PDA

View Full Version : 12 volt chip in 9 volt?

automags4ever
02-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Hi, I don't know if this subject has been used before but I did not see it. Can I put a 12 volt chip in my 9 volt revvy? Thanks for the help:)

headcase
02-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Yep, there are no problems using the 12v board in the 9v rev, the actual motors are the same, only the boards and the "propellers" are different.

Havoc_online
02-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Ya, it's the same, I did this to my g/f's hopper is works way better, besides the propeller's I don't see a difference, one thing, when you take apart your rev CAREFULL with losing your cover spring, they are slippery little suckers....

automags4ever
02-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the input guys:)

Vex
02-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Did you have to upgrade the body of your hopper to a 12V? I don't see how you could use the old 9V body and fit two 9V batteries in the case. What am I missing here?

Also, check out these two sites for upgrading your revvy:

www.countypaintball.com (http://www.countypaintball.com)
www.dropzonepaintball.com (http://www.dropzonepaintball.com)

Buy the X-board from County Paintball, it's only $10 and it's $20 @ Drop Zone.

:D

Darkling
02-22-2002, 06:47 PM
i believe the bodies are the same, but in the 9v it has a little block where you put the other battery in. you can take it out and will have room.

Silk

headcase
02-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Darkling
i believe the bodies are the same, but in the 9v it has a little block where you put the other battery in. you can take it out and will have room.

Silk

You are correct sir......

All you have to do is seperate the revy halves(which will be apart anyway to replace the board) and pull out the plastic "plug" that takes the place of the 2nd 9v.

Vex
02-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Now I'll only have to spend $15 instead of $40...YOU GUYS ROCK!!

One more question: Will the 12V and 9V body halves fit together? They look the same, but they may be offset by just a smudge. Any ideas?

:D

Shaft
02-23-2002, 08:48 AM
The 12v and 9v bodies are the same. Black shells are slightly different from the colored shells - and it's a HUGE pain in the arse to get them to fit together. I tried it.

I started with a 9v.
Bought an X-board and Egglution prop.
Built my 12v X.
Had to modify the prop so it wouldn't jam.
Made Jon modify my black shell for Warp (thanks Jon)
Bought one blue gem half.
Attempted to fit it onto a black half.
Bought the rest of the blue shell, battery cover etc.
Made revvy blue
Added stickers to taste
Enjoy!