PDA

View Full Version : New ULE Bodies? How'd we all miss this?

skipdogg
12-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Looks like Gearhead paintball is releasing new Automag bodies.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dealers-forum/247082-gearheadz-paintball-helios.html

Flatliner333
12-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Is that an AL. cf TL body ? I feel like a trend setter sometimes :p

BigEvil
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
I hope that they have a really low price point.. because they don't look nearly as good as a AGD ule body. That feed neck is pretty awful.

BigEvil
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Is that an AL. cf TL body ? I feel like a trend setter sometimes :p

Cant be twist lock, it has detents.

knownothingmags
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I hope that they have a really low price point.. because they don't look nearly as good as a AGD ule body. That feed neck is pretty awful.

second.

Nobody
12-13-2013, 06:35 PM

lord almighty speaks the truth...

BTAutoMag
12-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Someone bring over a pic

Flatliner333
12-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah... Didn't notice that. Not knocking new products for Mags but aren't you supposed to try and improve on an existing product?

C_losjoker
12-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I am taking a wait and see before bashing. If you look at the 3 bodies side by side not all feedneck look the same. And is it me but Does the feedneck look like it's sitting on the outside/top? Kind of like the spyder necks. Maybe it's removable and you can do a cram and jam, which they make adapters for other markers I believe.

GoatBoy
12-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm somewhat confused as well.

The normal AGD ULE bodies have that big block in the middle to presumably support the threading of feednecks. And detent.

I guess this thing has the feed neck welded on? If it's not welded, then it's... milled?

I kind of wish anyone designing a new body would like... do it right, from scratch... and not inherit all the legacy design flaws.

Frizzle Fry
12-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. Ugly ULE with weird feedneck? I don't see why anyone would have an issue putting a cram 'n jam on a ULE - there are adapters made. It looks like it has a twistlock retention pin built into the body or something - look carefully at the black one in the background of the picture, just beneath the detent, you can sort of see it on the front one too. Maybe a 3rd detent? Some kind of new twistlock barrel that nobody will make or embrace? Perhaps you modify your existing barrel to account for the detents?

All I can say is those feednecks remind me of the terrible plastic rings on the old USI Raider, which makes me wonder if there's an ugly weld hiding underneath.

C_losjoker
12-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Who makes cram and jam adapter for ule bodies, angel threading?

Frizzle Fry
12-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Who makes cram and jam adapter for ule bodies, angel threading?

Action Markers did... Then I made a few, then I think Doc or somebody did for a while. Then there are the universal ones that mounted to the little stubs you use for warpfeeds and q-loaders.

C_losjoker
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd like to have a cram and jam that can be used with ule cf or warp body and can ano too. I don't think it's welded, she mentioned things coming back from ano. Would welding give you different color results on that area?

If you look at the picture that's build marker. You can see that there is no detent on that side, round smooth.

GoatBoy
12-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't think it's welded, she mentioned things coming back from ano. Would welding give you different color results on that area?

That also was a bit of confusion. Being the literalist that I am -- she never mentioned *what* was coming back from anno. Wasn't necessarily the body. (Just like nowhere did the post mention "ULE".)

For all we know, that could be a painted steel body with anodized aluminum accents.

TyeStick
12-13-2013, 11:56 PM
I hope nothing on that body is Angel threaded. It's getting harder and harder for me to locate angel threaded detents. I'd rather not have to order my detents every time I need them from a online shop. Cheaper more available detents would be a huge win in my book. Maybe autococker threaded detents?

El Zilcho
12-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Video up.

Per the video:

Aluminum body
accepts CCM threaded feedneck
AC threaded barrel
AC detents

luke
12-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I see several machining advantages in this design over the way AGD executed their design.

luke
12-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I do find one thing curious though, does the feed neck have some kind of sleeve around the base?

blackdeath1k
12-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Per the video. Ugly ugly feed neck.

Sniper Steve
12-14-2013, 01:11 AM
here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI

knownothingmags
12-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Per the video. Ugly ugly feed neck.

I think more could have been done in this area for sure. :(

koleah
12-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Read through the comments there, they answer some feedneck and other related questions there.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dealers-forum/247082-gearheadz-paintball-helios.html

Frizzle Fry
12-14-2013, 03:32 AM
All I can say is those feednecks remind me of the terrible plastic rings on the old USI Raider, which makes me wonder if there's an ugly weld hiding underneath.

There is a sleeve that covers up a welding point.

Called it.

Unnaceptable on a Phantom clone in 1992, unacceptable today.

Frizzle Fry
12-14-2013, 03:35 AM
And I have to add, CCM threads, really?

If you're screwing in to something, Angel seems to be the most common thread pattern in the industry. Anything other than a clamp-on feedneck seems a step backwards.

TyeStick
12-14-2013, 03:55 AM

going_home
12-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

:confused:

Nobody
12-14-2013, 07:11 AM
i am working on something about the feednecks, so i can take care of the feednecks. that's all i can say right now other than it maintains the angel threads, so its a retrofit for older guns and available for newer.

there is nothing about the bodies on their website, a little disconcerting, with just the "press releases" on MCB. i don't know. i love the fact that someone is seeing that the mag community is still alive and wanting to make parts, but why just there on MCB?

Laku
12-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

:confused:

Everything is cocker threaded. That's a small plus if you think about options in detents and feednecks.

Patron God of Pirates
12-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Props to Gearhead for making these. Not a fan of the feed necks or the plastic covers for them, but the way I see it any company deciding there is enough of a market place to do this is a good thing. Very curious about the price point.

OPBN
12-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Unless these are super cheap I don't get it. Some real odd aspects as mentioned above. Wondering who they got feedback/input from considering they never posted anything ahead of time. Seems like you would poll your target audience before investing in something like this.

Patron God of Pirates
12-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Unless these are super cheap I don't get it. Some real odd aspects as mentioned above. Wondering who they got feedback/input from considering they never posted anything ahead of time. Seems like you would poll your target audience before investing in something like this.

Yes and no. As a general rule consumers want what they get rather than getting what they want. Probably not the case with niche markets like automags. The price point is really important here. If this thing isn't markedly cheaper than a ULE body then it's kind of pointless. If it's considerably cheaper than it has the potential to expand the Mag market a bit by offering lower cost access to features people want.

