PDA

View Full Version : looking for Pred II / Mini Morlock Board or similar replacement.

flampaint
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Just got myself a used E-Mag frame for a project. The frame had a Mini Morlock in it which seems to be fried, so now I am looking for a Pred II or Mini Morlock Board to replace the fried one...

* Can anyone help me with this? (oh yeah. I'm in Germany and I'd obviously be more than willing to pay any shipping costs)

* Also, if anyone could let me know about any other board out there that'll work just as well (or better) and which wouldl fit in the frame, I'd be very thankful! :clap:

BTW: I don't plan on using eyes, hope that widesn my choices (wasn't really able find anything usable through Google)

Here's another post from me regarding this topic in the Tech-Forum:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?193084-E-Xmag-PredII-Mini-Morlock-install-guide&p=2847218#post2847218

Thanks a lot for any help or pointers you might have for me:bounce:

BTAutoMag
12-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Curt is doing a whole new run of boards. Pm BigEvil he's putting one in an emag right now. He'll get you the correct info

Ydna
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I saw your post in the Morlock install thread. Pretty cool that you ended up with that frame. I'm the guy that did the original installation in it, back in 2005. I bought the marker off eBay for $410 and it needed a new body so I bought that separate before doing the Morlock install. The next year I bought a new blue frame and rail from Luke here on AO. I wanted to build an electronic pneu-mag conversion using a different board and solenoid, and that's when I sold the original black Emag frame and rail. I remember it was a guy in europe but I don't know what he did with it...it didn't come with the body or valve so it was sold as a "project" parts kit for him to put together on his own.

Funny thing, I never once charged the batteries. When I bought the marker it came fully charged and had a charger cord with it, but I never used it. I sold the charger along with the frame/rail but who knows how long the original charge lasted :)

Anyway, your options for resurrecting the morlock install are pretty slim. Morlocks and the factory AGD boards are just about the only things that can function with the big 18v battery pack. There's a couple other common "multi-purpose" boards that are useful in other markers, but they only work with 9v batteries. Both the versions of Morlock boards are long since discontinued and unfortunately very hard to find on the secondhand market.
Like he said above, the guy that originally designed and sold the KM2 Morlock boards (Curt Hartung) is working on a newer board that would do the job for you, but it's not available as of yet. The other detail is once the new board is out, it won't be a direct drop-in for the wire harness you have. It wouldn't take a lot of work to rebuild the harness to fit the new board, but it's definitely something.

Good luck!

Ydna
12-18-2013, 11:37 PM
More pics!

edit....I see the forum automatically resized the pictures. I was intending them to be their original high-res versions (for what it's worth). if you want any of my pictures in their original state just drop me an e-mail.

BigEvil
12-19-2013, 08:06 AM
I have some Predator Morlocks im sitting on. PM me.

BTAutoMag
12-19-2013, 08:16 AM
or bigevils hording powers come into play, lol

flampaint
12-19-2013, 12:41 PM
I saw your post in the Morlock install thread. Pretty cool that you ended up with that frame. I'm the guy that did the original installation in it, back in 2005. I bought the marker off eBay for $410 and it needed a new body so I bought that separate before doing the Morlock install. The next year I bought a new blue frame and rail from Luke here on AO. I wanted to build an electronic pneu-mag conversion using a different board and solenoid, and that's when I sold the original black Emag frame and rail. I remember it was a guy in europe but I don't know what he did with it...it didn't come with the body or valve so it was sold as a "project" parts kit for him to put together on his own.

Funny thing, I never once charged the batteries. When I bought the marker it came fully charged and had a charger cord with it, but I never used it. I sold the charger along with the frame/rail but who knows how long the original charge lasted :)

Anyway, your options for resurrecting the morlock install are pretty slim. Morlocks and the factory AGD boards are just about the only things that can function with the big 18v battery pack. There's a couple other common "multi-purpose" boards that are useful in other markers, but they only work with 9v batteries. Both the versions of Morlock boards are long since discontinued and unfortunately very hard to find on the secondhand market.
Like he said above, the guy that originally designed and sold the KM2 Morlock boards (Curt Hartung) is working on a newer board that would do the job for you, but it's not available as of yet. The other detail is once the new board is out, it won't be a direct drop-in for the wire harness you have. It wouldn't take a lot of work to rebuild the harness to fit the new board, but it's definitely something.

Good luck!
Ha! That's so cool. When I bought that thing, I received it still with the original (car/12V) charger and a CD with your pictures on it. How about that?
Just pm'd BigEvil to see if I can get a board fron him. I would love to bring this frame back to life!
Pictures will follow if I manage to ressurect it! :headbang:
Thanks so much for all the input - very much appreciated!:clap:

BigEvil
12-19-2013, 03:01 PM
or bigevils hording powers come into play, lol

Im always collecting crap to build new crap with that never seems to get built. You gotta see the M240 Saw that I started and has been sitting there for 2 years untouched.