PDA

View Full Version : help needed with removal of trigger pin on devilmag 90° frame

flampaint
05-07-2014, 06:58 AM
I suppose the title is quite self-explanatory... I need help with the removal of the trigger pin on my devilmag 90° frame.
It is not obvious (at least not on my frame) IF there is a specific side from which the trigger pin needs to be driven out from.
With most AGD frames I've seen, the wider side of the pin is on the left, ie "driver's side", of the marker. Therefore the pin is usually driven out from the right side of the marker towards the left...
I already tried that but there's only movement up to a certain point (pin's still holding the trigger in place but it already made it out of the hole in the frame on the righ-hand-side. After that the pin won't move any further out BUT I can easily turn it :confused:
So, before I do any irreperable damage: can anyone here tell me how I can get that trigger out of there of if I'm doing something wrong?
Hope that makes sense and is somewhat understandable...
And no, I can't post any pictures (no camera or smartphone nearby at the moment...) :dance:

Thanks a lot for any help or advice in advance!

BigEvil
05-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Passenger side to drivers side - unless they are different than the normal Chimera frames. When you pull the trigger out be careful of the micro switch.

Tunaman
05-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Does the trigger have a bearing in it? If so, you need to PRESS the pin out as not to damage the bearing. It's probably cocking and not coming straight out

flampaint
05-08-2014, 01:52 PM
yep, there's a bearing in there.... I managed to press the pin out gently in the end. Thanks for that info!

I do have another question now: since the bearing's not really running 100% smoothly (still working quite nicely though, since the trigger is SUPER soft and set up with a travel of only about 1-1.5mm - which IMHO is really nice if you want to walk that thing in semi-mode...:headbang:), is there a way to get that tiny bearing out without causing damage AND does anyone know the specs on that bearing (I'd like to put a new one in if possible)
Thanks in advance for any help!

Here's a picture of this project of mine (almost done)...
I really like how this thing is working so far (X-Vave with the obligatory ULT for the Devilmag frame, Karta body and rail, no eyes though...)