PDA

View Full Version : Air fill system

teichild
02-10-2014, 08:51 AM
What im looking to do is set up a small fill station in my basement. What i imagine is a large tank ( something the size of maybe two SCUBA tanks ) attached to maybe a "Shoe Box" compressor. My question is, will this work? The reason i want to do this obviously is for quick fills rather than waiting for the Shoe Box compressor to fill one 68 tank in 3 to 4 hrs. So the Shoe Box would keep the PSI of the larger tank maintained over time while i fill smaller ones off it.

Any feedback would be helpful.

RT Lover
02-10-2014, 08:58 AM
i have a small scuba and does well, to wont get over 1k as every time the out put will be less. Marty from Ninja PB said i can run a HP fill whip from my scuba to my tank that is on my marker for tuning purposes. call ninja they r in bankrupt illinois and talk to marty he is the man! but if u want to fill and roll u may have to cascade a few tanks which will cost some dollars for them. years ago around here it was 350 deposit on each tank... shoe box isnt a bad idea if you can wait the only other option that i was looking at is a big cost a compressor 2-3k yikes lol

teichild
02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
I kinda thought what i was talking about was a "cascade" system but i guess i was wrong. If w did a that what would i need? just more scuba tanks?

dodge3500
02-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I currently run 2 scubas,fill with one and top off with the other to 3000 psi.my current plan later this year is to use a shoebox to keep my scubas topped off and too boost my paintball tanks to 4500 when needed.:-)

teichild
02-10-2014, 02:44 PM
I did a little looking into it today at work and have a good idea of the system i want to make. Does anyone know of a place that fabs air system parts? Things like tubeing with on/off valves with psi gauges?

blackdeath1k
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I just simply have a 80cf 3500 psi scuba tank. Wish it was a 100 or a 120 but oh well. Scuba shops fills it to 3700. But I've got 2 friends with compressors. It lasts 5 of us a days play without a problem.

bbotts77
02-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I did a little looking into it today at work and have a good idea of the system i want to make. Does anyone know of a place that fabs air system parts? Things like tubeing with on/off valves with psi gauges?
Give the guys at Ninja Paintball (http://www.ninjapaintball.com/newcontactus.html) a call. They make all kinds of hoses and steel-braided air lines. I would ask for Ray or Marty (in that order).