PDA

View Full Version : Superbolt

jwyke
02-21-2002, 09:31 PM
I am planning on getting a foamie bolt for my minimag to help alleviate a breakage problem. I have been looking at the superbolt because I have heard (and read) a lot of rave reviews. However, I have heard that the bolt was recalled a while back. What is/was the problem? Should I look elsewhere for a new bolt?

talls
02-21-2002, 09:38 PM
The problem with the old bolts is that the delrin sleeve was breaking and shooting out the barrel. Some kid thought it would be cool to say he got hurt by one so that is why the recall happened. I like my superbolt but haven't gotten to shoot it too much. Someone said that they have already broken theirs so I am a little worried about using it for my tourney this weekend. But if you are just trying to lower ball breakage you can get a normally foamie bolt from AGD, but if you want you can get the superbolt which is a foamie and is lighter. This leaves the bolt "open" longer giving the ball more time to feed as well as next to no recoil. Oh whatever you decide remember that the superbolt's sleeve which does wear out and will need to be replaced every so often (once a year if you play often). But good luck on whatever you buy.