PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL Training

Navy Seal
02-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Information and helpful tips on SEAL training!

udtseal
02-22-2002, 10:59 PM
So ask away kiddo...:p

ThePatriot
02-22-2002, 11:36 PM
From what i have heard...its the most physically exerting thing you will ever do in your life. You are pushed and pushed....i think 10% of the people who go to the training camp actually graduate(probably wrong)

Navy Seal
02-22-2002, 11:39 PM
To udtseal: How long is BUD/S?

Army
02-22-2002, 11:54 PM
tsk tsk tsk...

The first thing to learn; is gathering information on your objective, there are no small details.
http://www.navyseals.com/main/main.html

<center>The only easy day was yesterday!</center>

Navy Seal
02-22-2002, 11:59 PM
Thanx Army. :)

Havoc_online
02-23-2002, 02:06 AM
you really want to become a seal or just want to get in awesome shape?

I had a friend who was a pretty tough guy, he went through and made it to s.e.r.e. school where they broke his jaw and one rib because he would'nt give in.....

udtseal
02-23-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Army
tsk tsk tsk...

The first thing to learn; is gathering information on your objective, there are no small details.
http://www.navyseals.com/main/main.html

<center>The only easy day was yesterday!</center>

Army, thats exactly what I told him to do in his other thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26497

That site will tell you most of the important information. BUD/s teaches men the importance of team work above all. It also teaches the basics of diveing, parachuteing, land warfare etc.

If you go to a recruiter, sign up, go to Navy boot, go to A school, get signed to a BUD/s class and NOT be prepared, then you will wash out. BUD/s has an average drop out rate of about 65%. sometimes higher, sometimes not. I believe only twice in the history of BUD/s have thier been a class where not one man dropped. VERY unusual. You must be in the best shape of your life BEFORE even thinking of going to BUD/s. BUD/s will not train you physically, its a way to weed out the people who did not trian or prepare before.

tazman
02-23-2002, 09:29 AM
Navyseal you should check out this page.

It has a Seal style work out that should help you out(I am following it to try and get into better shape)

http://navyseal.s5.com/

Hope it helps.

Navy Seal
02-23-2002, 10:56 AM
To tazman: Thanx man, im using this training form now. Im glad that my house has a pool (lucky I guess). I will train till I throw up. Every day!!!

personman
02-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Guys, I wuz at boy skout camp last year, and the instructor for the orentation badge wuz tellin every 1 that he was/used to be in the navy/army/marines (cant remember) and he had tried out for da seals and part of the test you have to drown? iz this true or was he jokin around?

Navy Seal
02-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by personman
Guys, I wuz at boy skout camp last year, and the instructor for the orentation badge wuz tellin every 1 that he was/used to be in the navy/army/marines (cant remember) and he had tried out for da seals and part of the test you have to drown? iz this true or was he jokin around?

EALLY safe though... If you have good lungs...:D

Hemlock86
02-23-2002, 12:03 PM
I know in Para Rescue they drown everyone once then revive them so they know what it feels like. Basicly teaching them to be calm in bad situations, i think. Im not sure if they do this in the Seals.
I could never do 1/2 the shyza those dudes do. They roxor!

Magsrule3
02-23-2002, 01:01 PM
"During Vietnam SEAL Teams One and Two amassed a combined kill ratio of 200:1, with only 46 deaths resulting mostly from accidents and poor intelligence rather than enemy direct fire."

My God! Wow, that is a scary little tidbit of information.

tazman
02-23-2002, 02:30 PM
Well Navyseal I wish you the best of luck! Which coast do you hope to get assigned to East or West. (Personally I like the east coast seals the best). On my Jacket I wear a navy seal patch of the budwiser that the seals wear. I wear it to honor the courage and determination that they have.

udtseal
02-23-2002, 03:08 PM
*sigh* During training, upon entering BUD/s, recruits are subjected to "Drown Proofing" to get them used to the panic that can occure if your goggles were popped off your head and you had to retrive them with your hands being full, and also to get them over the mental fear of drowning itself. The test goes like this:

They are put in a training pool with SEAL instructors in the water to supervise. Thier hands are tied behind thier backs, and thier feet are tied at the ankles. Thier swim goggles are put on the floor of the pool under them. They have to then float to the bottom of the pool, push off the bottom, coast to the top, breathe, and repeat for 30 minutes. This teaches them to control thier breathing, and help them get over that drowning "knee jerk" reaction of freaking out. At the end of the 30 minutes, they have to float down to the bottom of the pool, and put thier goggles on thier face without using thier hands. It can be done with a little practice and is not as hard as it sounds.

This all happens pretty early in the training, usually its among the first tests they are given upon entering BUD/s and usually everyone passes. Later in the training, usually 2nd week, they have to do a 50 meter underwater swim. THAT usually makes or breaks people. I still cant do it myself. But practice makes perfect!!! :)

ronron2112
02-23-2002, 08:29 PM
man.. too bad i cant swim too good.. i can hold my breath for a long time.. but i *vigerously inhale* at swimming distances. i gotta work on that tho when my family and i go to our hosue in FL.

MAGS own YOU
02-23-2002, 08:38 PM
You have to swim 50 meters underwater? I can barely do the pool length. Its good to know that we have such good people fighting for our country.

UDTfrogman
02-23-2002, 09:24 PM
yo i got this from a SEAL motavator it has good stuff in there but it's not the best of information