PDA

View Full Version : triple mag... restart/continue

knownothingmags
01-02-2014, 06:44 PM
so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

here is the test insert for the triple.
I printed it last night.
ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

-ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
-looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me :D or EP :D but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
-back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
-front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
-slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
-total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

yeah here is the video.
sorry for the shaking a moving so much.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/th_VID_20140102_112100_138_zps9c46dc3c.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/VID_20140102_112100_138_zps9c46dc3c.mp4)

as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

let me know what ya think.

Levi
01-03-2014, 02:37 AM
That's cool!

How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 03:03 AM
That's cool!

How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!
probably 3 revys for now.

as fast as the valves will shoot.
so for me probably 9 bps = 27pbs,
but if we could some how rt it 34.5 pbs =103bps. wont ever happen though.

its nice I screwed up the insert tonight by compressing it tohard while I was sealing the layers so it worped bad.
but to its defense I put a lot of pressure where there shouldn't have been that much.
reprint tomorrow.

Sk8ermog
01-03-2014, 05:07 AM
...3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

BTAutoMag
01-03-2014, 07:00 AM
about time!

bbotts77
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Very cool. Thanks for the update.

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 10:43 AM
:rofl:
Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

BTAutoMag
01-03-2014, 11:06 AM
the yub nub tripple mag

smilestyler
01-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I vote for the Star Wars theme!

Xmagterror
01-03-2014, 11:35 AM
so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

here is the test insert for the triple.
I printed it last night.
ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

-ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
-looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me :D or EP :D but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
-back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
-front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
-slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
-total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

yeah here is the video.
sorry for the shaking a moving so much.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/th_VID_20140102_112100_138_zps9c46dc3c.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/VID_20140102_112100_138_zps9c46dc3c.mp4)

as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

let me know what ya think.

Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine

will do. and it isn't possible to machine I can simple piece it and do it that way.

Flatliner333
01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?

Justus
01-03-2014, 12:47 PM
The triple rail is metallic - aluminum. The printed part is the insert below it where it will connect to a grip frame. (You have to watch the video to see it)

need4reebs
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM

6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage? :confused:

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?

man wouldn't that be nice. :D
the one I want is on 450,000EU lol

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 01:33 PM
6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage? :confused:

3 mpa3's with 6 total positions for set screws to hold each mpa3 in place.

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 01:38 PM
uh oh I think I might run out of filament. :(
we will just have to wait and see. time to buy some more rolls.

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
stock mount
video:
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/th_VID_20140103_105300_373_zps0ab05d28.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/VID_20140103_105300_373_zps0ab05d28.mp4)

BTAutoMag
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

nice work man, I'm Jelly

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 05:00 PM
I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

nice work man, I'm Jelly
not sure how many people would use a dye dam colapsable stock but I have one so ima use it.
otherwise, I would make more mounts for the back of am/mm rails for people, where the agd asa use to mount.

Patron God of Pirates
01-03-2014, 08:32 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?

knownothingmags
01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?

nope. it wouldn't be worth it the small amount of paint that it would hold. I have my ideas of what im going to do.
good idea though :D

Nobody
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM

negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.

need4reebs
01-03-2014, 10:59 PM
negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.

have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.

knownothingmags
01-04-2014, 01:06 AM
have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.

just don't want that setup right now.
yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)

knownothingmags
01-04-2014, 01:13 AM

this works I have printed it with a mini motor and an anti crush paddle so I don't break paint.
the idea is the motor alternates the tunnels that get fed, and I can feed up to 21.3 pbs to each tunel with the motor I hooked to it.
problem is I crushed the pieces running it over with the car after I let my son play with it.
and all the files for it are MIA.

+plus I don't care for it too much. I like it because I made it but it takes a lot to work properly.

front.
\|/
.|
.|
back

need4reebs
01-04-2014, 04:25 AM
just don't want that setup right now.
yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)

haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???:confused:

Nobody
01-04-2014, 01:00 PM
well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.

