PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kaye at Country Club Tonight (maybe)

AGD
02-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi All,

There is an 80% chance I will be at CC tonight testing new gun configurations. I need some guys there shooting regular Mags as a baseline for ball breakage. If your going anyway please let me know. There is a chance I have to cancel at the last minute if a part doesn't make it here UPS. I will post if I can't make it.

Thanks

AGD

Rock Star
02-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Cool! tell us how it goes!

hubadlatimmy
02-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Any chance you want to go on sunday during team practice???

AGD
02-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Leaving now, no one coming?

AGD

hubadlatimmy
02-22-2002, 06:04 PM
I wish I could of but I am going on sunday and live an hour and a half away.

bond1313
02-22-2002, 06:08 PM
I will come, I will tell my dad to gas up the chopper.:D :D

mountaindud
02-22-2002, 11:21 PM
Country Club in Glenwood IL? I might go tommorow.

hubadlatimmy
02-23-2002, 01:22 PM
so how did it go? What did ya test, give us some specifics here.

AGD
02-23-2002, 05:10 PM
It went great for everyone except me. I was testing a final version of the new configuration to reduce ball breakage. It worked perfectly in over a case in the shop so it was time to go on the road. First two games it was a blender, I finally figured out that the Angel ball detent was sticking badly and fracturing the paint.

Out with the old detent, in with new factory Angel detents. More shreds and the gun would stop firing. I had to bang the barrel against the bunker and EVERY TIME a ball would roll out. It was pretty funny actually. After further examination the factory Angel detents didn't go in as far as my original aftermarket one. This caused the balls to slip too far forward out of ACE range and allowed the ball waiting to get clipped and broken.

At the end of the night I picked up the original bad detent off the floor and hammered on it until it didn't stick any more. Played two more games and never broke a ball.

So I learned we have to remachine the modules so the real Angel detents go in farther and actually work. These types of problems are the reason for field testing. We have gone through detents here in the shop before but always replaced them with the same ones thinking they were all made to the same standards. Well they are not! This is the type of thing that can slip through and give you a bad rep. even though you never saw the problem.

I will machine the modules and get back to CC within the week.

AGD

nutz
02-23-2002, 06:30 PM
wow.... its ironic how when ever something seems right off the field its good until u play with it and then everything goes wrong...

lol i can picture tom in a bunker at cc with an extreme hitting the barrel on the bunker :D

Load SM5
02-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Man, am I intersted in this! Can't wait to send the ol' SFL in for the upgrades!

Johnny Bravo
02-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Man, am I intersted in this! Can't wait to send the ol' SFL in for the upgrades!

Me too. :D

hubadlatimmy
02-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey tom during the summer do you ever play anywhere but at CCP? Just wondering becuase I will be at the badlandz every practice because the fields are better (IMO) and I would like to meet you some time.

AGD
02-23-2002, 09:19 PM
I do play other places but it's hard to be there in the mornings with my schedule. Ususally it's Paintball Sams or Fox River Games. CC works well because I get in a lot of games in a short time.

AGD