.:-) very cool looking

Check team sticky top of page.

BTAutoMag
10-01-2013, 04:26 PM
ok this thread is updated with new info

Flatliner333
10-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I voted for the oldschool splash. I remember back in the day when the refs would scoff at anything in a jersey design that resembled a paintball splatter. I do like the splash in the header so either way is cool by me. BT you might want to be on the safe side and just go with dancing banannas ;) :nono:

BTAutoMag
10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I voted for the oldschool splash. I remember back in the day when the refs would scoff at anything in a jersey design that resembled a paintball splatter. I do like the splash in the header so either way is cool by me. BT you might want to be on the safe side and just go with dancing banannas ;) :nono:

if you want a dancing banana on your jersey I can make that happen

BTAutoMag
10-01-2013, 06:16 PM
wow, people are digging the bunny banner splash

vintage
10-01-2013, 07:18 PM
my vote is in. i have 5 classics with various amounts of old school splash on them. but whatever the final result is i'm ok with it.:cool:

Billz804
10-02-2013, 12:16 AM
BTAutomag, you've done an awesome job organizing this. I'm sure it's been a tedious endeavor but you've gotten it all the way here and you deserve some props.

I want to throw out some of my thoughts, and I hope you (or anyone else) don't mind. I know I'm not a super active member here on AO, but I love my 'Mags and I am excited to have a jersey representing that.

Really, my primary concern at the moment is that the jersey doesn't say "AO" enough.. The Magpie logo is awesome and super badass, but I don't necessarily think that it should be the centerpiece of the jersey. It would be cool for an AO Army jersey to put "AO Army" in your face!

Similarly, I think that instead of trashing the red star (because it really is a cool idea), maybe it could be incorporated in a different way.

I really am more of a visual person, so rather than sit here and try and type everything out, I made a sort-of mock up of my personal vision of an AO Army jersey. I hope that you aren't offended or that I'm not stepping on any toes or anything like that, I just wanted to put some ideas out there (..and I kinda wanted to play with PS).

Anyways, here's what I came up with:

http://i.imgur.com/5skcTvh.jpg

In any case, thanks again for all the hard work you've put in, BTAutomag. I can't wait to have an AO Army jersey!

dboggs79
10-02-2013, 01:07 AM
BTAutomag, you've done an awesome job organizing this. I'm sure it's been a tedious endeavor but you've gotten it all the way here and you deserve some props.

I want to throw out some of my thoughts, and I hope you (or anyone else) don't mind. I know I'm not a super active member here on AO, but I love my 'Mags and I am excited to have a jersey representing that.

Really, my primary concern at the moment is that the jersey doesn't say "AO" enough.. The Magpie logo is awesome and super badass, but I don't necessarily think that it should be the centerpiece of the jersey. It would be cool for an AO Army jersey to put "AO Army" in your face!

Similarly, I think that instead of trashing the red star (because it really is a cool idea), maybe it could be incorporated in a different way.

I really am more of a visual person, so rather than sit here and try and type everything out, I made a sort-of mock up of my personal vision of an AO Army jersey. I hope that you aren't offended or that I'm not stepping on any toes or anything like that, I just wanted to put some ideas out there (..and I kinda wanted to play with PS).

Anyways, here's what I came up with:

http://i.imgur.com/5skcTvh.jpg

In any case, thanks again for all the hard work you've put in, BTAutomag. I can't wait to have an AO Army jersey!

that's awesome!

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 06:59 AM
DUDE!

where the hell have you been this WHOLE TIME!?

I would littereally change like 2 things with that for my vision to be complete.

I'd also like to point out it has the eclipse splash AND the website splash and it looks TITS!

Dayspring
10-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Now THAT is a jersey design!

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Now THAT is a jersey design!

dayspring minght be changing his mind about this whole "not getting one" thing

BigEvil
10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Ok we have a winner. Now shut up and take my $$$

BLachance75
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I that design could be done in a way that we could change the splash color I'd be in. Very nice design.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
that will be an option. I'm using that as our draft to send to animal. having him make 1 or 2 tweaks and we'll be voting on it.

Fred
10-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Only thing I'd change is the paint splats on the hex field. I just don't want there to be any chance of looking hit (besides I never get hit anywhere but the goggles, historically).

And speaking of Historically... Anyone have a Wang Force vector still?

XtraKargo
10-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Wicked. That design is very kewl. Waiting to see the tweaks, then I may be down for one.