OPBN
12-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes and no. As a general rule consumers want what they get rather than getting what they want. Probably not the case with niche markets like automags. The price point is really important here. If this thing isn't markedly cheaper than a ULE body then it's kind of pointless. If it's considerably cheaper than it has the potential to expand the Mag market a bit by offering lower cost access to features people want.

I disagree. Knowing your market is very important. Some would argue that AGD most of all learned this lesson a few times. Producing something that people don't want is pointless. I can't imagine bringing something to market that I wasn't fairly certain was actually needed/wanted. More info is definitely needed.!

Patron God of Pirates
12-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I disagree. Knowing your market is very important. Some would argue that AGD most of all learned this lesson a few times. Producing something that people don't want is pointless. I can't imagine bringing something to market that I wasn't fairly certain was actually needed/wanted. More info is definitely needed.!

I agree but I could argue AGDs shortfall was failing to tell people what they wanted. lol.

barkingspider
12-14-2013, 11:32 AM
And I have to add, CCM threads, really?

If you're screwing in to something, Angel seems to be the most common thread pattern in the industry. Anything other than a clamp-on feedneck seems a step backwards.

Both these companies are near one another, if I was to guess I bet they have some type of working relationship. It seems that all these companies cross mingle a lot in Oregon.

C_losjoker
12-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I agree, someone coming out with something new or alternate for a mag is usually a plus. Really I don't think it's that ugly, need better pictures of the body itself.

My only concern is price and how can they be anodized.

Who's to say they don't have an automag, just happens that their friend had a better one that can rip.

Props to Gearhead for making these. Not a fan of the feed necks or the plastic covers for them, but the way I see it any company deciding there is enough of a market place to do this is a good thing. Very curious about the price point.

Chrome
12-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I kind of wish anyone designing a new body would like... do it right, from scratch... and not inherit all the legacy design flaws.

Sorry if I just missed it, or am forgetting something, but what specifically do you mean by legacy design flaws? Not trying to be argumentative; I really want to know. Given a completely clean slate, please clarify if you have time. Thank you!

GoatBoy
12-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Sorry if I just missed it, or am forgetting something, but what specifically do you mean by legacy design flaws? Not trying to be argumentative; I really want to know. Given a completely clean slate, please clarify if you have time. Thank you!

I didn't post it in this thread; it's kind of scattered in various other threads. Some of it is in the other "time for a new automag body" thread.

I hate feednecks (doubly true for threaded ones), prefer dual detents, don't see the need to actually cut barrel threads into the body, and I like bodies which are both warp compatible and vert/right feed at the same time.

I mean, Hell, if you're going to do something ugly, with plastic bits, you might as well go for max functionality.

OPBN
12-14-2013, 03:28 PM
So not so much flaws, but failures to live up to your warped idea of the perfect body?

knownothingmags
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
:rofl:
So not so much flaws, but failures to live up to your warped idea of the perfect body?

luke
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
From what I can see the design approach based on the lowest material costs possible and perhaps limited by machining equipment, however this is purely speculation.
Form follows function, materials and production approach.

GoatBoy
12-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Not perfect; just actually functional.

Functionality is all I care about (well, that and cost); everything else is your domain.

From what I can see the design approach based on the lowest material costs possible and perhaps limited by machining equipment, however this is purely speculation.
Form follows function, materials and production approach.

And that's where the rubber meets the road.

OPBN
12-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Not perfect; just actually functional.

Functionality is all I care about (well, that and cost); everything else is your domain.
But you said flaws. They are not inherent legacy flaws, just things that you don't like. You think threads in the body are not needed, so it's a flaw. You don't like feednecks, especially threaded feednecks so it's a flaw. Both items that I consider positives, as do most people. Just because something doesn't live up to your unique criteria doesn't make it flawed. AC threaded bodies are very functional. Threaded feednecks are very functional. Aluminum is lightweight and sturdy, functional. For that matter, with a simple adapter, you can even make CF ULE body warp ready. About the only item I agree with is that dual detents could and probably should be standard.

I personally think warpfeeds are pointless, therefore they must have legacy flaws. Did I do it right?

debruynda
12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks XMT, for making bodies that don't below goat (no offense goatboy) like this one.

debruynda
12-14-2013, 08:17 PM
But in all seriousness...Goat and OPBN, hug it out. I remember Goat at least from tunaball 7 and you didn't seem like a bad dude...can't we all agree that this body just plain does not make sense?

C_losjoker
12-15-2013, 12:51 AM
But in all seriousness...Goat and OPBN, hug it out. I remember Goat at least from tunaball 7 and you didn't seem like a bad dude...can't we all agree that this body just plain does not make sense?

nope, I don't agree. I like that both sides are round smooth lines all the way down. looking at the video, body does not look all that bad on there. if the price is lower than the AGD ule or any other body out there, and you were wanting to give people options id say mission accomplished. yeah the plastic sleeve is not looking the best and dual detents would be better, but would doing that add to the price?

Runamok
12-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Anyone have a center feed Phantom? There's your body design. Plastic sleeve and all. But if I were premiering a new body for Mags, I'd show off the body. Not someones paint sprayer. Highlight the features, smooth body lines,cocker detent(I agree with the dual dentents idea) and for the love of Mags. Say something about price point so even if you hate the feedneck you could see ,if cheap enough, doing your own feedneck mod.Compare yours to AGD's. Show customers why they would want to buy this.I've seen the ULE's since day one so I'm used to their appearance and I've even done my own dual detent mods. I've put a phantom stock class feed on a ULE Mag pistol. Unless these will be uber-cheap why mess with it. If the price is right You could hack one up trying mod.s and not loose to bad if it goes wrong.

GHPBwoman
12-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Hello all - this is Crystal from Gearheadz Paintball. Glad to see our video & limited information (I know, we've been releasing small info in batches as we near release - more info will be coming in the next few days) have made it over here!

Unfortunately, we are a small shop and I head much of the forum stuff (as well as the billing, running the showroom, keeping the guys working, etc.) and haven't had much time to push the information to all of the forums out there - we are most active on MCB because that is the place we have gotten the most feedback from the widest portion of our customers over the years so that tends to be the place we drop info first. I apologize if you all were disappointed it wasn't dropped here first, but as I haven't been active on this forum, I didn't want to just sign up and spam information here - as a long time forum user, I hate it when companies do that myself.