Patron God of Pirates
01-04-2014, 01:33 PM
well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.

Had that same thought so I tried it. Using a flat piece of plastic (from the bowling equipment) I tried to simulated simultaneous fire. Jammed up constantly. Usually only "fed" one breach, occasionally 2, sometimes none, and never 3 (after the first "shot").

However, using my fingers instead of the plastic, and "firing" in sequence rather than all at once, it worked beautiful.

Admittedly, Both of my simulations were dirt poor analogues. My thinking (which is moot because KNM is going another route) is that if you got the internal geometry right, and the tube length right, it could still work.

knownothingmags
01-04-2014, 01:46 PM
haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???:confused:

its fired.
just not assembled.

knownothingmags
01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this.

if we don't need a triple mag to test this please thread this idea in a different thread. ;):D
this mechanism wont be used on this build.

knownothingmags
01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
profile, tweeked and adjusted, almost ready just a few more adjustments.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/trimag_zps2b7977a1.png (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/thetoolishere/media/tripple%20dual%20mag/trimag_zps2b7977a1.png.html)

knownothingmags
01-06-2014, 06:07 PM
thanks goes out to need4reebs for helping me figure out some stuff on this build and making me see how much of a brick I was making this thing and complicating it.
new parts drawn now just waiting for approval that all the attributes I made can be machined.

+1 for starting over.

cant learn unless you make a few mistakes.

Syko89
01-06-2014, 06:11 PM
thanks goes out to need4reebs for helping me figure out some stuff on this build and making me see how much of a brick I was making this thing and complicating it.
new parts drawn now just waiting for approval that all the attributes I made can be machined.

+1 for starting over.

cant learn unless you make a few mistakes.

Need4reebs has been a great source of information for my build as well.

need4reebs
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

knownothingmags
01-16-2014, 03:55 PM
intro video show show my setup just to get it shooting.
horrific.
videos may need to buffer. so wait for it. or not its up to you.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/th_VID_20140116_122652_294_zps45d2630c.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/VID_20140116_122652_294_zps45d2630c.mp4)
video of it shooting, dry fire.
http://s741.photobucket.com/user/thetoolishere/media/VID_20140116_122825_354_zps1f9f9235.mp4.html
of course I have no air, just enough to get about 12 shots off(4)
if you notice there is a little ratcheting effect because one of the rams is longer then the other, so it contacts the coupler holding onto the three sears first. you can really hear it in the video but in person you sure can.
pretty fun to shoot.
now I can finalize my cads and get the aluminum milled,
so I can run the air lines the way I want.

Syko89
01-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Well done

knownothingmags
01-16-2014, 04:33 PM
ooh found a 13ci tank, it last about 10 seconds.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/th_M2U00012_zps425987a7.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/M2U00012_zps425987a7.mp4)

need4reebs
01-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Finally…haha…only 2 years later.:roll eyes:

knownothingmags
01-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Finally…haha…only 2 years later.:roll eyes:

many things take precedent over a fun project, that wont make me any money.:D
and I took the time to learn a skill by starting this project, CAD and such
no hack saws used here :ninja:
but then again I wouldn't use a hacksaw on a build like this.
but that's just me.

need4reebs
01-16-2014, 07:03 PM
many things take precedent over a fun project, that wont make me any money.:D
and I took the time to learn a skill by starting this project, CAD and such
no hack saws used here :ninja:
but then again I wouldn't use a hacksaw on a build like this.
but that's just me.

haha…wats wrong with a hack saw?

how much longer til its actually finished…another 2 years….haha?

just playing big Dawg….kinda

knownothingmags
01-16-2014, 07:29 PM
haha…wats wrong with a hack saw?

how much longer til its actually finished…another 2 years….haha?

