PDA

View Full Version : How do people pronounce these things?

Patron God of Pirates
02-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I was talking to BT a couple of weeks ago and when mentioning a ULE body he pronounced it "yool". I hadn't heard that before, having always spoken out each letter, but it makes sense. Since then I've heard someone call it a "yoolie", which also makes sense. Now XMT ("exempty"?) has come out with his XULE bodies which I'm thinking should be pronounced "zool" which invokes Ghostbusters. And Couger is working on a (so far unnamed) uni-frame. Will that be an "oony frame"? Or "Oni frame"? (I like this because Oni is the Japanese word for demon ). And then there is AGD's ultimate marketing backfire, the RT. The "artee"?

But I'm rambling. How do all of you pronounce these things?

Dayspring
02-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Ule: You - el - eee
rt: Arr - tee

OPBN
02-13-2014, 10:54 AM
You have too much time on your hands...

I pronounce it "yule", "xmt", "X yule", and "you knee frame". Like the uni sound in unique.

Billz804
02-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Personally,

ULE- Yoo El Eee
XULE - Ex Yoo El Eee
Uni - Yoo Nee
RT - Ar Tee

Although, now that you've posted it, I do like the slang "yoolie"...

BTAutoMag
02-13-2014, 10:59 AM
How do all of you pronounce these things?

how ever you wish

cockerpunk
02-13-2014, 11:00 AM
there is no dana, only zule

cougar20th
02-13-2014, 11:00 AM
And Couger is working on a (so far unnamed) uni-frame. Will that be an "oony frame"? Or "Oni frame"? (I like this because Oni is the Japanese word for demon ).

Ive named that frame. Demon Series K45AI.

The plan is to eventually have a bunch of mag parts under the Demon Series banner. Some with names some with designations.

As for how I pronounce the some of the names of stuff. Probably comes from my work background and knowing they are acrynims. I say then as they are. "X" "M" "T", "U" "L" "E" and so one.

Syko89
02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
OMG this thread makes my head hurt.

BigEvil
02-13-2014, 11:25 AM
DId someone say "ARTIE"??

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/BigEvilOnline/action%20shots/Tunaball%204/DSC_0252.jpg

luke
02-13-2014, 11:42 AM
lol, U-Le(e) here. :D

Xmagterror
02-13-2014, 11:46 AM
I was talking to BT a couple of weeks ago and when mentioning a ULE body he pronounced it "yool". I hadn't heard that before, having always spoken out each letter, but it makes sense. Since then I've heard someone call it a "yoolie", which also makes sense. Now XMT ("exempty"?) has come out with his XULE bodies which I'm thinking should be pronounced "zool" which invokes Ghostbusters. And Couger is working on a (so far unnamed) uni-frame. Will that be an "oony frame"? Or "Oni frame"? (I like this because Oni is the Japanese word for demon ). And then there is AGD's ultimate marketing backfire, the RT. The "artee"?

But I'm rambling. How do all of you pronounce these things?

HAHA Funny!!!

BTAutoMag
02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
it's actually pronounced with a silent Q

Spider-TW
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
The Ule body wasn't a christmas present?

Justus
02-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Well, really, they're acronyms. When saying them out loud in conversation, I don't use acronyms. I just say that I have an "ultra-light engineered" mag body.

Doesn't everybody? :confused:

knownothingmags
02-14-2014, 01:19 AM
And Couger is working on a (so far unnamed) uni-frame. Will that be an "oony frame"? Or "Oni frame"? (I like this because Oni is the Japanese word for demon ).
it has a name :ninja:
in all due time.

knownothingmags
02-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Well, really, they're acronyms. When saying them out loud in conversation, I don't use acronyms. I just say that I have an "ultra-light engineered" mag body.

Doesn't everybody? :confused:

yes all day everyday, that's all I talk about.
but if you know me, not many do I talk a lot,
it annoys many people.

Runamok
02-15-2014, 03:40 AM
how ever you wish
I say it in English. I once tried saying it in Russian , but since I don't speak Russian, I couldn't understand myself. And then drunkin is a whole nother language.

Fred
02-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Do recall that BT is from Wisconsin, where they say all sorts of stupid stuff.

ULE - You Elle E
RT - Arr Tee