PDA

View Full Version : foamie bolt glue?

blackdeath1k
03-18-2014, 02:25 PM
No time to search. Need to buy glue after work. People have commented about some type of gorilla glue working great. Which kind is it?

I've used plumbers glue in the past. It works. But figure I'd try something else that might be better.

BTAutoMag
03-18-2014, 02:45 PM
super glue

I use the gorrila gel super glue

blue bottle

blackdeath1k
03-18-2014, 03:54 PM
You may be the guy that always raved at how well it has held up. Thanks. I'll get some when I clock out.

BTAutoMag
03-18-2014, 04:53 PM
You may be the guy that always raved at how well it has held up. Thanks. I'll get some when I clock out.

no, I wasnt that guy but for right now its been working well for this guy

yellowmitten
03-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Gorrila gel super glue is awesome. I used it for my magnet mod.

Justus
03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm that guy. It's the fast drying white super glue. White/clear bottle with the orange label, though I do see that it comes with a blue cap. Pic:

EDIT: I layer it on extremely thin, on the dampened foamie, using a toothpick as a trowel. Then press the foamie into place (bolt surface must be CLEAN. all caps. CLEAN). Then I like to use a strong neodymium disc magnet and clamp it down onto the bolt, putting clamping force on the foamie while the glue cures. Leave it overnight, remove the magnet the next morning, and done.

blackdeath1k
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Well since I ended up at work 4 hours longer than planned. No glue purchased tonight. I must get it tomorrow though.

Thanks justice. I'm working on having everything ready for Saturday.