just playing big Dawg….kinda

should be soon, depends on when I get the cads to XMT and his timeframe.
-trying decide what what barrels to use, ultralites freak bored or deadly winds 16"
-I need some profile help with two parts other then that cads are ready for machining.
-need to buy and on/off asa
-need to decide on a forgrip, cf or a style of gas thru, or just cad up a custom one.
-need luke to ule the inteliframe.
-need to buy 3 feednecks from ccm

looks like a lot, but isn't,
except for the cad help, I can get the rest done anytime. its just money.

nothing wrong with a hack saw :D

need4reebs
01-16-2014, 07:58 PM
should be soon, depends on when I get the cads to XMT and his timeframe.
-trying decide what what barrels to use, ultralites freak bored or deadly winds 16"
-I need some profile help with two parts other then that cads are ready for machining.
-need to buy and on/off asa
-need to decide on a forgrip, cf or a style of gas thru, or just cad up a custom one.
-need luke to ule the inteliframe.
-need to buy 3 feednecks from ccm

looks like a lot, but isn't,
except for the cad help, I can get the rest done anytime. its just money.

nothing wrong with a hack saw :D

oh shNit…so prolly 3 years eh…haha!

hack saw for life man!!! hurry up and git-er-done

Patron God of Pirates
01-16-2014, 08:12 PM
You should machine the rail so that the barrel aim converges on a single point 70 or so feet down range. Then the balls will hit each other creating a very long range shotgun effect! :P

Or, so that the outer barrels aim slightly away from each other, broadening your lanes.

Or, set up the sear striker so that the shots occur in sequence rather than simultaneously!

Or, put an APEX on each and dial the backspin differently on each.

Or, lol that's all I've got. Pumped to see this thing get finished. :shooting:

rukh013
01-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Or, lol that's all I've got. Pumped to see this thing get finished. :shooting:

genius... pump it

triple pump

need4reebs
01-16-2014, 08:57 PM
genius... pump it

triple pump

dood that would be another 2 or 3 years….haha

knownothingmags
01-16-2014, 09:06 PM
dood that would be another 2 or 3 years….haha
I know right

genius... pump it

triple pump
its ule milled so I would have to make special inserts so the pump rods travel proper.
and if I pump it it would just sit more then it will the way it is going to be :p

vintage
01-16-2014, 09:58 PM
have you solved your air fitting problems yet? I have looked everywhere I can think of, asked my best maintenance man at work, and I've got nothing.
the only thing I can think of is hydraulic fittings which are larger than you want i'm sure or you may have to raid the front end of a cocker for its microline setup. sorry I couldn't be more help:(

knownothingmags
01-17-2014, 12:06 AM
have you solved your air fitting problems yet? I have looked everywhere I can think of, asked my best maintenance man at work, and I've got nothing.
the only thing I can think of is hydraulic fittings which are larger than you want i'm sure or you may have to raid the front end of a cocker for its microline setup. sorry I couldn't be more help:(

cockers don't use microline, they use lp hose.
I think I have it figured out, the parts are in cad I just need someone to help me with some work on the last piece, just don't know the questions to ask.
-need to make sure my wrong way of thinking comes across so someone who knows what they are doing can understand the idea that's in my head.

literally just need to make sure there is room for the macroline elbow threading,
have It be as close to level with the elbow that is in the valve.

that's kinda where im at.
im going to call palmers tomorrow along with see what xmt can do for me.

knownothingmags
01-17-2014, 12:25 AM

so I think the problem is solved :)
but I don't think xmt will like to mill it,
but its not what I want it to look like for this part so I might see if I can fix it to what I want it to be. ill work on it some more tonight.
problem is im outa rum. bah.

need4reebs
01-17-2014, 12:47 AM
wat are you trying to do?