A little information on the bodies: They are aluminum, they are similarly weighted to the ULE bodies (I believe it is a 0.1 oz difference, ours being the heavier of the two), the feedneck is CCM threaded and will be available in the less expensive press-in feedneck OR CCM clamping feedneck. The body takes a single Cocker detent, and takes cocker barrels. The price point will be released shortly, but it will be a more affordable option for people looking for something lightweight.

We have been developing these bodies under-wraps for over a year. And as was speculated, yes, we do have a shop-Mag that we've played around with these on, but one of our sponsored players had a much prettier marker and was kind enough to loan it to us for the video.

Thank you all for your input and feedback. We appreciate all of it.

Nobody
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
bout time you people came here...

BigEvil
12-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks for taking your time to come here and post.

I asked a question over on MCB regarding if these bodies have the steel ring and c clip inside to protect them from the spring and bolt that all of the agd aluminum bodies have.

Hello all - this is Crystal from Gearheadz Paintball. Glad to see our video & limited information (I know, we've been releasing small info in batches as we near release - more info will be coming in the next few days) have made it over here!

Unfortunately, we are a small shop and I head much of the forum stuff (as well as the billing, running the showroom, keeping the guys working, etc.) and haven't had much time to push the information to all of the forums out there - we are most active on MCB because that is the place we have gotten the most feedback from the widest portion of our customers over the years so that tends to be the place we drop info first. I apologize if you all were disappointed it wasn't dropped here first, but as I haven't been active on this forum, I didn't want to just sign up and spam information here - as a long time forum user, I hate it when companies do that myself.

A little information on the bodies: They are aluminum, they are similarly weighted to the ULE bodies (I believe it is a 0.1 oz difference, ours being the heavier of the two), the feedneck is CCM threaded and will be available in the less expensive press-in feedneck OR CCM clamping feedneck. The body takes a single Cocker detent, and takes cocker barrels. The price point will be released shortly, but it will be a more affordable option for people looking for something lightweight.

We have been developing these bodies under-wraps for over a year. And as was speculated, yes, we do have a shop-Mag that we've played around with these on, but one of our sponsored players had a much prettier marker and was kind enough to loan it to us for the video.

Thank you all for your input and feedback. We appreciate all of it.

Frizzle Fry
12-15-2013, 12:52 PM
The price point will be released shortly, but it will be a more affordable option for people looking for something lightweight.

Can you say that it will be under $100 for the more expensive of the two models?

Beemer
12-15-2013, 10:05 PM

I asked a question over on MCB regarding if these bodies have the steel ring and c clip inside to protect them from the spring and bolt that all of the agd aluminum bodies have.

Post 21 on MCB facepalm

The bodies include a stainless steel spring buffer and stainless steel front frame screw lug.

luke
12-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Post 21 on MCB facepalm

That was posted after the question was ask twice. ;)

dodge3500
12-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm semi interested but price will have to be low enough for me to forget buying ule.I think new ule is 140$ so for me to bite I'm thinking 85 to 95$ on a new body .I would need more input from folks like Luke or Xmt for their final thoughts on this product if they say good price and quality I would help support the product.:-) we all know that those 2 know their stuff :-)

BigEvil
12-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Post 21 on MCB facepalm

Thanks. I did not see it

Sk8ermog
12-16-2013, 09:08 AM
All in all we have to say this is kind of exciting for the AO community. What other marker that is 20+ years old has new products being developed for it like an automag? Any addition to the longevity of this amazing marker that we have created this community around is an asset in my books. If you get down to the brass tax of things then yes the price, quality and design all play a huge part in the success of this product. Just want to be the cheerleader for GearHeadz for going out on a limb and creating something that will eventually add to our community in one way or another. Just like Luke, Rogue, XMT, Doc, Rainman, and so many other great machinist and fabricators have done for us over the years.

So good on you GearHeadz for making a new automag body. Can't wait to see it available for purchase.

Crystal thank you for joining our forum of automag enthusiast. We can be a rough crowd sometimes, but we appreciate what you guys are doing. Also you were very helpful when I bought some of your Empire Spring Feed adapters a few months ago. So thank you.

GHPBwoman
12-16-2013, 11:11 AM

As noted above, yes. Sorry that I haven't been on to answer your question directly, but glad you got the answer anyway. :)

Can you say that it will be under $100 for the more expensive of the two models?

I can't say exactly until it is officially announced since as in all things the pricing isn't set in stone until it's posted for sale. But, we are keeping that general region of amounts of monies in mind, while still being able to pay production costs and keep the lights on.

And thank you for the warm note, Sk8ermog. We are players, not just business owners, and I don't play around when I tell people that Keith and I will not produce & put our name on a product that we wouldn't play with ourselves. Most of our product development comes out of demand in our local scene where pump, classic Cockers and Mags are seeing a huge revival. I'd have to count, but I'm pretty sure we have more classics hanging on the sale wall in our showroom than we have new out of the box markers right now. We love seeing the old markers coming back onto the field, and are happy to be among a growing community of players and companies who are active in supporting those platforms.

I know our products aren't going to be a perfect fit for everyone, and that's ok. I only ask anyone who doesn't support us to find a company whose products, services and staff you can get behind - and give them your money. We work with and are constantly inspired by companies and players all over the paintball industry, and all those other little mom 'n pop shops need to keep afloat as well so that we can continue to be challenged and encouraged by them.

skipdogg
12-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Any chance you will be at Living Legends this year?

C_losjoker
12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Will there be pricing with or without feedneck? Can we get more pictures of the body, around the weld on the neck?

I am excited to see new products and I can see myself picking one up. Any hints on other mag products you guys are coming out with?

GoatBoy
12-16-2013, 12:27 PM
But you said flaws. They are not inherent legacy flaws, just things that you don't like. You think threads in the body are not needed, so it's a flaw. You don't like feednecks, especially threaded feednecks so it's a flaw. Both items that I consider positives, as do most people. Just because something doesn't live up to your unique criteria doesn't make it flawed. AC threaded bodies are very functional. Threaded feednecks are very functional. Aluminum is lightweight and sturdy, functional. For that matter, with a simple adapter, you can even make CF ULE body warp ready. About the only item I agree with is that dual detents could and probably should be standard.

