PDA

View Full Version : William Shatner's going down!

Ov3rmind
02-22-2002, 08:02 AM
"Make plans to be part of the biggest paintball game ever. Mark your calendars, set your schedule, sign up quick. August 31, 2002 will be a historical date in the annals of Paintball history. It will be on that date that thousands of players will gather near Chicago at Challenge Park Xtreme to play the ultimate scenario game with the ultimate Captain. This scenario will see three teams wrestling for control of mythical items (such as Thor's Hammer, The Holy Grail, Excalibur, etc…) and magical places (including the city of Bedlam, the Jungle of Doom, Fort Courage and Armegeddon).

William Shatner, the man known to millions of fans as "Captain James T. Kirk," will lead one of the three teams attempting to control the destiny of the universe.

SPPLAT is proud to welcome Airgun Designs', Tom Kaye as the first leader willing to step up and command one of the teams opposing Shatner's attempt to rule the universe.

The nationally syndicated radio personality Mancow has agreed to accept the challenge and lead the "third rail" team.

The Society of Paintball Players and Teams (SPPLAT) is producing the event which will benefit charity. Profits will go to benefit William Shatner's chosen charity, Ahead with Horses. All participants will receive a commemorative event jersey, pay great prices for paint and have the chance to compete for outstanding prizes. Due to logistical constraints, players will be limited, so sign up soon." -Paintball.com

We all know which team is going to win, heh heh heh heh.

udtseal
02-22-2002, 08:05 AM
http://elvis.rowan.edu/~trussell/captobvious.gif

Welcome to 5 months ago!!!! :D

nilloc 93
02-22-2002, 09:34 AM
I for one cannot wait. Depending on how well this goes, it be nice to see more scenario/big games hosted by celebrities and generate some positive press for a change.
Whatever you do, don't ask Shatner to sing.

TigerMan
02-22-2002, 09:50 AM
Lol good one udsteal. This is pretty old news now.

manike
02-22-2002, 10:03 AM
I'm trying my hardest to be able to make this event :)

We'll show em... we should make it the no.1 priority that ManCow comes last :D hehehe

Since I'm Spplat member 007 do you think I should play in a DJ...? not that I've ever worn a DJ for anything than it's intended purpose before...

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/dj-snowboarding-58.jpg

manike

Thordic
02-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Hmm, manike, where are the trees? :)

I'll stick to my east coast skiing :) Trees motivate me.

manike
02-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Trees? What are they for? :)

manike

virus
02-22-2002, 10:41 AM
welp i'm signed up for shatner huntin....er ball.. and i just got the rest of the discount codes from spplat... so i gues the next couple of weeks for me will be spent on the phone tryin to talk haggle with the airlines and hotel chains.....

manike
02-22-2002, 10:43 AM
excellent news Virus, we ought to start a list of confirmed attendants. Maybe we could all get shirts made by Ed Weird or something for the evening...

manike

thecavemankevin
02-22-2002, 12:07 PM
this is kinda funny. Can Shatner actually play ball? or will he be out there with a fazer?

i think he is in for a big disapointment "beam me up Scottie" "damn thing won't work?"