PDA

View Full Version : Trigger assembly tightness...

mrmag11
05-16-2014, 07:39 PM
So I bought a new rail for my Mag since my current rail has a foregrip permanently attached. When I remove the trigger assembly and put it in the new rail, the pin won't seat all the way down into the rail. Tried a touch of oil, and a rubber mallet, but no luck. Any suggestion? The rail is new from what the seller told me, and I don't see any damage to the rail or the trigger assembly.

luke
05-16-2014, 08:19 PM
So I bought a new rail for my Mag since my current rail has a foregrip permanently attached.

Why is it permanently attached?

When I remove the trigger assembly and put it in the new rail, the pin won't seat all the way down into the rail. Tried a touch of oil, and a rubber mallet, but no luck. Any suggestion? The rail is new from what the seller told me, and I don't see any damage to the rail or the trigger assembly.

You mean the sear pin won't seat? Pictures??

mrmag11
05-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Why is it permanently attached?

You mean the sear pin won't seat? Pictures??

He took an Air America gas through grip and he used locktite or superglue. It could probably be removed but I went ahead and got a new rail since I am eventually sending it off for ano.

Yes, sorry, the sear pin. It is seated now after some force, but the trigger now is super stiff. I backed it out twice before it finally seated enough for me to get the ULE body on.

C_losjoker
05-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Pictures of the rail with the permanent foregrip please???

I have come across this before. Where some pins will not fit into some am/mm rails but will fit into other am/mm rails I try. I think there are some pins out there that are thicker than usual, cant tell you for sure or tell if they are factory or after market pins.

luke
05-16-2014, 10:08 PM
If the pins are thicker the sears would be odd-ball too.
??

luke
05-16-2014, 10:11 PM
He took an Air America gas through grip and he used locktite or superglue. It could probably be removed but I went ahead and got a new rail since I am eventually sending it off for ano.

It can be removed with a trick or two. ;)

Yes, sorry, the sear pin. It is seated now after some force, but the trigger now is super stiff. I backed it out twice before it finally seated enough for me to get the ULE body on.

Sounds like someone drove the wrong size pin into your sear, then you drove it into the rail, that's my guess. The sear should rotate freely on the pin.

Cyco-Dude
05-16-2014, 11:36 PM
So I bought a new rail for my Mag since my current rail has a foregrip permanently attached. When I remove the trigger assembly and put it in the new rail, the pin won't seat all the way down into the rail. Tried a touch of oil, and a rubber mallet, but no luck. Any suggestion? The rail is new from what the seller told me, and I don't see any damage to the rail or the trigger assembly.

ok, i think i know what your problem might be. you might have an older sear pin. the older sear pins have a square profile, and look like this (http://www.baccipaintball.com/agd0057.html). the newer sear pins have a rounded profile, and look like this (http://www.baccipaintball.com/agd0058.html). the older sear pins will not fit into the newer rails. the simple fix, what i did at least, is to just round off the edge of the old sear pin so that it has a round edge instead of a square one.

what i did was wrap the pin with masking tape (i didn't want to mar the surface), and put it into the chuck of my cordless drill. while spinning that, i then ground the pin into a round profile using a dremel tool with a sanding drum. kind of like a poor-man's lathe lol. worked great, and after some polishing you'ld never know it was modified.

also, some sear pins fit a bit tighter into the sear than others. i like to polish my sear pins so that the sear can rotate freely. i figure i'd rather have the sear rotate on the hard steel sear pin, than have the sear pin rotate on the soft aluminum rail slot.

vintage
05-18-2014, 04:49 PM
i've had sear pins not want to go into the rail but never had a problem getting them into the sear, in fact i can't tell you how many times the pin has fallen out of the sear as i was putting it thru the rail and i've ended up chasing the pin across the floor.

athomas
05-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Find out why the pin is fetching up on the rail. If it is just the edges, then rounding the corners might be just the right thing to do, as mentioned by Cyco-Dude.