You're sort of missing/confusing multiple points. For example, removable feednecks are useful. But they don't need to be threaded to be useful -- look at BT markers. You're confusing "removable" and "threaded". Threaded feednecks are a legacy design problem. We can't get away from it because that's how everybody does it.

Cocker threaded barrels are useful. But you don't literally need to carve the threads into the body. So you're confusing the utility of cocker threads with the need to actually carve them into the body. We can't seem to get away from it because that's how everybody does it.

Warp feed... you can only get AGD or PTP (yikes) bodies with real warp feed. Nobody else makes those bodies, I'm not sure anybody else ever really did... not sure if I could call that a legacy issue...

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that there's not a lot of functional advantage I'm seeing here.

So what will remain to see is cost -- if they decide to make it (more) affordable, which I do agree with. You'll have to pardon my distrust as most aftermarket mag parts of this scale have anything *but* affordability in mind.

Thought just popped into my mind after getting caught up on other threads... Given what I think are the construction methods for this body, I wonder if it would be possible to offer the un-welded, un-cut (no feed hole, or at least the option to specify feed hole) body blanks for tinkerers. Depends on how the steel ring and front grip frame screw are implemented.

Oh, and are these going to be pump milled?

C_losjoker
12-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Goayboy,

So how would you have the feedneck and barrel stay on, pressing them in? That's how everyone was doing them, until customers were having hell of a time getting them off. If that is how BT is doing them I don't they it's better, just cheaper. I'd think less time milling equal less cost for the company but same mark up more money.

GoatBoy
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
So how would you have the feedneck and barrel stay on, pressing them in? That's how everyone was doing them, until customers were having hell of a time getting them off. If that is how BT is doing them I don't they it's better, just cheaper. I'd think less time milling equal less cost for the company but same mark up more money.

The BT feedneck is basically a picatinny accessory. It's very solid yet easy to completely remove and swap out for the spring feed or a Rip Clip. I really like it; only problems are it's right feed; no vertical or warp feed options.

Barrels you have options. I'd go with a plastic mag2cocker adapter if you want something threaded, and if you were clever, you produce multiple threaded adapters for different barrel types.

Again, if their intent was to make this an affordable entry into aluminum bodies, that's fine... We'll have to see how affordable these are, and how they accomplished it exactly...

OPBN
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM
You're sort of missing/confusing multiple points. I'm not confusing anything. You named feednecks and threaded bodies as legacy design flaws. I'm pointing out that just because you have some interesting viewpoints regarding them, doesn't make them design flaws.

MAGgot
12-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Interesting. I thought I'd be the one bringing these to market.
These were originally designed for a friend/ local field owner to upgrade his rental fleet to Automags. They're good bodies for the price point we planned to sell them at, not sure what GHPB is going to sell them for.

Here's mine.
http://www.otterpaintball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SDC16552.jpg
http://www.otterpaintball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SDC16553.jpg

Runamok
12-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Just tell me how much($) and when.Then I'll post a review/opinion.Damn I'm a Mag Whore and this is a new product. Advertising could have been better,and AO would be my chose of launching point(just because we are Automag!). But I'll give a new body a shot,WTH I can't seem to find a Daralla. :cry: Lets give gearhead a chance, then offer USEFUL comments so they can see how things can go. And if we can't add Useful ideas we all need to shut up including myself!

blackdeath1k
12-17-2013, 06:45 PM
True. Any way to get the price point down on what looks like a new age mag to the general folk could be good.

vintage
12-17-2013, 07:06 PM
anything to generate more interest in automags is useful.

Frizzle Fry
12-17-2013, 07:42 PM
If the "high end" model with the nice feedneck is around $85 (the low-end of a used ULE pricerange) I will concede that this product has its place on the market, otherwise I just can't see it.

My big issue with it is the feedneck. Welding is a way to bring down costs, but it seems like a copout, and the "hide the flaws with plastic" routine is tired. Even if you get over the looks it, it's still a very tall feedneck, like the old stovepipes of the late 90s and early 2000s... Those were a necessity with old loader technology and higher BPS caps, and while some people still like them, it's pretty clear that most people these days would rather go with the lowest profile possible for their feedneck, and what's being offered here is far from it.

Nobody
12-17-2013, 07:43 PM
with a slightly better look, they look cheap to me(yeah i know, bashing products that do the community good). there is nothing to them(which is good because of the expensive), but it seems that at least some thought could have been put forth to at least do something to the esthetics of it. sure, its no Dallara and it wasn't supposed to be, but still, i think we could asked for more than a tube, with a plastic 90* for the feedneck.

C_losjoker
12-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Still bring yours out, like everyone said. Having more options is never a bad thing.

Interesting. I thought I'd be the one bringing these to market.
These were originally designed for a friend/ local field owner to upgrade his rental fleet to Automags. They're good bodies for the price point we planned to sell them at, not sure what GHPB is going to sell them for.

Here's mine.
http://www.otterpaintball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SDC16552.jpg
http://www.otterpaintball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SDC16553.jpg

MAGgot
12-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Still bring yours out, like everyone said. Having more options is never a bad thing.

I was going to be buying these from the person that is making these for GHPB (with my friend, who these were originally made for, as the middle man). They're the exact same product. I will only move forward with the deal if GHPB's markup is absurd.

C_losjoker
12-17-2013, 09:31 PM
As someone said, same thing as a phantom feedneck. A and those seem to do just fine with everyone, don't hear people complain about the feedneck on those. If the price for this body with neck or no neck of your choice is below ule, this is going to be a great thing for us. I myself don't think the plastic around the neck is that bad, of course I look at function and cost over looks because all my markers will get used.

Frizzle Fry
12-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Seems they're being made by CCI... Why not the newer style feedneck with the stockfeed option?

Patron God of Pirates
12-18-2013, 10:23 AM
I actually like the look of the body. Sort of a No-Hump ULE. The plastic bugs me, but you could always remove it and go with a powder coat instead of anno. Would nice to see a raw body made available since we MAG folk are going to change everything anyway.

