PDA

View Full Version : Kee Shuts Down US Paint Manufacturing

going_home
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/workinglife/paintball-company-kee-action-sports-closes-clearwater-plant-cutting-109/2163899

Man we are spoiled down here with the fresh paint anytime syndrome.

Not Good.

:(

BigEvil
02-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Damn. I hate paint made in china.

BigEvil
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
..and on another note, I just saw that Valken will be manufacturing some paint in the US now.

Cyco-Dude
02-04-2014, 06:20 AM
hmm...well, the article said most of the high and mid-range stuff will be made in their canadian facility, so that's not terrible i guess. shorter trip to market at least.

BTAutoMag
02-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Damn. I hate paint made in china.

canada for kee

BigEvil
02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
canada for kee

The problem with anything that is shipped across a boarder.. is that there are usually delays, and even without, extended shipping times. Paint has a shelf life. My biggest gripe with the Valken paint for example, is that if its fresh it shoots great. If its been sitting around it sucks donkey nuts. Even if you get it good, it doesn't last. I have had Valken paint shoot awesome on a Saturday, then be total crap the very next weekend.

Cyco-Dude
02-04-2014, 10:33 PM
to be fair, you can say that about any paint. also, just because it gets to your field soon, doesn't mean it will always be fresh when you buy it. who knows how longs it's been sitting in the store. i get crap paint more often than not, regardless of brand.

Coralis
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Wages are so cheap down here I cant see how its cheaper to make paint in Asia and ship it 500 miles, especially with the amount of automation used in making paintballs in the first place

saintnoir
02-04-2014, 11:33 PM
why is china cheaper no osha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOBqRVDOYQ&feature=sharecontrol&list=PL25C0FED2686F32C1

vintage
02-05-2014, 07:43 AM
i love that video.

going_home
02-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Talked to a local field thats been all Kee paint for a long time.

This is what I was told.

Kee shut down the paintball manufacturing operation in St Pete but not its warehouse.

PMI Premium, Evil, and Marballizer have been coming from Canada for a few weeks now apparently,
and its all still just as consistent as it was when it was made in Florida.

He didnt have any PMI Premium which he normally has but was selling black and white shell Marballizer for the same price.

So business as usual except its made in Canuckistan instead of locally.

This whole thing had me puzzled in that it never made sense that they were pulling out of a year round paintball market.

Florida has to be a good market for paint given the weather.

Anyway, much ado about nothing.......

;)