PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon or raptor reg worth keeping??

yamess191
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I just got a armageddon and raptor requlator with a package deal and was wondering if either one of these is worth keeping to use with my mags? all of my mags are RT, and I know both of these are adjustable output which I like so I can adjust the RT effect. But are parts for these impossible to find? Are they consistent? are they good regs? I only have experience with SHP regs from Ninja and the crossfire regs. Are they worth anything to sell? the armageddon is a 4500psi and the raptor is a 3000 psi. LMK what you guys think. thanks

Kory
03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
I have two Armageddon regs. They were the best regs to use on an rt back in the day. The only problem I have with mine is that they are so large. I wish they were smaller so h they wound not make the guns seem so large. They also have no on/off which kind of sucks. I think Luke makes an on/off for them though.
Jmo,
Kory

athomas
03-03-2014, 10:02 PM
They work well and are very robust, but are bigger and heavier than most new regulators available today. You can get the orings to repair them.

Pyrate Jim
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Raptor Regs are identical to the A.I.R. on a classic 'Mag.
Any AutoMag rebuild kit has all the O-rings & seals needed.
So parts for that one are easy to get.

You can swap out the back of an AutoMag with the top half of a Raptor. Everything lines up, fits right on there.

I like the adjustable regs, I have several markers that have no "on-gun" velocity adjustment and I can bring them to field speed by adjusting input up or down.

ScottyBeans
03-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Worth keeping? Yeah probably. I'm sure someone would buy them if you put them up for sale. Or you could use them for other, non-paintball compressed air applications :)

Worth using? I'd say almost definitely not if you run RT mags and you already have a Ninja/Crossfire SHP. The consistency will be very close but the weight won't be, plus I think it's nice to be able to disconnect your tank easily from the gun using an ASA, especially if you use an on/off. You really can't go wrong with the new compressed air setups.

Just my thoughts.

Justus
03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
I used to have a Tsunami reg, very similar to the Raptor. Interesting piece, but I really couldn't see a use for it with the new tech available like Scotty talks about. Newer Ninja/Crossfire regs are every bit as good, and with more convenience.

yamess191
03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Well it sounds more like I am better off selling these and continuing to use my Ninja SHP regulated tanks on my RT mags. I think I am going to go ahead and sell them. Thanks for all the input. That really helps!!!

blackdeath1k
03-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Well it sounds more like I am better off selling these and continuing to use my Ninja SHP regulated tanks on my RT mags. I think I am going to go ahead and sell them. Thanks for all the input. That really helps!!!
Logically yes. To a guy like me that likes to keep the look of what they grew up with. Only thing keeping me from snagging that rapter is the lack of an ON/OFF