PDA

View Full Version : CounterStrike wont let me enter my Cd KEY!

-§on-
02-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Ok, I have installed and uninstalled about 6 times now and It is updated, but it wont let me enter in a key. So everytime I go to try to play it just kicks me out. (an Error comes up) What Can I do to fix it? How? I want to play bad!!! :eek: :(

ThePatriot
02-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Hey i can save you here....Ok listen up, you gotta go to start, run, then type in REGEDIT. Once you do this, go to the folder labeled HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then go to the software folder. After this scroll down and find the Valve Folder...then open up the counterstrike folder within valve...then open up the folder named settings...In the list that comes up on your right, look for the one named "Key"(they are in alphabetical order) This should have your cd key, or lack of one, so just double click KEY and then enter your cd key...i know this because i have to change my cd key like daily because im banned from SOOOOO many servers.

-§on-
02-22-2002, 04:39 PM
oOo your good. Thanks man. Im assuming you have the key generator as well, if you do can you send it to me?

ThePatriot
02-22-2002, 04:41 PM
I dont have a cd key generator...those dont work online. You have to have actual cd keys...the leader of my clan has like 1500 keys he has gotten off websites and stolen from people over the ages...he is my hookup.

-§on-
02-22-2002, 04:49 PM
oh ok....Well do you think you could send me a cd key? My friend uses the same one and cant play in the same servers and it kinda sucks....Also, I have version 1.3 and its all installed and now it says I STILL need to update.?

Restola
02-22-2002, 11:05 PM
one good thing about hacking sites...

go to www.myg0t.com and download the "quick cd key changer". knowing myg0t it probably steals your cd key, but at least youll be able to enter it.

[NA]WARLORD
02-23-2002, 10:35 PM
cd key generator wont work online, only for LAN events.