PDA

View Full Version : How about an EMag Battery deal?

Shaft
02-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Tom,
You chose the EMag battery for 18v for a few reasons including being able to use it for our warps and revvies. How about setting up a battery pack deal for us non-EMag users so we can get one to use to power our accessories?

Piecing it all together from the online store seems a bit steep.
Your pack is nearly perfect in comparison to what else is readily available. How about it?

Paintballer86
02-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Yeah... Like something that would fit on the 68 Or the mini, that we could use to power our revvy and warp. Just something that bolts on like anyother aftermarket forgrip.

mag59459
02-23-2002, 10:29 AM
how would you go about setting up your rev and warp on the battery?

Shaft
02-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by mag59459
how would you go about setting up your rev and warp on the battery?

Attach wires to the revvy terminals and warp terminals. I have this regulator setup for my warp.

virus
02-23-2002, 11:35 AM
how to go about it is simple.....
just would need to either have battery leads (for a 9v adapter) going from the pack with our revies/warps or make the ones on our revy/warp long to reach the pack.... it is a very simple soldering process esp when it comes to adding wire to an established connecter

EDIT: or ya can do what shaft did....

zvanut
02-23-2002, 05:27 PM
thats ia actually a really good idea imho

Dubstar112
02-23-2002, 08:56 PM
I would love a rechargable battery pack that could power my warp, hyperframe, and revvy.. I spend almost 20 dollars worth of 9v batteries when I play... thats alot of mulah and I think using an emag battery would be slick if i could mount som kind of dovetail to my hyperframe trigger guard like on the emag and power everything.

Anyone want to donate an emag battery to me? along with the charger :)one problem though.. could i just run 10 volts from the battery pack to the warp and leave the rest unreg'ed to the hyperframe and hopper?

Shaft
02-25-2002, 10:27 AM
A quick schematic of a harness to connect the EMag battery to the accessories.

The Warp connector would be a regulated 12v, while the revvy connector is tapped right off of the 18v battery.

Real simple.

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 10:53 AM
i'm sure that makes sense to some people, me? i'm clueless. that just looks like a bunch of lines! :) i'm having donggie hook me up with a plug n' play setup like shaft has.

Cliffio
02-25-2002, 11:00 AM
but isnt the 18v with casing and extra mounting going to be heavier than 3 9vs alone? more than a little if i would guess, but then again im weight concious(sp) but anyways whats really the point?

just wondering
maybe i missed soemthing

Shaft
02-25-2002, 11:11 AM
I don't know. Never weighed them. For me, it isn't a concern.

My concerns are that the 9v is a terrible current source. I've found that the warp requires FRESH batteries to operate correctly. Nearly every problem I've had with a warp is from tired batteries. The revvy is ok on the two 9v.

I looked into getting a rechargeable pack. Digikey can piece one together. I'd want 15-20v out of it and they get big and pricey.

Right now, I'm theorizing AGD has the optimal pack with the EMag. It was selected with the idea of powering accessories in mind. It even has a charger and a cover matched to it.

My only problem is $140 or so is a bit much to get the battery pack setup. I can opt out on the cover - but the cover is one of the added bonuses of the EMag pack. I was hoping that AGD could market a package in the sub $100 range strictly for accessory use. (Preferably even less - but I am probably pushing it already). {Tom, if you only were able to get volume pricing for 1Million+ units).

DJSOLID
02-25-2002, 01:17 PM
I've run my 12v rev on Ni-MH 9v batteries since I purchased it last year. My other hobby is R/C car racing, and you can purchase the "standard" size 9v in NiCad at most hobby stores - to power transmitters, recievers and certain types of marine servos. The ones I have are manufactured by Optima. A charger for $15 or so and you're good to go. Sometimes packages are for the batteries plus the charger.

Here's a spot to purchase them online:
http://www.aspencer1.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=10864.2

But what would be really key and more forward-thinking yet would be a custom neoprene tank cover that incorporated the battery pack with a power distribution center and wiring harness that could power the marker, the warp and the rev and hook into the harness with quick disconnects. Get that power pack of the marker and onto the tank. The power distribution chip could also have an LED display showing power left in the battery.

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 01:33 PM
how long does the revvy last on a charge? how long does it take to charge? is it better than standard 9v? if so, how?

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 01:38 PM
how long does the revvy last on a charge? how long does it take to charge? is it better than standard 9v? if so, how?

Shaft
02-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DJSOLID
But what would be really key and more forward-thinking yet would be a custom neoprene tank cover that incorporated the battery pack with a power distribution center and wiring harness that could power the marker, the warp and the rev and hook into the harness with quick disconnects. Get that power pack of the marker and onto the tank. The power distribution chip could also have an LED display showing power left in the battery.

I considered rechargeable 9v. mAh is key and my whole case for nixing standard 9v.

I completely agree on the tank cover - that's where I was going to place the pack if I just got a generic battery pack.

A battery charge display would be easy and pretty cool!

A "Power Center" for a pball gun is what I'm shootin' towards as well.

The revvy lasts awhile for me. The warp seems to need new batteries every day I play (I remove the batts after the day is done). If the batteries are not brand new, the warp is slow and causes problems.

DJSOLID
02-25-2002, 02:17 PM
When I go out and play, I always shoot a case. I've never had to recharge them the same day - there was one time I shot more - like 2500 and still didn't have to charge 'em. If you're worried - buy two more. It's a heck of alot cheaper in the long run, and better for the environment.

Muzikman
02-25-2002, 02:22 PM
If I am not mistaken Pro Team has or is planningon makeing a battery pack that has multiple power outputs. Sounds a lot like what you guys are talking about. I'll try to confirm this.

DJSOLID
02-25-2002, 02:42 PM
That would be cool - multiple power outlets. But really, the future will be companies marketing complete feed and fire systems together. Tom's ACE will someday be able to send information to the warp AND loader, integrating the feed with the gun. I really believe that in the near future, feed systems will be marketed and already set up on the marker to provide best performance - I mean why have multiple sensors to do one job? The ACE could eliminate the vibration sensor on the warp and the eye on the rev and stop choppers all at once. I for one can't wait to see what happens to loader/marker technology.

Cliffio
02-25-2002, 03:55 PM
well for one they already do this, its called inteli-feed, they make it for angels and it works very well

yes i realize they dont for warps, BUT i believe thats because alot of people dont use warps, now if these warp feeds were as common as revys im sure it would be the same, but the fact is that running a revy off a battery in gun is being used now, its not some far away thing.

warps shouldnt be that hard to rig up for use on a battery, its not like it uses alot of power, a totaly of 9v, compared to a revy which uses 12v
so i would imagine that there is some way to hook up an angel to a warp feed.

just my thoughts on yours, only i used an angel since inteli-feed is already possible