PDA

View Full Version : TL Ule?

Runamok
12-16-2013, 05:17 AM
I was looking at one of my ULE bodies and wondering if it could be machined to use a Twist lock barrel. Has anyone tried this?

Flatliner333
12-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I dont know why not. You would loose the use of the detent and there would be a hole in the body. I used a 1" diam. drill bit and a lathe to bore out the center for my new body.

blackdeath1k
12-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Only 2 potential issues I can see is thinning out the feed neck area too much to reliably hold the neck with the thinned out threading. Potential #2 is a loss of threading meat for the front screw that holds the whole marker together.

rukh013
12-16-2013, 12:08 PM
another problem, distance between steel washer/c-clip and milled out breech for TL barrels???

GoatBoy
12-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Only 2 potential issues I can see is thinning out the feed neck area too much to reliably hold the neck with the thinned out threading. Potential #2 is a loss of threading meat for the front screw that holds the whole marker together.

Yep.

If you pop open the AGD sluggo cad and take a look at it (DraftSight is free) you'll find that you'll lose the majority of the feedneck threads and some of the grip frame screw.

I wouldn't trust it.

blackdeath1k
12-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Yep.

If you pop open the AGD sluggo cad and take a look at it (DraftSight is free) you'll find that you'll lose the majority of the feedneck threads and some of the grip frame screw.

I wouldn't trust it.

I've got AutoCAD. But not that file. Either way. This isn't something I'm real concerned about. I just knew from pictures it didn't look like a lot of meat to start boring out for TL. If someone wants a AL TL body. They are going to have to design it themselves. Or shell out some cash for one to be made. And actually there is a pretty sweet one that was made a few months ago by a member here. He has a thread on hit AL TL classic RT.

Runamok
12-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys. It was something I was toying with but I had the same kinda feeling I'd be loosing too much material to make it work.