Ratzo
01-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Very nice triple mag project.
I started mine Tri-Mag project in December 2011, collected more parts needed but have yet to get anything more done to it.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/PB-Rat/DSCF0610.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/PB-Rat/media/DSCF0610.jpg.html)

knownothingmags
01-17-2014, 11:39 PM
I started mine Tri-Mag project in December 2011, collected more parts needed but have yet to get anything more done to it.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/PB-Rat/DSCF0610.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/PB-Rat/media/DSCF0610.jpg.html)

interesting look, I like it.
almost looks like you could do rotational firing with that setup.
I had thought of the triple mag along time ago when I got to know about the gold plated dual mag, it was actually the day I owned my first mag about 14 years ago.,
friend sold me his PF right mag with inteliframe, not long after I traded the classic in for an x-valve and I was on my way to my addiction.
ill tell the whole story with correct dates when the triple mag is finished.

you could set that up on my rc car mag super easy. I like it.

yellowmitten
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM

you should make this arm mounted with 3 strike loaders:P

knownothingmags
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM
files sent off to xmt for approval and adjustments.
from here we find out how bad I suck at cad.

this will let me know where my radius spots are off/wrong.
and maybe soon I can close out this project and start buying new parts for other builds.

Nobody
01-20-2014, 03:22 AM
Ratzo: you need 3 matching barrels. mismatched ones look hideous. if you are going to do it, do it right.

knownothingmags
01-20-2014, 03:28 AM
Ratzo: you need 3 matching barrels. mismatched ones look hideous. if you are going to do it, do it right.

don't listen to him, put whatever you want on it.
:D

but yeah getting 3 barrels you like lets say freak bore ultralite is expensive,
unless you know a guy. :D

my guy I call him "The Banker"

Ratzo
01-20-2014, 07:23 PM

That was just a photo to show what I'm doing, just using what I had on hand. The plan is to get 3 warp bodies and use 3 long Cocker threaded barrels. The marker bodies will be fully enclosed along with the loading system.

knownothingmags
02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
this kinda lifted my spirits alittle when Igot this put together.
looks nice, just valium is pretty big deal for me, so assembly took some time.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/aacaac47-d442-4d4c-a5d0-f9b809849084_zps9d8083aa.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/thetoolishere/media/tripple%20dual%20mag/aacaac47-d442-4d4c-a5d0-f9b809849084_zps9d8083aa.jpg.html)
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/IMG_20140207_160633_094_zpsec731390.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/thetoolishere/media/tripple%20dual%20mag/IMG_20140207_160633_094_zpsec731390.jpg.html)

this is a video you have to click on it to watch it. :D
some people have trouble with that concept.
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/th_VID_20140207_164803_333_zps9664d528.jpg (http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/tripple%20dual%20mag/VID_20140207_164803_333_zps9664d528.mp4)

Swiss Cheeze
02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Very nice.

Temo Vryce
02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
I like the progress, even if it is a little on the slow side. You need to swap that 13ci tank for an 114ci 4500psi so that beast can breath for than a single set of hoppers.

knownothingmags
02-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I like the progress, even if it is a little on the slow side. You need to swap that 13ci tank for an 114ci 4500psi so that beast can breath for than a single set of hoppers.

yeah depending on how well I can move if and when I heal from this car accident, I was planning on 2 114 ci tanks that would be on my molly tactical dye vest.
who knows though, I cant move around the house without a valium in me. and this neck brace isn't much fun either.

bowcycle
07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
So any video of this thing actually ripping? It looks complete in the last video.

I wouldn't ask except it sounds like you're feeling better and I have really enjoyed a number of the projects you've come up with. Would love to see how this one has progressed.

knownothingmags
07-15-2014, 11:24 PM
So any video of this thing actually ripping? It looks complete in the last video.

I wouldn't ask except it sounds like you're feeling better and I have really enjoyed a number of the projects you've come up with. Would love to see how this one has progressed.

no progress.
somehow I cant find my cads for the last few pieces.
so I have to find the time with the new move and setting up the printer, to make new parts to make sure they work again,
shouldn't take long once I get back at it,

but no eta on this, total crap shoot on my part.

update once things have come into order.

but it is like me to not get personal projects done in any amount of time.

thankyou,
KNM