GHPBwoman
12-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't a big enough Confidentiality Agreement to cover forums on the internet, so much of the speculation on this and other threads will not be addressed.

As on several (not all) of our products, the Helios has been touched by many hands behind the scenes. We strive to bring quality and affordability to our customers without making many mistakes, and we are blessed that we have several company owners and players across the U.S. who are willing to work with us on developing projects. We are a small company seeking stability, longevity and profitability in a wildly unpredictable market and so yes, we absolutely do work closely with companies and individuals who have incredible stability, longevity and (we hope) profitability in our industry.

The Helios Automag body is a Gearheadz Paintball, LLC product line and we are proud to have it under our company name. At this time there are not plans to wholesale this product to other retailers. Any retailer interested in resale of this or any other Gearheadz product can always contact me at [email protected] to see if that is an available option, but as of the time of this writing the Helios is not slated for distribution beyond the Gearheadz Paintball showroom and website.

I apologize for any misinformation, and encourage anyone with questions about the Helios to contact our shop directly by e-mail ([email protected]) or by phone (503)547-0888 or by stopping by our showroom in Hillsboro, Oregon.

A product FAQ should be up and available later today, along with pricing. As soon as pricing is officially announced the Helios bodies will be available for sale in our showroom, and I expect them to be available on our online pro-store no later than Friday.

debruynda
12-18-2013, 01:01 PM
nope, I don't agree. I like that both sides are round smooth lines all the way down. looking at the video, body does not look all that bad on there. if the price is lower than the AGD ule or any other body out there, and you were wanting to give people options id say mission accomplished. yeah the plastic sleeve is not looking the best and dual detents would be better, but would doing that add to the price?

Reasonable minds can disagree:)

I don't see what is so essential about the low cost argument other than it is a way of saying "I wouldn't pay a lot for it because I don't think it is that great", maybe I am wrong, but that was my instinctual reaction to the price point argument. Since this new design is most like the ule body in appearance the price point makes even less sense when you can find used ule bodies in good shape from 100-120 with and without clamping feednecks.

To echo what others have said, I don't see why switching to ccm threads for the feednecks and cocker threads for the detents is a good idea. I suppose finding compatible necks/detents would be no more difficult than angel threaded variants but in the same thought I don't understand why the change?

And the plastic covering instead of anno? What's with that?

I don't have the will to argue every observation or question I have raised because I rarely invest my ego in my opinions but for what it's worth (my guess is less than two cents due to quantitative easing) I don't like the look of this body. Maybe that will change as often something will grow on me but right now that's where I am at.

GHPBwoman
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Our FAQ is up and the listing on the web is live. The product is in our pro-shop HERE (http://www.gearheadzpb.com/index.php/pro-shop#!/~/product/category=2902036&id=32363445)
FAQ is under Resources on www.Gearheadzpaintball.com (http://gearheadzpb.com/index.php/resources/frequently-asked-questions).

robertreed711
12-18-2013, 10:08 PM
So

$80 for the body
$12 for the detent
$26 for the feedneck

Just my $.02 but I don't see these selling too well at those prices.

TimmyJay
12-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Still can't figure out the plastic around the feedneck, must have missed the post explaining why. Another round body? Good thing there are enough collectors out there to buy up the initial stock. Valve caps and aluminum classic valve bodies seem to be better products to get on the market.:)

GoatBoy
12-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Notables are:

* Threaded insert for the steel ring -- kind of an interesting idea
* Stainless steel screw lug

Front grip frame screw hole in the pictures appears to be cut right through instead of a blind hole like on the AGD ULE's. Kind of looks like a stainless 10-32 weld nut, but there's probably a little more going on inside. Steel won't survive the anno process though...

Call me crazy, but I'd pay $80 for one that didn't have the detent cut or the feed neck welded on, and were hollowed in the chamber area to allow a TL adapter. And you know, if you wanted to carve a warp-left D-slot in the body instead, that'd be even better. Less work for you, less re-work for me...

The "value add" here is the CCM feed neck threading... which I don't really think adds that much value.

MAGgot
12-18-2013, 10:49 PM
I think these should sell well at $80. As previously noted, CCI makes these and I'm pleased with mine, they are well made. One thing definitely worth mentioning is that while these accept cocker detents, only a couple of brands actually fit. Notice how the body is rounded where the detent screws in (AGD's bodies are flattened where the detent screws in), you need a very deep detent to reach all the way into the breech. I recommend buying their detent if you don't have several brands at home to try on.

Frizzle Fry
12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Initially I said "$80, woohoo, they get it" - then I noticed it didn't include detents or even the simple/basic feedneck. :(

For that money just buy a used ULE.

need4reebs
12-19-2013, 12:25 AM
well since tha feed necks are CCM threaded there is a very nice option for a CCM threaded adapter to use w/a BT spring feed:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ranch30/2013-08-08194755_zps57a1a56c.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/ranch30/media/2013-08-08194755_zps57a1a56c.jpg.html)

looks like it wouldn't sit too high either:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ranch30/DSC_1176_zps23150cd1.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/ranch30/media/DSC_1176_zps23150cd1.jpg.html)

nice lil option for either a pump or pistol mag.

BigEvil
12-19-2013, 07:56 AM
well since tha feed necks are CCM threaded there is a very nice option for a CCM threaded adapter to use w/a BT spring feed:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ranch30/2013-08-08194755_zps57a1a56c.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/ranch30/media/2013-08-08194755_zps57a1a56c.jpg.html)

looks like it wouldn't sit too high either:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ranch30/DSC_1176_zps23150cd1.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/ranch30/media/DSC_1176_zps23150cd1.jpg.html)

nice lil option for either a pump or pistol mag.

OR, and Empire clamping feedneck, which IMO is pretty awesome.

need4reebs
12-19-2013, 10:30 AM
OR, and Empire clamping feedneck, which IMO is pretty awesome.

yeah those are pretty nice man!!! there is a lot of possibilities from this body…and this is their first Mag product…you can definitely expect some nice goodies in tha future from these guys…since they listen to what people are asking for.

i was reading thru this thread and man its got to be pretty intimidating to try and make a new Niche product since everyone wants something different. they did a good job yo!!!

Big Evil are you working on anything new right now?