:D

Beemer
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Ok we have a winner. Now shut up and take my $$$

Damn slackers, I'm paid in full.stickouttongue

BigEvil
Suggestions:

-Put "Automags.org" in some form under or as part of the "AO ARMY" logo on the front.
-Move the bird off the lower back. It will be hidden when you are wearing a pack. I think it should go up high between the shoulders. (Get rid of the animal logo.. they arent doing anything for free on this)... put the name right about where the birds feet would be.

..and yes get rid of the splats. That will cause issues on the field.

Patron God of Pirates
I'm diggin that design as well. My only concern would be the color options. Personally I'd like to keep the red to a minimum.

skipdogg
10-02-2013, 08:59 AM

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 09:01 AM

that actually means alot to me skip:cheers:

Flatliner333
10-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Am I the only one that is bothered that it says Magpie and not Magpies ? I like this jersey as well , maybe swap places of the Magpie bird and Animal Customs on the back? And use pgop2.O's final version of the bird with the shading and such.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Am I the only one that is bothered that it says Magpie and not Magpies ? I like this jersey as well , maybe swap places of the Magpie bird and Animal Customs on the back? And use pgop2.O's final version of the bird with the shading and such.

the magpie/magpies will be fixed at animal. I agree on the logo placement as well for the back.

Flatliner333
10-02-2013, 09:46 AM
It's been so long since I've actually played I didn't think about the pod pack covering up the lower back...good call Big E.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 09:55 AM
I wear a vest, how do you think I feel, lol

ScottyBeans
10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
This design looks awesome! Color options are still available right?

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 10:04 AM
yes, color options will be built in

Flatliner333
10-02-2013, 10:16 AM
So if I wanted the color in this hex pattern to be different than Grey I could ? I really like the Hex patterns in here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?265160-Official-AO-Army-Mag-Pie-Team-Thread!/page2 posts #47 and #56 are nice.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 10:20 AM
you know I'll have them make that an option

PBLife
10-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Anyway of getting the AGD logo on the back instead of a name/number?

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 11:24 AM
yes

Billz804
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Tweaked a few things, as per request(s).

http://i.imgur.com/eJ64iyD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GbIEtuJ.jpg

Patron God of Pirates
10-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Option #1 gets my vote

Flatliner333
10-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I likem both , is it possible to bring the Magpies down just a little on the front of option #1...as not to hide the birds evil skull grin on the bottom...this is awesome...thank you BT for taking the bull by the horns...thank you paintballa69 for bringing it to life...I'm all in on this. :headbang:

edit: If I was voting right now I like #1 the best and would not be opposed to having the bigger Star/AO Army logo you have there on the back of #1 above the name....but again awesome work...really digging this.

Billz804
10-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Anything is possible! You mean the "Magpies" text, right? Not sure how the evil grin is covered, though, but I can reveal more of the tail for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/ByALOuW.jpg

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 05:38 PM
The bird has a hidden skull face in it.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Yes. Number 1 gets my vote.

I showed this to animal and told them to make it sing

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 05:47 PM
making this into an official vote

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?266404-VOTE-TIME!-AO-Army-jersey-final-draft

ScottyBeans
10-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm speechless. Both designs are amazing

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 07:43 PM
thats an option in the vote, lol

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd like to point out that this is PBN's jersey right now...

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u627/rorodr0033/IMG-20130908-WA0009_zpsd0bf6ada.jpg

Flatliner333
10-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Omg that's alot of paint on the ground. Oh the jersey... Not nearly as cool as what's being kicked around over here.

BTAutoMag
10-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Omg that's alot of paint on the ground. Oh the jersey... Not nearly as cool as what's being kicked around over here.

i didnt even see the paint past the jersey

Laku
10-03-2013, 12:06 AM
I like the number 1 choice except for the splash which is way too loud for my taste. :)

BTAutoMag
10-03-2013, 07:41 AM
ok, since its pretty obvious that #2 will win...

what do you guys think about taking the magpie logo with "magpies" and "we are everywhere" thats on the front and putting it where the magpie logo on the back is instead. maybe shrinking the AGD logo on the front a bit as well

Billz804
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I think that is a fine idea!

BTAutoMag
10-03-2013, 11:19 AM
arts at animal. its in their hands now.

BTAutoMag
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Got bored so I played with splash colors just to see how they changed the "mood" of the jersey