PDA

View Full Version : SFL already has to go back

spacemanspiff
02-22-2002, 05:37 PM
:mad: All my hype about my SFL and now I have to send it back in. Why you ask. Well I finally got a chance to try to shoot it today. I got everything ready paintballs, halo, had gas. So before I aired up my marker I wanted to check the play of the velocity nut to see where about it was set. As I turned the nut the whole back half of the valve started to unscrew:confused: What the f* I thought. Then I looked at the bottom of the valve and I saw the prob. The hole that the set screw sits in was not even close to where it belongs. Its off like a 1/4in. I called shocketch and left a voice mail for Kevin about my problem.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH this really frigin bits the big one.

Load SM5
02-22-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't think you have a problem. Mine could potentially do the same thing. There is no screw that holds the back half of the reg down. Tighten the two halves of the reg down and worse case scenario you may have to hold the valve when you adjust the velocity until things losen a bit.

The valve on my gun looks just like yours.

brian terry
02-22-2002, 06:42 PM
thats the way it is ,my sfl is the same ,i got it at world cup last oct,,,...///

tranman
02-22-2002, 06:54 PM
I believe that hole is there for the Z-lock pin that is on all other mags.

brian terry
02-22-2002, 07:03 PM
u r right ,that hole is for the pin ,u dont use it with the sfl///..,,,

spacemanspiff
02-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Are you guys sure I can just hold the back of the valve so it doesn't move. I just want to make sure. Ya know saftey first.:) I'll give it a try and see how it works. Can I use the allen screw undernieth of the valve to help hold it as I adjust the velocity nut?
Thanks for the help. Once again AOers are the best.

Load SM5
02-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Try it with the air off. See if you can loosen it a bit back and forth and get it to move a little easier. Hold on to the valve.

Johnny Bravo
02-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Yes the valve kinda screws in half. Mabey you just need to tighten it back into place.

Thordic
02-23-2002, 12:21 AM
Scott, damnit, Jon is gonna be there Sunday, if there is a valve problem, let him look at it :)

And in case you didn't see my email, I got your vert elbow.

RobAGD
02-23-2002, 01:02 AM
There should be a small divit where a set screw set in teh valve thats not there in a normal Retro valve.

Because Shocktech too off so much material they no longer use the Z lock.

There SHOULD BE a set screw that is tighten down so the valve wont turn when you adjust the velocity.

If you dont have the screw tehn you can take the Oring off the adjuster, thats hould loosen it a bit BUT you might have a small problem of teh adjuster vibrating out a tad, just keep an eye on the lines on the valve and chrono often :)

-Robert

spacemanspiff
02-23-2002, 09:04 AM
Yes there is a little divit for the set screw and I have the set screw. I didn't even notice it was there. Should have paid more attention to it. Plus shocktech coulda mentioned something about it but oh well thats why I have you guys to go to. :)
Can I get the divit set alittle deeper if I want to help hold the back of the valve better. Or is it something that is better off being left alone?