PDA

View Full Version : Walk me through on Valves

Pump&Run
02-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Lets have a comparison of Mag valves explained for the masses.

What are they and how do they compare to one another etc. Please use this format for explaining if you don't mind and if I have left out a valve other than the classic please add it.

RT Valve-
Retro Valve-
Emag-
X Valve-

Frizzle Fry
02-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Basically it goes like this... I tried to think of all the "brands" I could off the top of my head.

Classic: Stainless Steel.
The old school automag valve, can run co2 but prefers HPA. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
68 Automag A.I.R.
68 Micromag A.I.R.
Minimag A.I.R.
Automag Classic
Minimag Classic
Micro2000
ProMag
Centerfire

Rental: Stainless Steel.
Basically a classic valve, but branded for rental markers, and not compatible with Level 10.

Sydarm: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
Designed to work on co2. Shorter than standard Automag valve. Fits ONLY the Sydarm pistol with built in 12g co2 cartridge adapter.

"Classic" RT: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
High recharge rate, first reactive trigger! Thinner than standard Automag valve. HPA only. Fits ONLY the "classic" Automag RT with airthru rail and banjo bolt.

Retro: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
The new-style Automag valve, based on the RT Valve. HPA only. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
ReTro
RT Pro
Emag
Micro ReTro
Micro R/T
Micro 2000 RT
MicroEmag

X-Valve: All Aluminum.
The ULE version of the new-style Automag valve, based on the RT Valve. HPA only. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
RT X Pro
Emaxx
X Mag
X Valve
X

SoulCoffin
02-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Very nice write up, friz. I actually had wondered about all of the brandings

Frizzle Fry
02-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Very nice write up, friz. I actually had wondered about all of the brandings

There are more, I'm sure... I'm way to tired to remember - drove from Boston to upstate NY and back in the storm today. Sleeeeeepy.

I should pull together an article.

BTAutoMag
02-15-2014, 09:36 PM
this should be stickied

Basically it goes like this... I tried to think of all the "brands" I could off the top of my head.

Classic: Stainless Steel.
The old school automag valve, can run co2 but prefers HPA. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
68 Automag A.I.R.
68 Micromag A.I.R.
Minimag A.I.R.
Automag Classic
Minimag Classic
Micro2000
ProMag
Centerfire

Rental: Stainless Steel.
Basically a classic valve, but branded for rental markers, and not compatible with Level 10.

Sydarm: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
Designed to work on co2. Shorter than standard Automag valve. Fits ONLY the Sydarm pistol with built in 12g co2 cartridge adapter.

"Classic" RT: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
High recharge rate, first reactive trigger! Thinner than standard Automag valve. HPA only. Fits ONLY the "classic" Automag RT with airthru rail and banjo bolt.

Retro: Steel front, Aluminum regulator back.
The new-style Automag valve, based on the RT Valve. HPA only. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
ReTro
RT Pro
Emag
Micro ReTro
Micro R/T
Micro 2000 RT
MicroEmag

X-Valve: All Aluminum.
The ULE version of the new-style Automag valve, based on the RT Valve. HPA only. Fits any standard Automag (not Sydarm, "classic" RT).

Branding:
RT X Pro
Emaxx
X Mag
X Valve
X

Frizzle Fry
02-15-2014, 09:48 PM
this should be stickied

Popular vote has it... I'll start scrubbing for images and make an archive post :p

http://i62.tinypic.com/ej7jae.jpg
Don't make me do stuff!

BTAutoMag
02-15-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm the popular vote? hahahahahaha

Frizzle Fry
02-15-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm the popular vote? hahahahahaha

Isn't that a scary concept :p

The way I see it, there are two of you, which is two more people than are utilizing AO-Chat at the moment.

knownothingmags
02-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I use a valve like this one in this xmag:D

Frizzle Fry
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I use a valve like this one in this xmag:D

Dammit Cougar - It's like marrying a Victorias Secret model, then making her wear a burqa in public.

knownothingmags
02-15-2014, 10:24 PM
lol

djinnform
02-16-2014, 12:32 AM
What about the SS Smart Parts and the Magical Box?

Frizzle Fry
02-16-2014, 12:54 AM
What about the SS Smart Parts and the Magical Box?

There you go, I knew there were holes...

Oh Pawlak had decals on top too, ProMags (the ones John Sosta did) had weird engraving on the top, BPS Express Promags had decal on top, and the Fox Hypermag had genuine engraving on top.

See how much better I am with a few hours sleep and some coffee?

Frizzle Fry
02-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention on/off compatibility with the original ReTro valve, it deserves mention - D'oh

***edit: more sleep, more coffee, in that order

Justus
02-16-2014, 03:17 PM
I always used this as my reference on valve differences: http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/agd_valves.html

Chrome
02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
I looked through the galleries for a bit, but came up with a related question, as it was hard to tell on many photos if the pictured marker was a completely stock model or something someone built up.

I'm looking at my parts pile and thinking I'm close to enough to build an emag as a resto project. Which valve(s) could have been stock from factory? I know the standard stainless emag valve, but what about ULE versions of the gun? Was the x-valve ever a stock option, and if so how was it marked at the time ("emax", "x-valve", "x")? If the x-valve was an option, were colored valves available on a stock factory build? How about differences between USA and Europe?

Just trying to figure out if I need to go shopping for a valve or I can use one of the ones I already have. Key here is not whether or not it works or is compatible, but rather putting the right valve on the right vintage of marker.