PDA

View Full Version : better for gforce frame RT or ULT on off?

capt spank
04-17-2014, 12:40 PM
i bought a gforce frame and the guy said either an rt or ult on off would be better for it. i unfortunately deleted his pm. could somebody confirm which is best?

thanks

BigEvil
04-18-2014, 08:34 AM
RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.

Laku
04-18-2014, 11:37 AM
RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.

Why always RT? Is it the reactivity that helps on some level?

I reasoned ULT would be better cause the force required to trip it would be less. But I have no experience of pneumags so I don't really know. I'm just honestly curious to learn.

The Ritual
04-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Why always RT? Is it the reactivity that helps on some level?

I reasoned ULT would be better cause the force required to trip it would be less. But I have no experience of pneumags so I don't really know. I'm just honestly curious to learn.

I read elsewhere that using a ult on a pneumag would allow one to use a lower lpr pressure. I, too, have zero experience with pneumags but am preparing for my first build soon. Please elucidate.

BigEvil
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
In many cases the ULT does not have sufficient return force. I have never had any luck getting the ULTs to work in pneumags.

OPBN
04-18-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm in no way arguing, but how does that ^^^ make sense? In a Pneumag, the on/off whether ULT or RT is only returning the sear vs returning the sear and trigger on a strictly Mech set up isn't it? I only tried a ULT on a pneud classic which was an epic fail, but assumed it was due to it being a Classic vs RT/X valve. I mean the sear in a Pneu doesn't push the ram back does it?

BigEvil
04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm in no way arguing, but how does that ^^^ make sense? In a Pneumag, the on/off whether ULT or RT is only returning the sear vs returning the sear and trigger on a strictly Mech set up isn't it? I only tried a ULT on a pneud classic which was an epic fail, but assumed it was due to it being a Classic vs RT/X valve. I mean the sear in a Pneu doesn't push the ram back does it?

You try it and let me know how you make out

OPBN
04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
You try it and let me know how you make out

Seriously I'm nit arguing. Just trying to figure out why? Don't get all pissy:)

BigEvil
04-18-2014, 06:05 PM
seriously i'm nit arguing. Just trying to figure out why? Don't get all pissy:)

i am not!!

Spider-TW
04-18-2014, 10:48 PM
RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.

I was going to leave this as good enough.^

Pneumags are a bit chuffy in the first place. As they get up to speed, the trigger release gets critical as the ram may not snap back fast enough. An RT on/off will help stuff the ram back, whereas a ULT will play along and try to hangup.

To make one work, you need to tune the ULT, and a qev might help, which is something that we've bypassed with the RT on/off. If you run lower LPR pressure, make sure your reg has good response at that setting ( like a micro rock).. I had a tickler that wouldn't work well at low pressure, so i got nothing from using a ULT. Also, light pressures slow the return of the fabco 3-way. When you can slap together and tune a pneumag with a ULT and a new level 10 bolt all at once, you have certainly passed a test.

It can be done, but it's not worth much and adds unnecessary complexity.

It's one of those things, like the ULT in the classic, just say "no".

The Ritual
04-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Excellent reply, and thank you!

capt spank
04-21-2014, 09:52 PM
thanks all.

djinnform
04-24-2014, 11:40 PM
I have a M90 pneumag set-up by Tuna, and it works great with a classic valve with the classic on\off. I've spent hours doing trail and error with all my valves and on\offs.