Patron God of Pirates
12-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Just bought one. The price is right IMO. Lets me put the final touches on a project that I didn't want to pour to much money into.

C_losjoker
12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I have to say I was hoping for 80 or so with neck and detent.

Initially I said "$80, woohoo, they get it" - then I noticed it didn't include detents or even the simple/basic feedneck. :(

For that money just buy a used ULE.

Frizzle Fry
12-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe, being that it' produced by CCI, a later model will use the new-style Phantom feedneck mount which allows for centerfeed or "true" stockclass (which this doesn't)?

I imagine with the feedneck stub manufacturing, tapping and welding out of the picture, it would be cheaper to producr - instead you're just drilling and tapping a single hole.

GoatBoy
12-19-2013, 04:51 PM

Sits way higher than I would personally like.

In any event, can someone educate me on how these feednecks are attached on the CCM guns themselves? The green bit in this photo... that's screwed into the body, right?

BLachance75
12-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes the green part is screwed into the body. It uses 2 screws, like a Spyder, then a feedneck threads into that.

I would have preferred this style of feedneck or a single screw type adaptor like CCI uses.

I'd rather wait it out and buy a used ULE body for about the same price.

GoatBoy
12-19-2013, 08:31 PM

So what we have here would be a green feed neck adapter screwed into the body, and then the silver neck thingy screwed into that, then another thingy to go from threads to no-threads, and then the empire spring feed housing itself to get to the spring feed.

These are all well crafted solutions to a problem which *never should have existed in the first place*.

The greatest irony is that we have feed necks because paintball started with tube feeds to begin with. In the days of stick feeds, it made sense. Tube goes into tube, fine. But then someone decided to stick a motor oil can or something on the feed neck, and *POW* feed necks as structural components. And we still haven’t managed to ditch this completely legacy contraption. It’s a vestigial holdover from the bad old days. And now to get a tube feed back onto the gun, you’ve got to go through 4 different parts.

The curious design matter here is the fact that someone took a look at what CCM was doing, and decided to replicate… the feed neck threads!?

Why not replicate the two-hole body mounting system, or something similar to that?! The bodies probably won’t be the same diameter, but that’s a minor issue.

You already solved the same exact problem on the BOTTOM of the body, where it is mounted to the rail/grip frame. Just solve it again on the top around the feed hole. Just like CCM did. Just like Spyder did. Just like BT did.

The customer can still have a retarded feedneck if that’s his desire (and it will likely be lower profile). If not, it’s nearly completely removable. And far easier to make other feed accessories for. Like, say, a direct spring feed housing that doesn’t literally require 3 other pieces to attach and still sits more than an inch higher than necessary anyways.

Instead, what you now have is a weld job that you can’t even bear to look at, so you cover it up with plastic, and a non-removable feedneck stump that sits like 1” above the body by itself? When did high-rise bodies come back in style?

I like the fact that someone is trying to do an affordable aluminum mag body.

But they clearly didn’t clean-slate this one. "Let's just do one like the others, but cheaper."

going_home
12-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I think they were going for inexpensive more than anything and without the square part the ULE has theres no way to mount a feedneck, thus the welded piece.

If they had made it without an inexpensive way to mount a feedneck their potential customer base would have been almost non existent.

I personally wouldnt buy a body I couldnt mount a feedneck to, I see a feedneck as a necessity not an impediment.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say almost all Automag enthusiasts that would consider buying a ULE or one of these bodies will agree with me, a feedneck is not a problem.

To the contrary, no feedneck would be a huge problem.

goodjob

MAGgot
12-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Goatboy, you have either failed to read the previous posts, or don't care to.
These were designed to make the ultimate rental fleet, low cost was a main objective. GHPB bought the extras from the manufacturer, threaded the necks, and is selling them on the cheap.

Nobody
12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
all in all, until these bodies are released to the public, so that we can all get a good look at them, i.e. see the feedneck, see the actual fit and finish, and basically have it in the hands of a mag person who knows what you are looking at and can translate what we think, into what we see, its all speculation. i'll totally agree that if they can beat the purchase price of a AGD ULE body, then they will sell. if not, then it falls into the realm of people wanting to find either Angel parts for the body versus cocker parts.

so everyone chill down and head back to your corners. no need to ruffle feathers or get into a dander over this. let us celebrate that there is an outside AGD source for mainbodies, something that we as a community haven't really had except for PTP. cause, i see this, not as a possible successor to the AGD ULE, but a supplement and if that supplement body actually does something in the market, then it could open up the eyes of other companies seeing that the AGD community is as alive as ever, and that we want products. i would love to see a CCM body, or Empire, or anyone else that stepped over and stepped by AGD.

Frizzle Fry
12-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Question... Can you break the weld on the feedneck, then drill/tap for Phantom style feedneck and stockclass feedblock?

need4reebs
12-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Question... Can you break the weld on the feedneck, then drill/tap for Phantom style feedneck and stockclass feedblock?

i heard that if you break tha weld on tha feed neck that another one will grow back….but i hear Krazy ShNiT lately…..haha

djinnform
12-20-2013, 01:58 AM
here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI

that new body shoots ropes!

Runamok
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire? I could force feed a classic stick right body and shoot 30 bps. I don't want to spend that much time re-loading everything. A body alines the valve and barrel together,if you want one buy it . If you want to nit pick Don't! Buy it, Build it, shoot it. Then gripe! I have a classic RT that suffers from pre-mature ejaculation and projectile vomiting. ie, when I air it it shoots when I shoot it it won't stop. It's a on/off pin issue(I think) I'm not that worried about it. I'll fix it when I can,or want to. The body is not the issue. Gearhead has offered us this product, I'm going to get one after the new year and play around with it. I may even rip the feed off and throw a stock class Phantom feed to it, then put my X-valve behind it. 20 bps, reload each 1/2 sec. Ye Ha so fun, no wonder I play mostly pump anymore. BTW when was the last time anyone offered a new Mag part? GH is trying. Lets help. next might be an Alum. classic valve. Wouldn't that be cool or they might turn their hand at a Alum. Sydarm body and shave ten pounds of a Sydarm. Or they might re-vamp the field strip screw! He... I drilled and tapped a AM/MM rail to take RT sight rail and forgrip mount, Why not?

dodge3500
12-20-2013, 07:00 PM
I think the new body with a detent and a clamping feedneck is just about 112$, a ule is 140$ I think new without a clamping feedneck. I just may grab one up after the first of the year.A company comming out with new parts for mags is sweeet.(in Darth Vader voice)DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A MAG.:-)

knownothingmags
12-20-2013, 08:45 PM
OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire?

some mm2k9 bodies. :rofl:

TimmyJay
12-21-2013, 01:57 AM
I was thinking... Could the plastic piece be replaced with carbon fiber or aluminum?

