PDA

View Full Version : ASA for ULE mag

chclax91
05-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Whats the best ASA i can buy for an automag. i know CP makes one but what other asa's fit the intelliframe.

fishmishin
05-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Just about all asa's will fit an intelli. I like the CP & CCM asa's. I can make you a deal on a new cp asa depending on what color u are looking for. jlmk and I will take a look and see what I have left over at work.

Dayspring
05-07-2014, 11:16 PM
I dig the Planet Eclipse ones - they purge the line to the valve, so that's a nice bonus.

I LOVE my POPS.

Justus
05-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I've got CP ASA's on all my markers now. So smooth, extremely easy to turn, look great, and they also purge the line to the valve.

I've seen some on/off ASA's that act more like a UFA on a remote line - the on/off function is turning a screw that hits the reg pin directly - and they're a bear to work because they get so tight when turning the air on or off. The real CP ASA's don't suffer from that.

PBLife
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
The BL cam drive is nice...inline air fitting and easy to operate.

blackdeath1k
05-08-2014, 12:13 PM
I've got CP ASA's on all my markers now. So smooth, extremely easy to turn, look great, and they also purge the line to the valve.

I've seen some on/off ASA's that act more like a UFA on a remote line - the on/off function is turning a screw that hits the reg pin directly - and they're a bear to work because they get so tight when turning the air on or off. The real CP ASA's don't suffer from that.

I second this. And the cp mini on off with the mini rail looks great and weighs nothing on my RT.

GoatBoy
05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I've tried an embarrassingly high number of ASA's on my guns. It really depends on what you care about. And you haven't specified what you care about.

For starters, it's not implied than an ASA needs an on/off.

Do you care about weight? Because a spiffy on/off ASA will be surprisingly heavy.

Do you need an air port that's inline or comes out the side? Or both?

Do you want it to directly bolt onto the frame, or do you not mind having to go through a dovetail or t-rail?

Do you care about price?

Do you have particular dimensions you are sensitive to?

What do you care about?