PDA

View Full Version : e-mag / x-mag small parts (safety ball and safety spring)

flampaint
11-25-2013, 02:14 PM
hoping someone might be able to help me with this (any one of the below mentioned, three options would be good, best would be all, obviously...):
1. does anyone have these ridiculously small parts (safety ball + safety spring) lying around and would be willing to part from them?P
2. OR could you refer me to a (preferably online) dealer who might have these items? (didn’t find any online myself. I’m located in Germany but would be willing to pay additional postage fees)
3. OR does anyone at least know the (exact) specs/dimensions on these? (it’s not like these are very specific parts, it’s just a matter of getting the right size springs and balls I suppose)
ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

OPBN
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Contact AGD directly or Tuna.

Nobody
11-25-2013, 02:54 PM
i was told that its better to not use the physical safety. it can cause binding and not give the best feel on the trigger itself.

Bunny
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Airgun Designs Online Store:

Emag Safety Ball Detent: http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=1926
Emag Safety Spring: http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=1922

--------------

Contact AGD Dealer Tunaman:
[email protected]

flampaint
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Airgun Designs Online Store:

Emag Safety Ball Detent: http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=1926
Emag Safety Spring: http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodId=1922

--------------

Contact AGD Dealer Tunaman:
[email protected]

perfect - thanks very much.
I hadn't even considered looking there (as if that shouldnt be THE first place to look for such items...) :tard:

flampaint
11-25-2013, 04:01 PM
no shipments to Germany... so much for the AGD online store.
I'll try asking Tunaman...

flampaint
11-25-2013, 04:06 PM
tunaman email doesnt work... just used the "contact us" at the tunamart website.

In the meantime and regardless: can anyone help with this?

Bunny
11-25-2013, 04:55 PM
How many do you need? I could probably ship some out to you.

flampaint
11-25-2013, 05:19 PM
How many do you need? I could probably ship some out to you.

that sounds great. thanks!
I'll send you a pm

athomas
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
i was told that its better to not use the physical safety. it can cause binding and not give the best feel on the trigger itself.The physical safety is only a sear stop. It doesn't cause binding to the trigger or affect it in any way during normal use when the gun is not in the safe position. The reason it often isn't used, is because the safety itself binds. When this happens, you can't switch the gun in and out of the safe position. To prevent this, all you need to do is make sure the balls and springs are kept dirt free and oiled. It also helps to round the outer edges where the ball slips over the edge of the groove in the safety itself.

Nobody
11-26-2013, 02:47 AM
The physical safety is only a sear stop. It doesn't cause binding to the trigger or affect it in any way during normal use when the gun is not in the safe position. The reason it often isn't used, is because the safety itself binds. When this happens, you can't switch the gun in and out of the safe position. To prevent this, all you need to do is make sure the balls and springs are kept dirt free and oiled. It also helps to round the outer edges where the ball slips over the edge of the groove in the safety itself.

nope. BigEvil when he tuned it, kept out the safety and told me "NO NO NO" about it. my Emag is without safety and i don't need it. i should plug the hole, but it hasn't effected me in 3 times using it so far.

athomas
11-26-2013, 07:11 AM
You don't need it from an operational point of view, but the reason he took it out is because they stick. You now need to have a combination of electronic switch and mechanical trigger stop to keep your emag safe.

I have mine out of my emag as well, because it was sticking. If I happen to lose or misplace my electrical pin in the field, I am without a safety. I have had the odd accidental shot into my barrel sock because of it.

Tunaman
11-26-2013, 07:37 AM
only the safeties on the old humpback frames were no good. The ULE frames do not have this problem.

athomas
11-26-2013, 05:29 PM
only the safeties on the old humpback frames were no good. The ULE frames do not have this problem.There aren't many emags around my area, so I never had the chance to compare the differences. What change was made to the ULE frames that fixed this problem? Or was it a change to the safety itself?

Tunaman
11-26-2013, 05:41 PM
There aren't many emags around my area, so I never had the chance to compare the differences. What change was made to the ULE frames that fixed this problem? Or was it a change to the safety itself?The change was made to the frame. I don't know EXACTLY what the change was, but they did fix the issue. The safety issue was why they made the change to the ULE frame.

Bunny
11-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Just shipped out a few springs and balls to you. Let me know when you receive them!

Btw, since you are from Germany, do you need to have a safety on the gun to be compliant with the law over there?

flampaint
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Just shipped out a few springs and balls to you. Let me know when you receive them!

Btw, since you are from Germany, do you need to have a safety on the gun to be compliant with the law over there?

Hi, great news. Thanks very much for sending those!
Yes, as far as I am informed, a safety is required by law on markers here in DE.