Fred
12-21-2013, 10:23 AM
After shooting Phantoms for years, with lots of abuse, if these bodies are coming from Mike Casady's shop I would not doubt their durability.

I don't see why you couldn't get a carbon cap made, but it'd be pricey. Same with aluminum.

Personally I like the minimalism of the design, but, I wouldn't swap one out over a ULE.

Patron God of Pirates
12-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Just got mine in. Looks great. Black on black makes in next to impossible to notice the plastic unless you're looking for it. Props to Gearhead on both the quick turn time and the packaging. The later being a big plus considering how I've been receiving paintball items lately. I'll post picks when I get it on a marker.

GHPBwoman
12-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Glad you got yours in so quickly, Patron. Even with priority, ship times are sketch this time of year so I'm glad it didn't get stuck somewhere.

A big thank you all who have ordered a Helios body! We have 2 black and 2 red bodies left as of this morning. Although our shop will be closed for the holiday through New Year's Day (closing up tonight at 7pm PST for a week off), if you order a Helios I will be making special trips to get them shipped within 48 hours of purchase.

Once we are sold out, we will not be getting more bodies in until sometime in January.

Frizzle Fry
12-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey PGOP, mind if I swing by at some point with my calipers and check out that body?

Runamok
12-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Friz, take your calipers and make me a Sydarm body.

going_home
12-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Dont need calipers for that....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080715083325/uncyclopedia/images/8/89/Poof.gif

You're now a Sydarm body !

;)

Frizzle Fry
12-25-2013, 06:19 AM

Mentok!

Syko89
12-25-2013, 06:27 AM
some mm2k9 bodies. :rofl:

Am I the only one that got one that works.

OPBN
12-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.

knownothingmags
12-25-2013, 10:39 AM

mine works great.

knownothingmags
12-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.
sadly this a true statement.
bad threads take off.

Patron God of Pirates
12-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey PGOP, mind if I swing by at some point with my calipers and check out that body?

Sure thing. I'll send you a PM next time I'm home for any length of time. December Vacation week(s) is our second busiest time of the year so I'm open<->close at the Bowlaway until after the new year.

Frizzle Fry
12-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey that sounds fine, gotta make that money! Maybe I oughtta cruise down to Needham and get a few strings in.

Patron God of Pirates
12-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey that sounds fine, gotta make that money! Maybe I oughtta cruise down to Needham and get a few strings in.

Sounds good to me. Let me know when you're coming and I'll bring the body down.

Nobody
12-27-2013, 05:44 PM
this post is still useless without better pics of the body :nono:

so whoever got the body, needs to put some personally pics up so we can take a better look at these.

BigEvil
12-27-2013, 06:05 PM

I have news for you, all of them have issues. Some of them just work better than others, some not at all.

going_home
12-27-2013, 06:14 PM
I have news for you, all of them have issues. Some of them just work better than others, some not at all.

Don't tell anyone about 100 page long cocker body complaint thread on another forum, same manufacturer.

MANN
12-27-2013, 08:26 PM
for the record I tried to ask questions about the ptp bodies at the start, and was considered a "troll". I was told not to ask questions. I laugh every time someone brings them up. Sad thing is that tuna said ~10 years ago that ptp bodies were trash, and people never listened.

Runamok
12-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Well I'm still in for someone to try their hand at an Alum. Sydarm body. I have a S.S. top tube & a Sydarm if some one is willing to give it a try. Me and Knownothingmags had the same idea of a ule mini mag body about the same time I just didn't have mine cleaned down before KNM offered his (Made better) so I didn't say anything. No thunderstealing here. Now , someone gather up the guts and try a lighter Sydarm body and I'll help with all I got.I just don't have access to the machines. Lots of ideas no machines.

MAGgot
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Sad thing is that tuna said ~10 years ago that ptp bodies were trash, and people never listened.

Maybe they didn't listen because PTP had already built up over ten years worth of happy customers at that point in time (2003)? I've owned 50ish Micromags and never had a single one with the mythical "machining errors" that are brought up in nearly every thread that PTP is even mentioned. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it, and it has caused me to spend less time on this forum than I used to.

luke
12-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I remember talk in and around '92 about PTP having problems with quality, that was from shop and field owners along with players.
I do own a MM2K which worked pretty good after the LVL10 bolt was released.
I have the latest MM body but have never tested it.
One thing I always hated was the Benchmark grip frames.

OPBN
12-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Mine has worked flawlessly from the start.

Frizzle Fry
12-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Maybe they didn't listen because PTP had already built up over ten years worth of happy customers at that point in time (2003)? I've owned 50ish Micromags and never had a single one with the mythical "machining errors" that are brought up in nearly every thread that PTP is even mentioned. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it, and it has caused me to spend less time on this forum than I used to.

Agreed in full.

I know that some of the MM2K9s have issues, but it certainly isn't a majority of them that do. There were two issues with some of the 'cocker bodies, all of which were replaced gratis and in a timely manner considering the time spent adjusting the design, milling new bodies and anodizing them. In owning what amounts to over 100 Micromags (granted, some very briefly) the only issues I've had with original bodies were bolt stick with LVL10 bolts in markers that predate LVL10 by almost a decade, and some barrel threading issues which occurred circa 1992 when uniformity in "cocker threading" was at an all time low and PTPs tolerances were too tight to allow for some aftermarket barrels - owed probably to their close relationship with Bud Orr and WGP. I probably shouldn't mention how many products they developed in tandem with AGD, some marketed under their own brand and others sold by AGD directly.

