PDA

View Full Version : feel like a complete moron! but old faithful works correct again! good day of play.

blackdeath1k
05-10-2014, 06:16 PM
OK. My classic RT that I bought in the late 90s had sat for 10 years. Until last year. I pulled it out. Replaced the Orings. Bought a 4500 flatline for it. And it worked fine. Picked up the wife a marker and pieced everything together to where she now has a level 10 minimag rt. In the process of everything I gave her my foamy bolt and I used my old hard nose for a bit. Then picked up a bolt from a member here to get back to a foamy. Well the last few times I had plaid there were small issues I couldnt pinpoint. And most all of it went back to the flatline reg having a potentially bad regulator seat. After playing a day with justice back in march I ordered a shp V2. And all the bells and whistles for a conversion to ASA style vs permanent mount adjustable. Well today was my first time playing since the conversion. Lol and behold my problem was still there. So I did my standard once through. NOTHING. Everything looked great. AS ALWAYS! Then remembered when the wife ended up with a level 10 I gained my foamy bolt back. I inspected the one that had been in it. Just like I did every other time. Looks great. I would have sold it as good. But for grins since I have a spare. And it was already apart. I swapped them out. My classic RT ran like a top. IT LIVES!

Had a great day of play. And my wife finally got dropped in the realm of real aggressive players. 3 aggressive players. One soso aggressive. And my wife. Wife was more apprehensive than she was playing at Justices event. But she didn't get scared. And slowly got more in the heat of the game vs sitting back. So all and all great day of play. And finally I believe my problems with my RT are fixed. Now just to replace my spair foamy bolt.