MAGgot
12-27-2013, 10:37 PM
I remember talk in and around '92 about PTP having problems with quality, that was from shop and field owners along with players.
I do own a MM2K which worked pretty good after the LVL10 bolt was released.
I have the latest MM body but have never tested it.
One thing I always hated was the Benchmark grip frames.

Let's consider the Gen 1 Micromag's competition at its price range: high end pump markers and the Autococker - which was barely usable out of the box, until you upgraded the LPR and Barrel. The first generation Micromag, and Automag obviously, was ahead of its time.

I truly understand the frustration with the MM2k9, but the issues with that body have given many the false impression that Gen 2, 3, and 4 Micromags were somehow inferior.

luke
12-27-2013, 11:00 PM
My point was that they have had a bad rep as long as I can remember, hence my statement
"I remember talk in and around '92 about PTP having problems with quality, that was from shop and field owners along with players."so it really did not start with the MM2K9 bodies. I'm not bad mouthing PTP, I've personally had a pretty good experience with them. But I do remember explicitly what was being said about the company back then for very specific reasons that are not relevant now. :)

Nobody
12-27-2013, 11:59 PM
sorry, but can't this PTP talk be held in a different thread? i wouldn't mind some leeway in the post, but let's stick to gearheadz product, as that was what started this thread. :bounce:

TimmyJay
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
If new bodies are going to be milled... Can anyone confirm that the second run will have dual detents?

wd3d
12-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I got mine in today, threw it together and took a cell phone pic. . I did not buy the detent they were selling, because I had 3 new ones from different manufactures and all 3 are to short to function properly. I am wondering if this is going to be an issue finding ones to work. My feed neck is on it's ay from CCM ,they had them on sale so I picked up a few for different markers I have.
First impression is good. On the black body, you really even cant tell there is a plastic cover on the feed neck. My only concern at this point is the detent.

GHPBwoman
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM
CP detents work best without the o-ring installed. Installing them this way may also work with other brands. If you are worried about retention on the detent apply a single drop of ultra light hold thread locker (usually purple or #22, check your preferred brand for the correct type). If we get to the point where we produce a 2nd run, the detent hole may be spotfaced to allow a wider range of detents, and for the CP's and other brands to be used with orings.

With the above question of whether dual detents will be available, this is also something we are looking at if/when we get into a second manufacturing run if there is enough demand.

Frizzle Fry
01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
...I'm sorry, where's the outcry of "bad tolerances" or "lack of testing", this is AO right?

BTAutoMag
01-03-2014, 07:31 AM
we havnt bought any yet... just wait, it'll come.

TimmyJay
01-24-2014, 11:36 AM
So anyone buy one to give feedback? I would like to see what is under that plastic too.

Engineer86
01-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Just purchased a Red one online. I will let you know how it looks when I receive it and will also post some pictures.

Patron God of Pirates
01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
I have one on a project build that currently features a leaky classic valve. So I haven't been able to put any paint through it yet. I had the same issue with the detnets so I ordered a couple from Gearheadz and they fit fine. The finish on the anno is not super slick. It reminds me of a powder coat actually. The plastic cover for the feedneck is a non-issue IMO. You can only see it if you are looking for it. The only other thing that I have noticed is that it tends to want to keep my bolt spring when I pull the valve out. No idea why. It comes right out when I reach in a get a finger on it. I would say that so far, I have gotten what I paid for. I bought it as much to support the idea of modern lower end Mag stuff coming out as I did to fill a need.

wd3d
02-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Has anyone cut one of these for pump yet?

GHPBwoman
04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Just letting you folks all know that the Helios bodies are finally back in stock! We've got red and blue in right now, with Black on the way. I've got to get photos of the blue taken and up on the website.

We did listen to your feedback, and this run of bodies was spot-faced prior to anno to allow a wider range of cocker detents to be used. No price adjustment, still $79.95.

Sk8ermog
04-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Looking forward to seeing that blue one. I had a chance to get a close up look at one of these bodies and they look great. The plastic weld cover blends with the body very well. Excited to see how the new processes works with most cocker detents.

GHPBwoman
04-22-2014, 07:49 PM
I finally got some time to get the photo booth out today. Sorry for the delay, guys!

GHPBwoman
04-22-2014, 08:24 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/GHPBwoman/Helioscolorsfbnameplate_zps72d611b1.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/GHPBwoman/media/Helioscolorsfbnameplate_zps72d611b1.jpg.html)

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/GHPBwoman/Helios2_zps1aeceeba.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/GHPBwoman/media/Helios2_zps1aeceeba.jpg.html)

djinnform
04-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Pretty Cool. It would be great to see some pics with the CCM feednecks screwed in. And the detents. Aren't the AC detents longer?

knownothingmags
04-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I finally got some time to get the photo booth out today. Sorry for the delay, guys!

are you able to release the STL file for that plastic part around the threading for the feedneck,
so I can print the guys who buy one of those bodies a collet of color for them if they get a color besides black?

magman313
04-25-2014, 04:57 PM
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p517/magman313/CAM00214_zpsf8c4bbfe.jpg (http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/magman313/media/CAM00214_zpsf8c4bbfe.jpg.html)

pics with ccm feedneck and detent

MAGgot
04-26-2014, 10:01 PM
are you able to release the STL file for that plastic part around the threading for the feedneck,
so I can print the guys who buy one of those bodies a collet of color for them if they get a color besides black?

I think your best bet would be to email Mike at CCI

GHPBwoman
04-28-2014, 01:33 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - we're buried getting ready for SuperGame.

We do not have plans to release files for any of the parts associated with the Helios. We totally understand the desire to modify them (we love mods!), but the collar and all the other bits of the Helios are internally owned intellectual property.

GHPBwoman
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM
From our Facebook page - this marker featuring the Helios body and a CCM threaded press-in feedneck is being added to the SuperGame raffle this weekend.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/GHPBwoman/08ba92f4-1aef-42c9-bcb4-45673cdbe4bf_zps26ffa9ef.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/GHPBwoman/876493a0-31b5-46ec-8f97-4a0cf17f0b7d_zps8b330a7d.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/GHPBwoman/c72e8a2e-9ef3-4d6b-afb2-e6d570c6edcd_zps04b1c8a2.jpg

morningstar
04-28-2014, 06:52 PM
seeing that picture makes me wish I had waited for the next run that can take more types of detents